• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Black Friday Sale - Starts Nov. 20th for Gold Members

jesu

Just grabbed Titanfall Deluxe 360 for 5 bucks. So far I love it. Contemplating Midnight Club.

I think I already have Midnight Club digitally.
That would be a good one for BC for me, think I've still got a fair bit to do in it.
Handling is a bit meh though.

Is Titanfall still kinda busy on the 360?

theytookourjobz

Bought Tales from the Borderlands and just played the first episode. I liked Walking Dead Season 1 but I kinda think the rest of Telltale's games are trash. TftB is still full of their shitty QTEs but the first episode was legit funny and the characters are great! Pretty damn happy with my purchase!

jesu

Bought Tales from the Borderlands and just played the first episode. I liked Walking Dead Season 1 but I kinda think the rest of Telltale's games are trash. TftB is still full of their shitty QTEs but the first episode was legit funny and the characters are great! Pretty damn happy with my purchase!

Nice, I got it too, looking forward to it.

Matticers

I've been wanting to pick up Forza Horizon 2 on the cheap... but I was hoping it would be a little cheaper than $25 by now. Oh well.

chemicals

I think I already have Midnight Club digitally.
That would be a good one for BC for me, think I've still got a fair bit to do in it.
Handling is a bit meh though.

Is Titanfall still kinda busy on the 360?

yeah the server I connect to has tons of new people (probably because the game is 5 bucks)

Bought Bioshock Infinite and I don't see it in the available to install section (bunch of other games though).

EDIT: thought it was BC, but guess not. Heads up for others thinking about buying it.

BdoUK

Being a relatively new Xbox One owner I'm behind on the Killer Instinct front. Would I be better off buying the Season 2 pack then adding the Season 1 items later? How much would the Season 1 content content cost to add to the Season 2 Ultra Edition?

CeeSaw

Being a relatively new Xbox One owner I'm behind on the Killer Instinct front. Would I be better off buying the Season 2 pack then adding the Season 1 items later? How much would the Season 1 content content cost to add to the Season 2 Ultra Edition?

Each season is 20 for the regular versions and 40 for the Ultra (Extra costumes plus the classic KI's included). I don't think that there is any discount for owning either so just buy S2 if you want now and you can pick up S1 whenever you want to.

natertots

Well I told myself I was going to wait until next weekend but that mindset lasted a whole hour. Ended up grabbing Battlefield 4 Premium Edition (too much content to pass up and a few buddies got it too) and I also grabbed the Forza Horizon 2 Deluxe Edition. Can't believe I waited so long to play this game.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
I'm not really into racing games but enjoyed the Forza Horizon 2 demo.

Which version is the best?

I'm leaning towards the standard one...

Vkandrew

I'm not really into racing games but enjoyed the Forza Horizon 2 demo.

Which version is the best?

I'm leaning towards the standard one...

I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards the standard, but am worried I'll regret not buying the ultimate. I've heard the game is awesome so I may just bite and go all out.

Sagroth

Grabbed Borderlands Handsome collection for $24. Basically the same cost as at Walmart's Black Friday sale but without worrying about fighting for a copy. Nice.

Bizzquik

Portal 2 better be backwards compatible soon.

Does Valve even answer the phone anymore if they see a phone number from Redmond, WA...?
I think Gabe's anger with Microsoft somehow still grows deeper by the year.

Phil: "Hi Gabe. Nice to talk to you again. How are things with your SteamOS and Steam Machines? Good? That's fantastic. But enough chit-chat. We'd like to talk to you about our new backward compatibility initiative that will help show that Microsoft is an entirely new company versus how people thought of us a few years ago. Because if there's one thing we've repeatedly said we care about throughout our history, its customer & partner feedback. Can we sign you up?"
Gabe: (click)
Phil: "Hello? ....Hello....??"

AP90

wish the metro games went on sale separately, I only want last light.

Picked up Mass Effect 1 digitally to have for $4, and Bioshock 1 & 2 so that I can have the complete collection with my bioshock infinite (free with gold before)

I have both of the Metro games, including last light as they were free with gold for 360 previously.

krang

I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards the standard, but am worried I'll regret not buying the ultimate. I've heard the game is awesome so I may just bite and go all out.

