• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is definitely gonna get censored by NoA. There's no way they're gonna let Lyn wear some of these outfits.

Male swimsuit looks nice. Basic, but still pretty cool.

-Horizon-

This game is definitely gonna get censored by NoA. There's no way they're gonna let Lyn wear some of these outfits.

Male swimsuit looks nice. Basic, but still pretty cool.
Or they could, you know, just up her age. It honestly wouldn't be the first time a game has had that done when localized. And I doubt most people would even notice. Most people didn't even know her age when she was revealed, it had to be specifically told.

Laconic

Banned

There is ephebophilia service up in this game?

Fuuuuuuuuu!!!

Few things could have killed my hype for this game stone dead.

But that's one of them.

Chaos17

There is ephebophilia service up in this game?

Fuuuuuuuuu!!!

Few things could have killed my hype for this game stone dead.

But that's one of them.

Meh, you know that you're not obligated to give a swimsuit outfit to your character if you don't want to...

DJIzana

Can't watch any of these videos. That last Treehouse one is enough for me. I don't get why people would want to ruin the game more. A game like this... Deserves to be discovered on your own.

Chaos17

Can't watch any of these videos. That last Treehouse one is enough for me. I don't get why people would want to ruin the game more. A game like this... Deserves to be discovered on your own.

Lack of release date made me impatience.

J8qXiX4.gif

Laconic

Banned
I don't like it either, but it's curious seeing someone with an EO avatar.

My avatar is... not one of those portraits.

EO toes the line, all the way up until Untold 2.

I won't be buying Untold 2.

Chloe makes me throw up a bit in my mouth.

And the Princess isn't much better.

My Kingdom for a new Wizardry in the vein of the U.S. ones.

jgwhiteus

Thanks!
I can finally take a better look at that character creator.

I looked at the CC part as well - there seem to be a lot of options for hairstyles, colors, features, etc., but I couldn't tell if the game would also allow you to modify the size and shape of facial features like eyes, noses, etc. - the streamer kind of skipped to the game after he'd made a couple of selections.

TriBlade

I looked at the CC part as well - there seem to be a lot of options for hairstyles, colors, features, etc., but I couldn't tell if the game would also allow you to modify the size and shape of facial features like eyes, noses, etc. - the streamer kind of skipped to the game after he'd made a couple of selections.

From what I have seen, I don't think you can.

Nanashrew

Banned
Took a screencap of a moment in the Chinese stream. Seems like you can remove the body portion of some clothes like your basic shirt?

jwC6gPt.png

Nanashrew

Banned
Arm equipment is separate.

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot about that. I want to make some ridiculous clothing choices when I get the game.

EDIT: If there's a nice list of bathing suits, you could probably make some cool and cute stuff too. I hope they have swim floaties and underwater goggles.

TriBlade

Aww you can't customize those features? Kind of sucks.

I can see it now, everyone was lewd and almost nude.

I'm not 100% sure on that. All the customization video that I saw, none of player have done that so I'm just assuming that you can't. The only physical thing that I've seen changed is your avatar height.

-Horizon-

I'm not 100% sure on that. All the customization video that I saw, none of player have done that so I'm just assuming that you can't. The only physical thing that I've have seen changed is your avatar height.
I'll just assume there isn't an option so I can keep expectations in check lol. If there is an option, I can be pleasantly surprised.
I didn't know you could adjust height. That's very nice.

Chaos17

So is there some kind of multiplayer in this game? I remember seeing some stuff for that early on but I haven't been keeping up.

Reposting it

Here're the features about the online :

1) Recruit system
When you're connected to the internet you can meet other players characters online and recruit them (like in Phantasy Star online 2) AND they will gain EXP while fighting with you. It doesn't seem limited to the friendlist.

2) Guild system (SQUAD)
Guild can have 32 members max.
- guild chat
- guild quests (solo or multi up to 4)
- guild BIG quests (solo or multi up to 4)

The Big quests will be unlocked depending of your guild progression, meaning more you complete guild quests more chance you will unlock those big quests.

3) Reputations (UNIONS)
They're 8 available factions in the game and each of them will have their proper type of quests. Previous videos showed that those factions can give you some rewards.

4) Leader Borad (Ranking system)
There will be a leader board for a lot of thing but no rewards was promised for figuring on any of them.

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE_l9baH2w

qq0rO9U.gif

Is it spoiling if I'm just listening to the stream while cooking? I don't think so. =) Other than some field music, I probably won't remember much.

Regarding the swimsuits, I thought just removing armor does that. At least, that's what I remember how it was in Xenoblade. Naked (Armorless) Dunban was a thing because of speed tanking, wasn't it?

Also, first post. =)

Nanashrew

Banned
Is it spoiling if I'm just listening to the stream while cooking? I don't think so. =) Other than some field music, I probably won't remember much.

Regarding the swimsuits, I thought just removing armor does that. At least, that's what I remember how it was in Xenoblade. Naked (Armorless) Dunban was a thing because of speed tanking, wasn't it?

Also, first post. =)

I'm seeing several types of swimsuits so far in X, so it seems no one will have to always default back to their underwear for a swimsuit.

Are these players just bad, or does combat really take this long? Seems much longer than XBC.

I want to say they're a beginner but they'll get better as the game opens up to them so they can find their own style. The streamer probably also don't know how to tell their team to focus their attack and they're not reviving allies.

Zero²

Are these players just bad, or does combat really take this long? Seems much longer than XBC.
Well its the beginning of the game, which means no Overclock gear, fewer soul voices and combo options, and no mechs.
If you gonna hunt a huge monster so soon its not going to be that fast :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom