• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Black Friday Sale - Starts Nov. 20th for Gold Members

.la1n

Everyone needs to purchase the Wolfenstein bundle if you have even a small love of old school first person shooters.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm assuming the new batch of deals replaces the old ones, right?

Looking at this list makes me think there's a couple of things from the previous one I wish I'd gotten (or will get if those deals are still live)

schlew

Everyone needs to purchase the Wolfenstein bundle if you have even a small love of old school first person shooters.

I did! Seeing the game on the PSN flash sale gave me hope I'd see it here. The initial batch of sale games had no Wolfenstein listed, so I was worried I'd cave and buy it on PS4. But, this weird bundle came to the rescue and I'm super grateful.

Solidsoul

Banned
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know what happens in this scenario? Hovering over the purchase button now.

What happens if I purchased the Wolfenstein bundle and I already have the old blood? Does it disappear into the digital nether...or do I get the code to give someone else?

.la1n

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know what happens in this scenario? Hovering over the purchase button now.

I'll be honest, I have never done it so take my opinion for what you will. If I had to wager a guess I can say with almost 99% certainty that shit is going into the digital nether.

witness

Shit, looks like I'm just buying Sunset Overdrive used at GameStop for $20. Gonna grab Rare Replay at the MS store too, can't pass on $15.

Hugstable

Banned
When are these deals going away? Just got my Xbox tonight and want to pick up both Master Chief at 30$ and Madden 16 at 35$, but having to mess around with my Xbox account as it keeps changing the xbox store website from US to Canada right when I try to look up prices. I heard there are going to be new games in the sale tomorrow, does that mean whatever is on sale now is going away, or should I be fine getting the games tomorrow morning after finding out why Microsoft wants me to be Canadian so much.

natertots

Is Gears (digital download) available anywhere for less than $20?

I think 20$ is the cheapest right now digitally. You may already know this, but if you don't mind physical and have a Wal-Mart near you, it's only 15 bucks there. I snagged myself a copy earlier and it's been a blast so far. Can't wait to get my Gears 1-3 and Judgement codes now!

Appears to be 40. So basically 15 more than they sold it on disc for earlier today on the Microsoft store. Digital once again costing more than retail . Makes no sense.

I love digital games because it's so easy to just switch games quickly and have everything in one spot, but it really irks me when a digital version costs a significant amount more than physical. It's a one the biggest reasons why I haven't went completely digital.

Qwark

I think 20$ is the cheapest right now digitally. You may already know this, but if you don't mind physical and have a Wal-Mart near you, it's only 15 bucks there. I snagged myself a copy earlier and it's been a blast so far. Can't wait to get my Gears 1-3 and Judgement codes now!

What's this? Are they remaking those also, or additional content?

Qwark

if you buy Gears ultimate before dec 31 you get free codes for Gears 1-3 and judgement

Damn, I didn't know that. That's a great deal. I was going to pass, but now I need to jump on it.

Oh wait... it's only the 360 versions of those games? I already have those, dang.

RyudBoy

I also grabbed the Wolfenstein bundle for $16. Hope they're as good as people say.

Too bad Forza 6 didn't get a good discount since that's the only game I really wanted.

im_dany

When are these deals going away? Just got my Xbox tonight and want to pick up both Master Chief at 30$ and Madden 16 at 35$, but having to mess around with my Xbox account as it keeps changing the xbox store website from US to Canada right when I try to look up prices.

In the lower left corner you can change your country if it's not yours

I heard there are going to be new games in the sale tomorrow, does that mean whatever is on sale now is going away, or should I be fine getting the games tomorrow morning after finding out why Microsoft wants me to be Canadian so much.
We already know the weekend sales, and every game that's now in sale will keep those prices until tuesday

erale

I guess I might grab the Wolfenstein bundle. That's the only good deal during this whole Black Friday sale.

Hard to see how the rest could be called deals...

Some pretty great deals; jumping on RR, Wolfenstein, GTA V and a few others.

I'm in Canada; any US GAFfers who could hook me up with a Amazon GoW code?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Vico

Well, I bought Dark Souls 2. Been wanting to play it for a while, and this prices it lower than what I actually see where I usually buy my games, so I figured I might as well grab it.

ShutterMunster

Gonna have to return the Witcher 3 I got from Best Buy because I just scored the digital version for $18. Somehow I had $7 dollars in credit on my account. I don't know from where...

krang

This Wolfenstein Bundle for 16$ seems like a good deal.

I had a bit of credit on my account that was burning a hole. I was hoping for Gears UE, but that never appeared on MN's list. So I dived in with this - £13 for both those games seems like an absolute steal.

Trup1aya

I picked up Game of Thrones and I'm thinking I may get Destiny: TTK. Is Destiny worth playing through once solo?

The campaign in destiny is bullshit. But it's fun with friends... As is the rest of the multiplayer.

But playing now through the story once, solo, doesn't sound like fun at all

I'll definitely consider this. I'll give it until Saturday evening. If I haven't found a deal around $15 for the digital version, I'll head to WalMart.

Vishnu

So how do I buy 360 games without a CC?
I only have an X1 left, and on the site it keeps asking for a CC, which I don't have.

MauroNL

Grabbed Mad Max and Witcher 3 because why not. US prices are way cheaper compared to EU's, so this is a good deal anyway. Also got new 12 month Xbox Live code for € 26 so all in all I spend ~€85 on all 3. Nice haul I must say.

Top Bottom