• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You Got Served" Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suerte

MTV News reports that Omarion and Marques Houston revealed backstage at Saturday's taping of the 2004 MTV Movie Awards that a sequel to their hit dancing drama, "You Got Served," is in the works.

The low-budget Sony flick proved a surprisingly quick moderate hit for the studio when it debutted in the top spot in the last week of January despite higher profile competition and a critical drubbing.

Chris Stokes, who manages both singers, will again direct. He is currently discussing the script with the co-stars and plans to begin shooting in late summer for release next year.

Houston says "We're messing with the concept right now, trying to get it perfect, 'cause trying to top the first one is a big step. We don't want to do something that's too much like the first one, but not too far from it either. Sequels are tough"

The DVD release of the film has managed to be a big seller, holding onto the top spots on national sales charts for a fortnight now despite some big rival releases.

mattx5

Suerte said:
Houston says "We're messing with the concept right now, trying to get it perfect, 'cause trying to top the first one is a big step. We don't want to do something that's too much like the first one, but not too far from it either. Sequels are tough"

That both made me laugh like crazy and wonder if this guy actually thinks that he's doing something constructive with his life :|

Wolfy said:
Die, dancing movies.

B00009OWJQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000089739.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That makes up for whatever crappy dancing movies come out.

Guzim

RedDwarf said:
It was a hit? I thought it did horrible.
YOU GOT SERVED

Total as of May. 9, 2004: $40,302,351
+ Overseas Gross: $1,443,642

Production Budget: $8 million
Est. Marketing Costs: N/A

I think the head slide has more room to evolve. Head slide around in a circle-to-back of the head slide-switch-tounge slide-alternating ear hops-to-pogo penis. served.

Use the Tony Hawk engine and I'd play this game.

belgurdo

Banned
Wolfy said:
Why the fuck did anyone see You Got Served?

Father rented it and I watched about 20 minutes of it out of curiosity. Got to the part where main guy tries to date his buddy's sister before I went back to my room

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Excuse me for hijacking the thread slightly... but everybody knows the DEFINITIVE Lucinda Dickey movie is... Ninja III: The Domination!

ninjaIII.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
DarienA said:
Excuse me for hijacking the thread slightly... but everybody knows the DEFINITIVE Lucinda Dickey movie is... Ninja III: The Domination!

ninjaIII.jpg

what was up with that V8 scene? seriously, that woman is a freak and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom