• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Black Friday Sale - Starts Nov. 20th for Gold Members

J_Viper

I want to pick up Arkham Asylum to cleanse the awful taste of AK from my mouth, but I'm afraid a next-gen port will be announced the second I purchase it.

What ever happened to that rumored Arkham Collection?

MauroNL

What about the Porsche DLC?
Afraid not:

DLC included in the Car Pass

2010 Noble M600
Mobil 1 Car Pack - October
Falken Car Pack - November
NAPA Chassis Car Pack - December
G-Shock Car Pack - January
Top Gear Car Pack - February
Rockstar Car Pack - March

"The Car Pass does not include: Pre-Order cars, VIP cars, individual promotional DLC cars, Storm Island Expansion Pack, Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious, the April Furious 7 Car Pack, the May Alpinestars Car Pack, or any subsequent packs. Per the Rockstar Car Pack announcement: "The Rockstar Energy Car Pack is the sixth and final car pack included with the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass. Any future car packs for Forza Horizon 2 for Xbox One will be available for purchase individually for $5 each."
The Car Pass is not discounted as a result of owning the VIP pack."
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst21959_Forza-Horizon-2---DLC-and-Editions-List.aspx

I want to pick up Arkham Asylum to cleanse the awful taste of AK from my mouth, but I'm afraid a next-gen port will be announced the second I purchase it.

What ever happened to that rumored Arkham Collection?

I assume it's not happening since it would have made sense to release it before Arkham Knight.

EDIT: Then again maybe WB releases it to drum up interest for that rumored Suicide Squad game.

Anyone play Beyond Eyes? I've been interested in it but I'd like to hear some impressions before decided whether to spend the money or wait for something else.

gdt

How can I go to the deals page on my console? Keeps asking me to buy Gold for a dollar but I already have a year.

How does Metro Redux run on the Xbox One?

Edit: I searched for some Digital Foundry analysis and it looks like it holds a steady 60 for the majority of both games. Welp, will buy.

hlhbk

Worth every byte.

runzocizdejgugz5jdel.jpg

nemisis0

Anyone know if I buy assassins creed 2 from the us store will it play the American rated version or the European rated version? I would like the American as I already got all the achievements for the European version.

Storm360

Anyone know if I buy assassins creed 2 from the us store will it play the American rated version or the European rated version? I would like the American as I already got all the achievements for the European version.

Not every games achievements stack

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
How does Forza Horizon 2 Standard compare to the Deluxe and Ultimate editions? I'm leaning towards the standard edition, but wanted to hear thoughts on the other versions.

_SAKY_

Activision allowed Deadpool to work on the Xbox One?

That makes no sense as didn't the XO version just get released?

Either way might get it now at $20 even if it's only the 360 version.

The site doesn't show Deadpool as being BC. Each game that is BC has a black box at the bottom of the cover art that says "plays on Xbox One". Site is best viewed on a desktop browser.

Doffen

How does Forza Horizon 2 Standard compare to the Deluxe and Ultimate editions? I'm leaning towards the standard edition, but wanted to hear thoughts on the other versions.

Go with standard. The other editions are more aimed at core fans. If you really want the cars, get the car pass on sale.

mo60

Go with standard. The other editions are more aimed at core fans. If you really want the cars, get the car pass on sale.

Ugh. Bought the most expensive version before I learned this. Will probably buy the dlc and all the other extra stuff I can't get now later since I don't want to be eating up my data cap to much right now.

RPS37

So far I'm thinking Beyond Good and Evil HD, Bully, Blood Dragon since I haven't played any of them and they're basically giving them away.

On 360 I own Red Dead Undead Nightmare as digital DLC; but I don't have the Red Dead Redemption game disc any more. WIll the games on demand version work with the DLC I already have? Or I would have to get the DLC again?

steveovig

Forgive me if this has been covered but is there a way to get a Gold trial or a cheap membership, just to get a deal? I want Forza Horizon 2 for the 360 but it isn't showing me a Silver discount and I don't have Gold.

EDIT:I did just notice that Silver people will get their deals on the 24th.

Chris1

Forgive me if this has been covered but is there a way to get a Gold trial or a cheap membership, just to get a deal? I want Forza Horizon 2 for the 360 but it isn't showing me a Silver discount and I don't have Gold.

EDIT:I did just notice that Silver people will get their deals on the 24th.

You should be able to buy a month for just $1 but I'm not sure the steps on how to get that offer, there should be a tile on your dashboard or something.

Silver members get 10% less off so you're better off just getting the $1 gold since you'll be saving more than $1 buying any of the games, plus you'll be able to get them now. I think it has auto renewal on at full price though so make sure you cancel that after.

You should be able to buy a month for just $1 but I'm not sure the steps on how to get that offer, there should be a tile on your dashboard or something.

Silver members get 10% less off so you're better off just getting the $1 gold since you'll be saving more than $1 buying any of the games, plus you'll be able to get them now. I think it has auto renewal on at full price though so make sure you cancel that after.

Aha, I was just gonna ask about this. So I can buy the $1 gold for a month and log in online and cancel the auto renewal while still getting the month of gold? I'm silver right now and this $1 gold month would hold me over till Xmas where I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a 1 yr sub thru a code or something.

Bought KI S2 for $20. Enjoyed the first season, and figured I might as well snag this at half-price since I had so much built up in free Xbox bux thanks to Bing.

I bought GTA5 and tried downloading it overnight. It got stuck at 2% with the message "Installation stopped." Can I rent the game from redbox, install it, and then let my xbox one verify my digital purchase? Thanks

jesu

Thanks! I went with the standard edition. Looking forward to trying it out!

Edit: Holy hell. This game is amazing!

And I will say there is tons of cars in the base game anyway.
Also every car pack comes with a free car so check out the store for free cars.

I bought GTA5 and tried downloading it overnight. It got stuck at 2% with the message "Installation stopped." Can I rent the game from redbox, install it, and then let my xbox one verify my digital purchase? Thanks

Yeah that should work but the "Installation stopped." message is weird.

Yeah that should work but the "Installation stopped." message is weird.

Thanks. Yeah, I looked it up and it says it's supposedly because it's also downloading an update for the game. Tried reinstalling it but same error. Might as well give redbox a try.

Recharg3

Does the Xbox Store really not have the ability to deduct your remaining wallet balance and then have you pay the remainder via a selected payment method?

Example I want portal 2 & have £4 in my MS Wallet but MS wants me to pay the full price for the game as I don't have enough in my MS Wallet

jesu

Does the Xbox Store really not have the ability to deduct your remaining wallet balance and then have you pay the remainder via a selected payment method?

Example I want portal 2 & have £4 in my MS Wallet but MS wants me to pay the full price for the game as I don't have enough in my MS Wallet

Only on the Xbox does that work.
Not on xbox.com :/

I got myself Tales From The Borderlands, Bridge Constructor and Geometry Wars
No bad for £20.
I'm skint now though, no sales for me next week.

krang

I was hoping Elite: Dangerous would be part of the sale, but sadly not. I was a moron and didn't get it on XB1 during early access.

Top Bottom