• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Zero: The Promised Land |Import OT| - Party like its 1988!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
eh, cj_iwakura still wants to hop on it (i think he's gonna do the localized 5 thread?), but LelouchViBritannia (good guy from the shenmue community) put dibs & says it'll be out this month, last i heard from him! i'll be all over that too

Very cool. Was just wondering since if it was going up soon wanted to add it to the OT as would help new fans of the series get familiar with the other titles and such.

darilaho

Banned
Thanks

Already Party like its 1988! ^^
tumblr_ndcth9vsIy1qg9yhjo1_500.gif

tumblr_ne9t8ul62p1qii6huo2_500.gif

masteratt

I can't bear to build hype for something we might never get. So all I will say is, let's make Yakuza 5 a success in the West which will surely improve the chances of Y0 making its way over here.

And also will add: SEGA plz, bring this over here :'(

Tizoc

eh, cj_iwakura still wants to hop on it (i think he's gonna do the localized 5 thread?), but LelouchViBritannia (good guy from the shenmue community) put dibs & says it'll be out this month, last i heard from him! i'll be all over that too

Ask to have it posted in General Discussion then be moved to Community after a month or so =X

IrishNinja

Ask to have it posted in General Discussion then be moved to Community after a month or so =X

please believe, i want any community i'm down with to start outside the forum ghettos, it's the best chance they have to get a following!

Yeah right choice, it's the official translation anyway so nothing wrong using it.
But that kinda is the problem. For a sec after seeing the title I thought it's getting localized T_T

But hey, at least we are getting Yakzua 5, so there is that ^_^

And you guys are right, nobody would have recognized "Like a Dragon" or "Ryu ga Gotoku" so Yakuza is the best choice.

Awesome OT, somehow made me even more hyped to get the game now! I should hopefully have my game sometime next week, looking forward to finally getting stuck into the game (by which I mean I'll waste all my time playing Space Harrier).

stn

With Sega's recent shift to mobile games, I doubt this will come to the West. I'm hopeful but bracing for the worst.

Kama_1082

Banned
With Sega's recent shift to mobile games, I doubt this will come to the West. I'm hopeful but bracing for the worst.

the call will be loud and it's heard. Check out Y5. I have no doubts that the PS4 will be seeing this game. PS3? Not so much.

Sgblues

Putting things in perspective, its funny how a few years changes things in which 1988 with the bubble economy and the flow of money and how trivial it would make things for Kiryu in the later games.

Yakuza 1:
The Tojo clan having 10 billion yen stolen from them would be a drop in the bucket and even if they still accused Kiryu of stealing it, he would instantly pay them back from just beating up a few guys on the street like that

Yakuza 4:
Had Akiyama been old enough during 1988, he would be even more ridiculously rich than he is now, to the point, 100 billion yen in his safe would be the pocket money he spends on beer at Poppo's, hell none of the homeless people he is friends with would be homeless and he would own all of Kamurocho

Yakuza 5:
Having Haruka leave to be an idol might still happen but not because the orphanage was having money problems but because she wanted to do this as you know, Kiryu would have those kids living in a mansion by the sea in Okinawa, also Kiryu wouldn't be a taxi driver, he'd have his own taxi driving companies

Tizoc

the call will be loud and it's heard. Check out Y5. I have no doubts that the PS4 will be seeing this game. PS3? Not so much.

I BELIEVE this game can get an Eng. PS4 release, for now let's just enjoy Y5 once it is out.

Will it be 9000ish Yen on JP PSN too? Y1+2 HD for 2000 Yen sounds so tempting for PS3.

Parakeetman

I BELIEVE this game can get an Eng. PS4 release, for now let's just enjoy Y5 once it is out.

Will it be 9000ish Yen on JP PSN too? Y1+2 HD for 2000 Yen sounds so tempting for PS3.

Seems like it, since unfortunately the price does not include tax. Really stupid that they do that with the digital pricing. D: Never liked it that they changed the laws again. Since before everything had to have tax included.

