• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You favorite game is getting a remake, but you get to choose what game studio develops it

EruditeHobo

Final Fantasy Tactics, remade by Vanillaware.
Or...

Unreal Tournament, remade by Respawn.
OR!!!

The Secret of Monkey Island, remade by Naughty Dog.

Definitely one of those three. They are already remaking FF7, so these are the next 3 up.

Knightime_X

Bloodborne by LJN.
I want to see the world burn.

On a serious note, Bloodborne by Platinum games. Exact same team behind Metal Gear Rising with the same level of hype behind it.
The world will still burn, but i'll be enjoying the game anyway.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well, my favorite game—Mario 64—is already perfect. So I don’t need a remake of that.

But I would kill for a modern remake (or sequel) of Gunstar Heroes by Retro.

Laieon

You never said I had to remake it as a video game.

Wind Waker - whoever can best adapt it as a Saturday morning cartoon in the early to mid 2000s. Riot did Arcane 20ish years later, so why not?

Last edited:

ssringo

Parasite Eve - Capcom

I actually posted about this earlier today

I recently played through Parasite Eve and was thinking what I'd like to see from a proper remake.

Remake Parasite Eve in the style of the Resident Evil remakes. Really lean into The Thing for inspiration with gross body horror stuff but not an outright horror game. Hire a science advisor or two so you don't fuck up the base science. Don't hide the true ending behind the Chrysler Building. Instead retool it as the extra mode that's very much like Raid Mode from RE Revelations which can be more RPG based.

In fact, just give it to Capcom. They'll do more with it and treat it better than Square ever did.

Happened with Resident Evil 4 this year, but other dreams would be Kojima Productions having another go at MGS5 and actually finishing the game or Bluepoint remaking Dark Souls 1.

Zannegan

Today Chrono Trigger feels like my all-time favorite game...

...and I can't think of a single studio I would trust to NOT screw it up.

Last edited:

acidagfc

I just got a perfect sequel for my favourite game with BG3, now Larian can remake my second favourite - Arcanum.

-Zelda-

Banned
Can a trilogy count as one game? If yes, I see no reason why the Xenosaga trilogy can't be a thing. Might as well let the original studio handle it. I say these even more after seeing that future redeemed ending from Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Fbh

My favourite game that's old enough for a remake to make sense is Chrono Trigger.

I'd be fine with Square Enix making it provided it's made by the Dragon Quest XI team and Nomura isn't allowed within a 100 miles radius of the writers room

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Give me a Call of Duty by Naughty Dog - Specifically Neil Druckmann.

Serious War game with a dark and gritty story that showcases the true horror of war. Not the Micheal Bay explosion every 2 seconds shit. But the true, dark and grimey aspects of War.

Last edited:
Top Bottom