• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You favorite game is getting a remake, but you get to choose what game studio develops it

Regginator

Well, my favorite game—Mario 64—is already perfect. So I don’t need a remake of that.

But I would kill for a modern remake (or sequel) of Gunstar Heroes by Retro.

I love Mario 64 as much as the next guy, in fact I would put it on my all-time #2 after OOT, but surely in terms of frame-rate and camera/controls things can be improved? Remade with Odyssey's engine perhaps?

The Red Fool

Neo Member
Cyberpunk 2077 - Bethesda Game Studios

Would love to see a far more interactive Night City on BGS's Creation Engine, even if the visuals aren't quite as strong. Apartments could now be further decorated and customized, and there could even be base-building in the Badlands. Plus, since the modding community is far more familiar with the Gamebryo/Creation Engine, the selection of mods would be vastly improved in both quality and quantity.

Also: BGS jank > CDPR jank.

Sethbacca

Give me a Call of Duty by Naughty Dog - Specifically Neil Druckmann.

Serious War game with a dark and gritty story that showcases the true horror of war. Not the Micheal Bay explosion every 2 seconds shit. But the true, dark and grimey aspects of War.
I've been over CoD for many years now, but I'd play the hell out of a story first single player campaign.

Tams

Cyberpunk 2077 - Bethesda Game Studios

Would love to see a far more interactive Night City on BGS's Creation Engine, even if the visuals aren't quite as strong. Apartments could now be further decorated and customized, and there could even be base-building in the Badlands. Plus, since the modding community is far more familiar with the Gamebryo/Creation Engine, the selection of mods would be vastly improved in both quality and quantity.

Also: BGS jank > CDPR jank.

Maaaaate. It would look shit, especially the faces, and you know it. And be even more jank than REDengine.

And the 'interaction' would... well we all know how shit Bethesda's writing is.

Musilla

Soul Reaver by Sony Santa Monica
upright-point.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Ar Tonelico 2 by VanillaSoft

hq720.jpg

I know I know, starting on the sequel, but it really is the best game GUST have ever made by a large margin.

It would need to have the re-translation project incorporated of course.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
I never got around to this series, looks like a solid recommendation.
Also Ray Dyer's 'Realms' series in Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures..

(Click West, East, South & Final Diamond to see all of the available campaigns of The Realm)

Recommended levels are listed for each module, in the North, South, East and West (which comprises about 33 of them). He also made another concurrent campaign of 7 or so called Realm Adventures that are meant to be played in order.

We're talking classics here like Horror on the Hill, the original Ravenloft, Tomb of Horrors etc..
There's an entire campaign from level 1 to past 20 you can take the same party through, and Ray does things like removes the level cap for races and classes, so you can take your own, unique party straight through all the modules.

What you need to do in short is pick either West, East or South to start in, download and complete the campaigns from that list (you can also pick and choose a bit, as u want) and then when done with that head to the Final Diamond (North). Those are your higher level design areas

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Also Ray Dyer's 'Realms' series in Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures..
Already playing this for a while, and I love it

Right now my characters are roughly lvl 6, and I started his Ravenloft adaptation about a week ago for a bit of Halloween preparation.

I also started playing through another author's Ravenloft adaptations with a new lvl1 party, currently on Night of the Walking Dead. These are quite good--different in style from Ray's but with just as much polish.

anthraticus

Banned
Iron Tower would be one that can actually do a proper Fallout game. Look out for their upcoming game Colony Ship and play Age of Decedance & Dungeon Rats by them in the meantime.

Also Space Wreck comes out Oct 10th. UnderRail is great too, btw

anthraticus

Banned
Already playing this for a while, and I love it

Right now my characters are roughly lvl 6, and I started his Ravenloft adaptation about a week ago for a bit of Halloween preparation.

I also started playing through another author's Ravenloft adaptations with a new lvl1 party, currently on Night of the Walking Dead. These are quite good--different in style from Ray's but with just as much polish.
Sweeet. Thanks for the link
WtpFMew.png

Rodolink

Ocarina of Time -> Square Enix (FFVIIR style)
Ever since playing the remake of FVII have been wishing this treatment for Zelda.

Kurimao

Metal Gear - Naughtydog
Contra (full 3d ala MGS) - Kojima Productions
Simpsons: Hit and Run - Rockstar
Halo (in 3rd person) - Guerilla Games
Steel Battalion - Polyhpony Digital
Tenchu - Suckerpunch

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you gave me MGS4 remastered developed by Kojima of today I promise you it will be a success.

Fredrik

Super Metroid - Housemarque

Because they were sooo close to make a 3D Metroidvania with Returnal. Just needs save rooms and preset maps you can go back and forth between and a pretty face on the character.

Also…

Super Metroid - MercurySteam

Because Metroid Dread is amazing and have quite possibly the best boss fights ever. Just needs to drop the exploration hand holding that made it way too easy to 100%.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Mass Effect - Larian Studios. Yes it would be turn based.

Also, Knights of the Old Republic - Larian Studios, because duhh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom