• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Black Friday Sale - Starts Nov. 20th for Gold Members

For those who play Xbox enabled games on Windows 10 there is a sale with a lot of games being 10 cents for the next 12 days.

Here is the list of ones that I have found.
Hitman Go
A World of Keflings
Disney Fairies
4 Elements II
Bejeweled Live
Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Space
Assassin's Creed Pirates
Reckless Racing Ultimate
Ilomilo Plus
Rayman Fiesta Run
Monster Island
Shark Dash
Rabbids Big Bang
Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Not in the UK, at least not yet.

HTH is still nearly £8.

For those who play Xbox enabled games on Windows 10 there is a sale with a lot of games being 10 cents for the next 12 days.

Hitman Go
A World of Keflings
Disney Fairies
4 Elements II
Bejeweled Live
Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Space
Assassin's Creed Pirates
Reckless Racing Ultimate
Ilomilo Plus
Rayman Fiesta Run
Monster Island
Shark Dash
Rabbids Big Bang
Hydro Thunder Hurricane

I was going to make a comment about Angry Birds Star Wars still being $50 on Xbox One, but it appears to be gone from the online store.

Yet again a lot of these sales just bring down the inflated digital price to match retail store prices, not a sale at all.

There's only 2-3 good prices on the UK store, forza horizon 2, geowars 3 and.... maybe that gears forza bundle.

Neil_J_UK

Hitman Go
A World of Keflings
Disney Fairies
4 Elements II
Bejeweled Live
Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Space
Assassin's Creed Pirates
Reckless Racing Ultimate
Ilomilo Plus
Rayman Fiesta Run
Monster Island
Shark Dash
Rabbids Big Bang
Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Thanks for this. I want some games for my Surface, do you have any recommendations? I've heard Hitman GO is good so I've picked that up.

Edit:

To add this this, Bloons TD5 is $0.10, usually $10!

This would be a great deal if the initial Aussie prices weren't so rediculous .

After the discount halo is 55 dollars instead of the usual 99 dollars . I can go to a store about buy it for 40-50 bucks.

Heck even brand new halo retail was 69 dollars .

People would be willing to buy digitally if the prices weren't so terrible .

Thanks for this. I want some games for my Surface, do you have any recommendations? I've heard Hitman GO is good so I've picked that up.

Edit:

To add this this, Bloons TD5 is $0.10, usually $10!

I've always liked the idea of the Hitman games, but never could get into them much. I think I might end up playing this more than any Hitman game int he past.

I also spent an unreasonable amount of time researching whether or not Angry Birds Star Wars was worth it, considering it's 10 cents. I ended up getting it.

Neil_J_UK

I've always liked the idea of the Hitman games, but never could get into them much. I think I might end up playing this more than any Hitman game int he past.

I also spent an unreasonable amount of time researching whether or not Angry Birds Star Wars was worth it, considering it's 10 cents. I ended up getting it.

I was gonna get both the Angry Bird games, but it said my device didn't have the required hardware? I assumed it was because I was accessing the store via my Surface, but I would have thought they'd have touch controls.

EthanC

Banned
For anyone interested, Amazon has Dark Souls 2 on XB1 for 20 dollars today too as part of their pre Black Friday special.

I checked hitman go on the windows store on my pc, I figured that would be the place for the windows 10 deals but it shows £3.89? Is it only mobile for those deals?

Neil_J_UK

I checked hitman go on the windows store on my pc, I figured that would be the place for the windows 10 deals but it shows £3.89? Is it only mobile for those deals?

Nah it showed the same for me, I had to change the region of my store to US for them to show. Type change my region into the search bar and switch it to US. I already had like $3.67 or so credit from buying an XB1 game from the US store, so went nuts getting anything I thought I may be interested in haha.

oti

Banned
Hey guys, sorry to be a bit OT but I didn't want to make a new thread for this.
Last week I bought an Xbox One and now I want to get XBLG. I do have 1 month for free available and right now there seems to be a sale 1 month for 1€. However, it always asks me to type in my credit card information in order to make the purchase. I don't own one though. Can I use a paysafecard for this? Or can I buy 10€ Xbox balance and use 1€ for this? I can't even get the free month without a credit card. :(

tuna_love

Banned
Last week I bought an Xbox One and now I want to get XBLG. I do have 1 month for free available and right now there seems to be a sale 1 month for 1€. However, it always asks me to type in my credit card information in order to make the purchase. I don't own one though. Can I use a paysafecard for this? Or can I buy 10€ Xbox balance and use 1€ for this? I can't even get the free month without a credit card. :(
If a paysafecard is like a debit card you can use it.

