• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YOU are the boss, now!

OrionNebula

We’re getting towards fall, Summer is ending. Kids are (somewhat) back in school, and we are (allegedly) less than 10 weeks away from launch of a new console gen

The cards are exactly as they are right now, and lucky for you, you are Phil Spencer and Jim Ryan’s overnight replacement

How do YOU handle shit starting today? Any decision is up to you, now

So... what’s yer plan, boss?

OrionNebula

I would do a full blowout and reveal the release date and price.

The speculation is actually causing more damage than good.
Agreed. And I hope they go all out and not hold back when they do.

As for the damage part, eh, gamers are suckers. As soon as we’re gonna start seeing shit for real we’ll all come back in an instant and be like :

NahaNago

If I was Jim Ryan I'd buy a studio and create a branch that creates anime, manga, comics, and movies of these gaming IPs. If I was Phil Spencer I'd postpone the launch to next year.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
If im above Phil, fire him
Give 343 until 2022 to finish Halo Infinite and then take the franchise away from them,
reach out to third party devs to get some deals,
start mass hiring of new grads and some senior staff and open some studios grass roots wise instead of money hatting bad ones,
Bring back some old franchises to build up upon the platform
Support studios to make AAA single player story driven games.

reinking

Gold Member
I go full on offensive mode. Screw waiting on the other console.

If I am Spencer I am hitting the market immediately with price, preorder and a daily dose of Xbox news. Even if I can't show you new release games at launch you are going to see enough XBSX enhanced previous games to want to upgrade. If they do not have enough of that type of gameplay to show then it is not going to matter anyway.

If I am Ryan pretty much the same thing when it comes to information overload only I am hammering our focus on next gen and exclusive content. Either way, getting first to preorder is key IMO. We can argue the most likely $50 price difference in the main console line but I think first to preorder is big. It locks in sales that the other team is not going to get. As for Series S. I laugh it off as a current gen console with a new coat of paint.

Belmonte

I would cancel all meetings, give Sakaguchi, Team Ninja and Epic some calls to have Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and Gears of War 2 and 3 ports for PC.

If I had the time, I would greenlight two versions of Halo Infinite. One only for the next gen, using all the power XBSX have. And a port for current gen consoles. I don't know why they don't do this. In the past this was common practice. It is more expensive but for Halo, the Microsoft flagship, it ismore than justifiable.

Arachnid

1. Cancel all current projects.
2. Buy the rights to Splinter Cell and Silent Hill.
3. Divert all personnel and funds to new SC and SH entries
4. ???
5. Make no fkn profit at all and bankrupt the Xbox division of Microsoft, but fuck it I got a new SC and SH

Ailike

Give the consoles genders to troll the shit out of you all. Make a gamefaqs topic, get a gamefaqs response.

Chiggs

The problem is that the pricing is likely to be $500 to $600.00, and there's no easy way around that topic when an epidemic is in full swing--one that has caused major economic hardship across the globe.

Aion002

I would:

Buy Capcom and make them start working on Breath of Fire and Dino Crisis.
Buy Suikoden, Castlevania and Silent Hill from Konami and start making new games with those series.

Last edited:
PS+ games downloaded/owned can be used if PS+ runs out, All PS1,2,3 and 4 Games available to play on PS5 if owned pyhsical or digital, Dualsense to have autovibrate mode for Female or Male genitalia.

INC

Go full sega and just publish and make games, and invest more into game pass, and become the netflix of gaming

Bryank75

Banned
Try to and hopefully successfully acquire Zenimax for less than 4B and Kadokawa (From) for 1.3B.

Announce all exclusives will never go to any other platform but ESO will be crossplay with PC.

All new From, Fallout, Doom and Elderscrolls mainline games would be fully exclusive.

Digital model can be bought for 150 dollars with a monthly payment scheme that also gets you PS+ for 30 dollars per month.

Digital 350 dollars, Disc version 450 with a game of choice.

Announce futher acquisitions will follow during the year... targeting Game Science Studio, Ember, Kojima and Remedy.

(Also I'd like to point out that Sony stock price has dropped almost every day since they announced they would explore bringing more games to PC)

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I would:

Buy Capcom and make them start working on Breath of Fire and Dino Crisis.
Buy Suikoden, Castlevania and Silent Hill from Konami and start making new games with those series.
I came here to post exactly this.