Kama_1082

Banned
Seems like it, since unfortunately the price does not include tax. Really stupid that they do that with the digital pricing. D: Never liked it that they changed the laws again. Since before everything had to have tax included.

wait, wat? I have 9400 in my account. Will that be enough?

Varion

PS4 set up and oh so ready for this. I'm a few behind on the main series (finished 1/2 HD and 3, own 4 and 5 but haven't finished either) but considering this is a prequel I can't see that mattering much. Just waiting for the store to update so I can set it downloading and go to bed.

Parakeetman

whew. I was about to shit my pants. Getting JPSN cards without PayPal is a pain in the ass.

Yeah can imagine its a nightmare now for all of those outside the country who purchase from JPSN having to calculate in the tax before hand. D:

Stuart444

Wait, they used to include the tax now they don't, what the hell?

So glad we don't have to worry about that in the UK, What price you see is what you get.

Parakeetman

Wait, they used to include the tax now they don't, what the hell?

So glad we don't have to worry about that in the UK, What price you see is what you get.

I do believe it changed due to the tax hike. Which this year October its supposed to jump up another 2% making it 10% D: Or maybe even before that? Am not 100% sure, but do know for a while the law was that tax had to be included in prices.

Sgblues

Yeah I don't bother with JP PSN unless its a digital game only, too much of a hassle at times, plus downloading times.

Never had a problem with importing(stuff comes undamaged and often before delivery date)

qq1oSjo.gif

Kama_1082

Banned
Yeah can imagine its a nightmare now for all of those outside the country who purchase from JPSN having to calculate in the tax before hand. D:

it's not as expensive as it used to be. I usually pay around $94 for 10000 yen. Used to be close to $120 a year or so ago, but it;s still a pain in the ass to get a card.

cj_iwakura

Very cool. Was just wondering since if it was going up soon wanted to add it to the OT as would help new fans of the series get familiar with the other titles and such.

Well, I've got Y5 covered, at least. I could use banner help though, so if you're willing, that'd be awesome.

Yeah I don't bother with JP PSN unless its a digital game only, too much of a hassle at times, plus downloading times.

Never had a problem with importing(stuff comes undamaged and often before delivery date)

qq1oSjo.gif

tumblr_nl2rz1FUyD1skns5ho1_400.gif

JoeFenix

My friend has a capture card and wants to stream this, he's the biggest yakuza fan I know but he can't find it on the japanese store.

Is it really up on PSN? Could someone post a link for him?

JoeFenix

Yeah can only stream in premium adventure mode after you beat the game.

Here you go

Thanks, he's downloading now, since people have been asking for a stream I'll drop a link to his twitch when he's up and running.

He's platinumed pretty much every game in the series, he doesn't speak a lick of Japanese but he knows his Ryu ga Gotoku :)

Sgblues

Yeah I've almost platinumed all the titles twice, the only one I haven't platinumed once is the PS3 version of HD 1&2 as I played the Wii-U version (but completed everything in game that would amount to the platinum anyways) but when I have time I'll play the PS3 version as I have it.

Back in Feb, I had platinumed Ishin again but don't want to do that a 3rd time haha.

RangerBAD

Holy fuck, Sega. Streaming through the PS4 seems to block a lot of scenes. Blue screen of censorship. Really wish Sony hadn't included that function.

unless someone is using a capture card, it's not gonna happen through the PS4 until they beat the game

That explains it. What a shit move, Sega.

There are some niconico streams. One on cavetube too.

^...holy shit, man
i can't imagine platting Y3 once

I've tried twice. Once on the Euro version (can't do the damned batting cage). Also the Japanese version (which I did enjoy more, thanks to Mah Jong, more side stories and the expanded hostess stuff) but between the batting cage AGAIN and AnswerXAnswer I hit a brick wall. Props to anyone who can plat the 3rd game, its tough as nails.
Only Yakuza game I've platted so far is Ishin, and even that took a long time thanks to grinding for modding ingredients. I could plat Y2 if I'd just finish EX hard mode.

Top Bottom