Lima

No as it is a subscription. If not canceled after the month for 1€ is over it would go over into the regular price scheme sub.

You need either a credit card, PayPal or add a bank account.

You can't purchase with account money cause you may not have necessary funds for reoccurring charges.

Don't put money in your XBL account for Gold. You can't pay for it that way, unfortunately.
Not sure about the paysafecard. Never heard of it, but a quick search says it works like a prepaid credit card, so it might work.
Paypal might work. I know web purchases (even free ones) require a payment method on file, and Paypal works for that.

Shylock

Does anyone know if the gears/forza bundle counts as 2 games for the rewards promo? I'm guessing it won't, but it certainly push me towards just buying that plus TR if it does.

Omikaru

Tales from the Borderlands for £8? Sold.

May grab King's Quest next week when I get paid; is the Xbox One version fine to play?

MauroNL

- Geometry Wars 3 Xbox One
- Beyond Good & Evil HD Xbox 360
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Xbox 360
- Secret of Monkey Island SE Xbox 360

€ 13,28
Now to wait for a good deal on Gears, Witcher, Tomb Raider or PES2016 next friday. (and hoping they add Blood Dragon to BC soon otherwise I bought it for nothing)

oti

Banned
Thank you.

No as it is a subscription. If not canceled after the month for 1€ is over it would go over into the regular price scheme sub.

You need either a credit card, PayPal or add a bank account.

You can't purchase with account money cause you may not have necessary funds for reoccurring charges.

I'll use PayPal then.

oti

Banned
One last question. I used PayPal and now have the free month running. Can I buy 1 month for the sale price of 1€ and stack it up to two months? Or will it cancel my free month and turn it into 1 paid month?

Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition for ~$78 AUD seems good to me. Was thinking of waiting for a GOTY version but it wouldn't be much cheaper than that.

Hitman Go
A World of Keflings
Disney Fairies
4 Elements II
Bejeweled Live
Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Space
Assassin's Creed Pirates
Reckless Racing Ultimate
Ilomilo Plus
Rayman Fiesta Run
Monster Island
Shark Dash
Rabbids Big Bang
Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Is this on the windows store or somewhere else? I still see hurricane for £7.69 on my pc and already own it on xbox 360.

Syrus

Banned
Guys

Do you think we get he xbox rewards for the 5 xbox exclusives if they are on sale??

You can get Gears UE and Forza 6 for 65$, will they also give you 4 and 6 dollars off for the xbox rewards punch card too? And then you can buy rare replay on sale and Halo 5 n Tomb Raider and get the full 60$ reward?? Even if 3 of the games are on sale??

Go to www.maximuscards.com

I cant use my cc either since MS locked it to the region you are registered in.

I'm so tempted to pick up MCC. Is it worth it for the single player?

did 1 and 2 over the summer on legendary, loved it. Had no real issue other than the disconnecting controller when doing resume/suspend over a long period of time, and one of the missions I completed (outskirts in halo 2) wasn't marked as complete. Had to do it again to get the cheevo.

Halo 2 is worth it for the cutscenes alone.

Not sure how co-op local or otherwise is on the collection, though.

Derou

Neo Member
So I was thinking of buying Dark Souls 2 since it's only 20$ on the US store and proceeded to go and check the price on the Finnish Xbox store. Well it appears that 20$ translates to 30€. Just great.

Also my first post. Hi guys.

Lima

So I was thinking of buying Dark Souls 2 since it's only 20$ on the US store and proceeded to go and check the price on the Finnish Xbox store. Well it appears that 20$ translates to 30€. Just great.

24% VAT included in the Finish price and the € being weak as fuck. Sounds about right.

Top Bottom