If it helps I bought the standard edition at launch, and after "completing" it, as well as doing a load of other stuff, I've still only done about 25% of the available content. I didn't once feel like I needed more cars.

Save that money from not buying the Ultimate Edition and buy the Storm Island DLC.

rezn0r

Your right, I checked the site again. It's on the way. My mistake as I didn't read it right the first time (eye appt time).

Random ass response since I had this thread open and not refreshed for more than a day but... don't let that game slip through the cracks when it finally hits BC. It's really great, especially if you played and liked the first Bioshock. Hopefully you're not like me where you buy random games & never get to them, but since I'm like that I felt like I had to say something, I'm happy I played it.

Should I buy RDR for 360? I don't have a 360 with me now, only thinking of buying it digitally now, and hoping that it will be BC in future. Too much to hope?

I don't see much for myself to be honest. I own most of the games on sale but I was thinking about getting Batman games, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, perhaps Arkham Knight as well if it will go on sale this weekend. Never played any of them so not sure, so GAF, yes or no to Batman games?

I know Risen 3 isn't part of the black Friday sale but tomorrow it's the last day to grab it, did any of you guys play it? is it any good?

Questions: Why was Arkham Origins and Deus Ex the Super Special Directors EDGING never released digitally on the 360, when they were on the PS3?

Is Blues and Geralts ( Blues and Bullets played by the guy who played Geralt pretending to be Eliot Ness) any good?

What made Beyond Okay and Devilsih Evil ( Beyond Good and Evil BC remastered playable on xbone) any good?

Contemplating buying those two and possible Angry Geometer metrics 3.

Sydle

Bought Tales from the Borderlands.

Still thinking on The Escapists and Geometry Wars Dimensions for Xbox One and Max Payne 3 for 360. Anyone recommend Max Payne 3?

dLMN8R

Bout The Handsome Collection and Metro Redux. Sweet!

Been waiting on a digital deal for Handsome Collection for a while now.

I think Origin is on two discs and none of multi disc games are on the xbox store, not sure about the other one.

Then explain AC4 and GTA V being available digitally, because it doesn't make much sense, cause they are both two discs, in AC's case its tacked on mutliplayer was also on another disc right?

Lima

I think Origin is on two discs and none of multi disc games are on the xbox store, not sure about the other one.

Not true. There are plenty of multi disc games on the store. Sometimes they are reworked by the Dev like The Witcher 2 down to size of one dvd other times contents from disc two will just be DLC content packages you have to download and install like Max Payne 3 or GTA 5.

Not true. There are plenty of multi disc games on the store. Sometimes they are reworked by the Dev like The Witcher 2 down to size of one dvd other times contents from disc two will just be DLC content packages you have to download and install like Max Payne 3 or GTA 5.

So maybe Warner and Square didn't want to bother in this case for some reason?

Anyone play Beyond Eyes? I've been interested in it but I'd like to hear some impressions before decided whether to spend the money or wait for something else.

I ended up getting Beyond Eyes. Not a very timely impression, or even one from someone who has completed the game, but I'll share my thoughts. I'm halfway through the game and I'm struggling with it. I'm an aspirational completionist when it comes to exploring any game's world. My compulsion doesn't gel well with the way this title is designed, sadly enough, because of the concept that drew me to it; you're working through a "fog of war" as the MC, so I'm always tracing the perimeter of an area and then I fill it in with zig-zag walking, and she's not very nimble. It's an exhausting mechanic, and exploring the relatively large areas is hardly ever rewarded, but when it is I feel like I have to persevere. I can see the kind of person who can straight line from objective to objective, not sweating missing anything optional in the world, having a better experience with this game.

It's painfully beautiful though, and its few story beats are endearing (so far). I'm looking forward to seeing how the tale concludes. I don't regret my purchase, even if it's not what I expected. I'm not even sure what I expected besides a gorgeous watercolor stylization, and that's present.

im_dany

I heard MS did something to help bringing multi-discs to XBLM around 2011. Ea didn't bother for example (ME2-3, BF3-4), others did (Rockstar, Ubisoft).

Neil_J_UK

Tempted to bite on Telltale Collection (currently part way through TWD S1 from GWG and I'm enjoying it) Borderlands Collection and Shadow of Mordor.

I really REALLY want Dead Rising 3 to go on sale. I can get it through some work corporate scheme for £15, but I want it digitally.

Top Bottom