• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yay or Nay: Midway should've kept to making arcade games?

Andrew2

Banned
I would like to see what you think about the subject. BTW, I'll give my reason I as to why they should've stay, but I would like to see some opinions.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I don't feel that the actions (or lack thereof) of any one company could have made a bit of difference to the arcade industry's decline.

Arcades arent really popular at all anymore at least to me but they never were to me. So really im glad midway is staying with consoles their more foucsed on one thing.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
As long as I get a damn Psi Ops 2 I don't care what else they do. ;)

Andrew2 said:
I would like to see what you think about the subject. BTW, I'll give my reason I as to why they should've stay, but I would like to see some opinions.

I would be happy if both you and Midway went away forever.

Wait, come to think of it, just you. I want Midway to release Arcade Treasures 3 and release Arcade Treasures 2 for PSP. Then they can go away.

KingJ2002

They were the only american company in the arcades so it would have been good... but i wish they kept their arcade style. Their games were actually worth purchasing when it was arcade like... then they took the realism route and all their games bombed... they are coming with quality again but i would love for blitz to be like the arcade versions

and i would like to see the ready to rumble (boxing & wrestling) / thunder (hydro, artic, offroad) series make a return. it wa the arcade touch that made midway games so fun IMO.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
It's yea or nay, not "yay" or nay. They sound the same, but are spelled differently, and in this context (taking votes,) "yay" is incorrect.

Matlock

Banned
stoppostingfg0cr.gif

Psi-Ops, you bitch!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Nay.... but I would like to see them make more arcadey type games for the consoles.

I would kill for a new (online) version of The Grid for the home consoles. Its a shame that the game never really became popular (probably b/c the cabinet was so expensive) because everyone I know who played it loved it.

Arcades have been dead for a long time but that doesn't mean arcade style games shouldn't be made. I recall Spyhunter 1 and 2 being big successes for Midway, even if the games were garbage.

Top Bottom