• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

a game you dislike gets a remake, but you get to choose which studio does it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
What it says on the title, inspired by the thread with a similar name for most favorites.

I don't feel like it was as much of an interesting question, i'd rather see what a talented studio could do to a shitty game.

To start, Megaman Legends 1 and 2 should be remade by either Insomniac or Capcom. I don't like how the Legends games play but they have a great story, artstyle and characters. They're just awkward and outdated to play.

Roberts

who are those guys?
Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Pretty damn solid RPG.

Back to the topic: I don't really dislike games per se. If a game doesn't interest me, I just drop it, no hard feelings. That said (speaking of recent games because my memory can only remember so much):

Minecraft Legends by pretty much anybody, but to narrow it down, let's say: Creative Assembly
New Saint's Row by the people who made Crackdown 3 (yes, yes)

Last edited:

Kupfer

Yeah i know now.

The idea of the Horizon Franchise being reimagined into a first person RPG ala Elder Scrolls sounds nice, especially since we have enough Ubisoft likes as is.
Perhaps they would succeed in drawing a sympathetic or at least interesting heroine, giving the game some depth and believable characters without simply working off a lazy implementation of a checklist to accommodate minorities.
The world is interesting, the inhabitants and their stories are not.

Lokaum D+

God of War 2018 and Ragnarok by Creative Business Unit 3

Diablo 4 by Fromsoftware

Dante's Inferno by Fromsoftware

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Perhaps they would succeed in drawing a sympathetic or at least interesting heroine, giving the game some depth and believable characters without simply working off a lazy implementation of a checklist to accommodate minorities.
The world is interesting, the inhabitants and their stories are not.
Fuck man! I've never actual seen someone sum it up exactly as it is.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
why don't you like yoshi story?
Ha ha ha. I mentioned it before but I'll say it again, it was a big throwback to what Snes Yoshi Island was... The levels were very few, you can easily finish the game in less than 2 hours.

The ost is terrible and childish.

Horrendous graphics.

Too childish.

The inclusion of the lucky fruit is shit that breaks the game even more easily.

The Bosses are simple and unforgettable.

The only good thing was the black Yoshi. But from then on I stopped being a fan of Yoshi's games thanks to this title.

This is a weird one, because fighting game Remakes just aren't a thing (As far as I know... There are updates and re-releases, but not REMAKES). And gameplay wise the game is fine.

But King of Fighters 2001, remade by SNK themselves this time.

It has my favorite roster in the series, and the three new characters they introduced are fucking awesome! (Foxy is badass and my main, Angel is super charismatic and cool, and her gameplay is certainly not a "pick up and play" one, and K9999, while he is indeed a Akira rip-off, is a cool character, that went on to get way better in KOF 15).

But the presentation of that game, is so distractingly awful, that I can only play it for 10 minutes before dropping it. I want to like that game so bad, but it's so ugly...

The music is like if the Street Fighter Alpha 3 OST had no personality or character to it whatsoever, it sounds cheap and bad.
And the stages, besides like... 2, are ugly as hell, with no detail to them, like KOF 2000's stages were.

(I know people don't like the character portraits/artwork in that game, but I actually love how distinctly weird it looks)

It's a shame, really...
And of course this will literally never happen, ever, but I would like to see KOF 2001 get remade.
With some completely new stages, completely new music, and with the new K9999 included.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Ha ha ha. I mentioned it before but I'll say it again, it was a big throwback to what Snes Yoshi Island was... The levels were very few, you can easily finish the game in less than 2 hours.

The ost is terrible and childish.

Horrendous graphics.

Too childish.

The inclusion of the lucky fruit is shit that breaks the game even more easily.

The Bosses are simple and unforgettable.

The only good thing was the black Yoshi. But from then on I stopped being a fan of Yoshi's games thanks to this title.
interesting opinion.. are you sure unforgettable is the right word for the bosses?

I wonder why Japan Studio/Capcom specifically. Especially Capcom. Has capcom ever made games similar to Yoshi's Island?

Hudo

Halo Infinite by Bungie
Gears 5 by Naughty Dog
Nu God of War and Ragnarok by Capcom
Fire Emblem: Three Houses by Atlus or Vanillaware

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
interesting opinion.. are you sure unforgettable is the right word for the bosses?

I wonder why Japan Studio/Capcom specifically. Especially Capcom. Has capcom ever made games similar to Yoshi's Island?
In Yoshi story, there are never memorable battles, 🤔... But with Yoshi island I had quite a few, especially the one that eats you and you have to get out of its stomach... Or the one with the piranha, which thanks to the Bug I found, a publication came out in a magazine from Mexico with my name and I was the first player in the world to find 😃👍🏻.

With Capcom he did a good job with the Zelda games, I like the company for the variety of fun it brings to its video games, with Japan Studio he does wonderful work that touches the heart, it would be ideal for the company, he did memorable work like Puppeter,. Rain, Patapon. It would be a nice inclusion.

Sleepwalker

GTA III by current rockstar and not GSG.

TES Oblivion by CDPR

Fallout 3 by Larian

Watchdogs: Legion by Rockstar

The Callisto Protocol by Capcom

cireza

Loop8 by Sieg Games.

Yes I know, Sieg Games made the original. Wish they had to remake this game 10 times in a row.

This game was such a waste of my time, and I am really not someone to blatantly hate on a game (I can easily move on to something else). But I in that case I decided to stick with it, in case there was some unbelievable twist that suddenly made it good. But nope, it never happened. This game was so awful that I want the original developers to endure the suffering of making such a turd again and again.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Gears 4 & 5 by Cliffy B and whatever crew he can come up with. As long as it's far, far away from Rod.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hellblade.

Give it to From or Koei/Tecmo. The game studios will cut out the crap, two hours worth of unskippable cutscenes and replace it all with skippable scenes and more gameplay.

digdug2

Hellblade.

Give it to From or Koei/Tecmo. The game studios will cut out the crap, two hours worth of unskippable cutscenes and replace it all with skippable scenes and more gameplay.
To this day, I still just feel like this game is a tech demo above all.

Top Bottom