Except that, in order to calm investors, I would first show them how quickly and effortlessly Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes was backed in kickstarter. And make them realize what a gold mine old beloved IPs are.

Bryank75

Banned
I came here to post exactly this.

Except that, in order to calm investors, I would first show them how quickly and effortlessly Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes was backed in kickstarter. And make them realize what a gold mine old beloved IPs are.

I would have added Capcom or replaced Zenimax but I looked at the market cap and Capcom is over 8 billion now. So I thought Zenimax was a better deal.

Still Capcom would be awesome. So much potential...

OrionNebula

If I was Jim Ryan I'd buy a studio and create a branch that creates anime, manga, comics, and movies of these gaming IPs. If I was Phil Spencer I'd postpone the launch to next year.
I like the idea of gaming IPs further branching out of video games

With all the options now around (streaming platforms, youtube & all), this would be an interesting addition, as long as the material is treated respectfully and doesn’t involve Wesker children and new Racoon City

OrionNebula

If im above Phil, fire him
Give 343 until 2022 to finish Halo Infinite and then take the franchise away from them,
reach out to third party devs to get some deals,
start mass hiring of new grads and some senior staff and open some studios grass roots wise instead of money hatting bad ones,
Bring back some old franchises to build up upon the platform
Support studios to make AAA single player story driven games.
I like those ideas. Although most of them are for the long-run aside for Phil’s poor fate... but what do you do about the current situation? Do you delay the console? How do you stir momentum your way for the remaining of 2020 and early 2021?

Elcid

Banned
We’re getting towards fall, Summer is ending. Kids are (somewhat) back in school, and we are (allegedly) less than 10 weeks away from launch of a new console gen

The cards are exactly as they are right now, and lucky for you, you are Phil Spencer and Jim Ryan’s overnight replacement

How do YOU handle shit starting today? Any decision is up to you, now

So... what’s yer plan, boss?
Sony I would make a Vita 2 that is backwards compatible with Vita, PS1, PS2, and PSP and does NOT have proprietary memory. I would also do a bigger push for VR in games.

Microsoft?
Fuck so many things. A, fire 343 in its entirety. Cancel Infinite and start a new Halo title with a new shop, preferably even outsource it to Bungie. Fire any fucking “deer”. Revitalize IPs like Perfect Dark, Conner, and Banjo but with proper development teams and not a 20 dollar quality title. Funnel some funds into internal development teams to generate new IPs. See if I could strike a deal with any licensing opportunities like Konami for example to create an exclusive Castlevania or Metal Gear. Stay the fuck away from TV shows.

OrionNebula

1. Cancel all current projects.
2. Buy the rights to Splinter Cell and Silent Hill.
3. Divert all personnel and funds to new SC and SH entries
4. ???
5. Make no fkn profit at all and bankrupt the Xbox division of Microsoft, but fuck it I got a new SC and SH
Sounds like a short term, but hella fun and focussed plan 👍
#4 is obviously getting back EVERY members of team Silent to remake SH 1-4 from the ground up with the respect it deserves

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
I like those ideas. Although most of them are for the long-run aside for Phil’s poor fate... but what do you do about the current situation? Do you delay the console? How do you stir momentum your way for the remaining of 2020 and early 2021?
Try to land a quick snd expensive money hat to drag people over to me and say you only get this game on this platform so buy it, it would have to be substantial and a big purchase but itll stop the bleeding for a while. Pricing will be an issue because no matter what price ps5 is, xbox will drown
Granted my plans are long term, but this should have been started 4 years ago

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

- Moneyhat EA and Activision for exclusive content (I think full exclusivity is pretty much impossible) on FIFA and COD to get the dudebros to purchase the XSX without having launch exclusives.

- Announce the XSX price at $499.99.

- Expand the xbox all access program to Canada and Europe, let people finance the Series X and 2 years of gamepass for $20-25 monthly fee. IF $25 fee, then bundle an extra controller and 1 game of their choice either physical or digital.

- Make the online multiplayer free.

- Make 343i ditch the current gen version of Halo Infinite and develop it only for the XSX. Take away the IP from them after that.

- Announce the series S for $150 as a gamepass + xcloud box. Next gen games will be developed EXCLUSIVELY for the XSX but you will be able to play them on the Series S via xcloud. Include a year of Ultimate Gamepass with the console. We will be good guys microsoft during the COVID-19 crisis.

After hopefully getting out of the shitshow Xbox is currently in I would focus on the long term exclusives + making sure all the currently announced ones turn ok.

- Get team Ninja to develop a new Ninja Gaiden game. Also go the sony route and remake the old entries.

- Get Remedy working on sequels for both Alan Wake and Quantum break (this one without the tv show bs and focused it being a game). These will be great to showcase the console's abilities and the RTX solution

- Develop a sequel to Ryse: Son of Rome, more fleshed out and a longer game.

- Include VR support in the Forza Motorsaport series

- Seek out a partnership to bring VR headset to xbox, maybe with FB and Oculus, since relations should be decent.

- Moneyhat Capcom to either produce a new Dino Crisis game or to give them a remake, like the Resident Evil franchise. but only on xbox.

- Make Double Fine develop a sequel to Brutal Legend because fuck you, I love that game.

- Have rare develop new Conker and Banjo games during this gen. After Everwild.

- Moneyhat Ubisoft to bring back Splinter Cell, be it a timed exclusive or a full on exclusive.

Walk back the game release policy, have all these games come on gamepass for free on day 1 but ONLY on xbox. PC gets them 3-6 months after launch, free as well. If you want to play on launch day, get a XSX or use the cloud. New games also won't be getting an Xbox One release, if you want to play on xbox one, again, use the cloud.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

The problem is that the pricing is likely to be $500 to $600.00, and there's no easy way around that topic when an epidemic is in full swing--one that has caused major economic hardship across the globe.
This seems very plausible to me

However, revenues seem to be up, generally

Aidah

I'll just cancel all "social justice" initiatives and fire all the delusional warriors at the company. I'll also commission a game that only features women with big tits, then enjoy seeing cucks get triggered by it.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I'll just cancel all "social justice" initiatives and fire all the delusional warriors at the company. I'll also commission a game that only features women with big tits, then enjoy seeing cucks get triggered by it.
Sounds like a great business plan, boss

OrionNebula

- Moneyhat EA and Activision for exclusive content (I think full exclusivity is pretty much impossible) on FIFA and COD to get the dudebros to purchase the XSX without having launch exclusives.

- Announce the XSX price at $499.99.

- Expand the xbox all access program to Canada and Europe, let people finance the Series X and 2 years of gamepass for $20-25 monthly fee. IF $25 fee, then bundle an extra controller and 1 game of their choice either physical or digital.

- Make the online multiplayer free.

- Make 343i ditch the current gen version of Halo Infinite and develop it only for the XSX. Take away the IP from them after that.

- Announce the series S for $150 as a gamepass + xcloud box. Next gen games will be developed EXCLUSIVELY for the XSX but you will be able to play them on the Series S via xcloud. Include a year of Ultimate Gamepass with the console. We will be good guys microsoft during the COVID-19 crisis.

After hopefully getting out of the shitshow Xbox is currently in I would focus on the long term exclusives + making sure all the currently announced ones turn ok.

- Get team Ninja to develop a new Ninja Gaiden game. Also go the sony route and remake the old entries.

- Get Remedy working on sequels for both Alan Wake and Quantum break (this one without the tv show bs and focused it being a game). These will be great to showcase the console's abilities and the RTX solution

- Develop a sequel to Ryse: Son of Rome, more fleshed out and a longer game.

- Include VR support in the Forza Motorsaport series

- Seek out a partnership to bring VR headset to xbox, maybe with FB and Oculus, since relations should be decent.

- Moneyhat Capcom to either produce a new Dino Crisis game or to give them a remake, like the Resident Evil franchise. but only on xbox.

- Make Double Fine develop a sequel to Brutal Legend because fuck you, I love that game.

- Have rare develop new Conker and Banjo games during this gen. After Everwild.

- Moneyhat Ubisoft to bring back Splinter Cell, be it a timed exclusive or a full on exclusive.

Walk back the game release policy, have all these games come on gamepass for free on day 1 but ONLY on xbox. PC gets them 3-6 months after launch, free as well. If you want to play on launch day, get a XSX or use the cloud. New games also won't be getting an Xbox One release, if you want to play on xbox one, again, use the cloud.
Best I read in all of this 👍

Top Bottom