• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Games of 2018

If you're like me and kinda tired of the endless threads speculating on things that haven't happened yet this is a nice way to get away from that... I at least think so... here's mine...

AptdRow.jpg

EcqGvK8.jpg

NcPI62g.jpg

rfin4D9.jpg

S93BBo4.jpg

Ur1iSFU.jpg

fzUPQb0.jpg

AgDuTND.jpg

S2RQmDh.jpg

Not as long as my 2019 list, I played less games from 2018. Stuff like Black Ops only makes it because of my level of investment in its zombies mode. The top three still argue it's a strong year, to me at least.

Guilty_AI

Crosscode and Wreckfest for me i guess. I also liked Forza Horizon 4 but i didn't start it until the next year, as well as Distance but it was pretty much a finished game ever since its early access phase. I rarely play stuff at the time it releases, in fact i still have stuff from 2018 in my backlog such as Subnautica and Lobotomy Corporation, as well as a bunch of stuff i didn't even bought yet.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm only just now getting into RDR2 but I'd include that in my list of favorites. I had a lot of other favorites from that year. 2018 was excellent:

- Octopath Traveller
- Dragon Ball Fighter Z
- Sushi Strikers
- Wreckfest
- Black Bird
- Valkyria Chronicles 4
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood
- Monster Hunter World
- Ketsui Deathtiny
- Detective Pikachu
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
- Ion Fury
- Banner Saga Trilogy (Banner Saga 3)

There are quite a few others that I still want to sink time into like Celeste, Dusk, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Into The Breach, Donut County, etc.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
fxhY.gif

There too many people ignoring this game, it was such a fun game.
Yep I think it is the best in the franchise (thank goodness it wasn't a dud). I hate to pull the JRPG excuse but it is kind of slow in the first 10 hours. Once you start unlocking more of the tech-tree branches and evolving your Unit classes, the battles feel so much more alive and interesting. I really hate how they have to re-introduce you to all the same mechanics all over again in each entry, but I guess that goes w the territory.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
BUT I DIDN'T PLAY THE FIRST 3!
You don’t need to play the pervious games to understand VC4. This game is loosely based on WWII and as such there are different battles take place all over the world and VC4 takes place same timeline as original game but in different battlefield.

Roberts

1. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - People shit on it, but I loved every minute of it. Kassandra rocks.
2. Sea of Thieves - It came into its own later and clearly in 2018 it didn't deserve to be this high. Despite that, an amazing experience.
3. God of War - Probably the only PS4 exclusive that I truly loved
4. Forza Horizon 4 - Not as good as 3, but still one of the best games around
5. Yoku’s Island Express - Favorite Metroidvania of 2018
6. Ashen - Perhaps I'm putting it too high, but this Souls rip-off was a lot of fun, especially in co-op with strangers
7. Red Dead Redemption 2 - Hated it the first time I tried, then gave it another chance by approaching it with a differnet mindset. It worked.
8. Farcry 5 - I wish it had the balls to be more political, but the game itself was an improvement over 4
9. Dead Cells - Other than SoT, This is the only game on the list I still play occasionally.
10. Kingdom Come: Deliverance - I would totally replay it if they update it for Xbox Series X

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Kingdom Come Deliverance. Quite simply a staggering game, it was a privilege to play.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
2018 had a couple of great games Assassins Creed Odyssey, DB Fighter Z, Spider-Man etc. gamers will mention that year in years to come

MastAndo

God of War
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Spider-Man
Forza Horizon 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

...pretty great year for games, I must say. Admittedly, I did't play FH4 and ACO until 2019 and 2020 though.

JonnyMP3

God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 were my most looked forward to games of that year.
I loved the original trilogy and RDR1. Yet 1 is my game of the year and the other is my biggest let down...
So my top 3 of 2018 are:
God of War
Spider-Man
Battlefield V

Top Bottom