• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You favorite game is getting a remake, but you get to choose what game studio develops it

Stamps1646

Lunar: Silver Star Story, Bandai Namco

OfosQkc.jpg

The Red Fool

Neo Member
Maaaaate. It would look shit, especially the faces, and you know it. And be even more jank than REDengine.

And the 'interaction' would... well we all know how shit Bethesda's writing is.
And? Graphics aren't everything. Call of Duty Black Ops looks way worse than MW2 yet it's a far better game. Many would say the same about Fallout New Vegas compared to Fallout 4. I would gladly take a downgrade to the look of Night City if it meant there would be ways to interact with it such as more loot and the ability to craft and customize living spaces or even vehicles. And Cyberpunk 2077 took far longer to even be playable (literally in the case of Playstation), and with hardly any of the (side) content or interactivity of contemporaries such as Bethesda or Rockstar. And at least BGS's jank is entertaining. CDPR's is just pitiful.

Speaking of interaction, I'm not sure what that has to with the writing. I said Bethesda not BioWare. I could care less how "deep" and "profound" people expect Bethesda's writing to be. Their writing is far more entertaining and even more quotable even if it is far sillier than the norm. That's probably part of the reason their games still resonate with players even decades after their releases.

Top Bottom