• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your GOTY so far?

What is your Game of the Year so far?

• Total voters
I liked the demo, but it came out the same day as Stellar Blade.

I'd still rank Sand Land higher, unless you specifically love character-action games and you've played all the other ones to death.

Sand Land feels like a sort of game they don't make anymore, something that would've fit right into the late PS2/ early PS3 era. Nothing truly innovative but highly polished in all aspects. I dunno if Stellar Blade is all that innovate either, I guess if we're comparing.

I never watched/read the source material, but the Akira Toriyama style gives the game an immense amount of charm. Also this is one of his final projects before he died.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'd still rank Sand Land higher, unless you specifically love character-action games and you've played all the other ones to death.

Sand Land feels like a sort of game they don't make anymore, something that would've fit right into the late PS2/ early PS3 era. Nothing truly innovative but highly polished in all aspects. I dunno if Stellar Blade is all that innovate either, I guess if we're comparing.

I never watched/read the source material, but the Akira Toriyama style gives the game an immense amount of charm. Also this is one of his final projects before he died.
Ps2\ps3 era game were tough, everything i heard about sand land is that it's easy af even on hard.

It looks more like a modern brainless game wrapped in ps3 era nostalgy if anything.

Ps2\ps3 era game were tough, everything i heard about sand land is that it's easy af even on hard.

It looks more like a modern brainless game wrapped in ps3 era nostalgy if anything.

Stellar Blade is modern button-mashy QTE action game wrapped in ass so I dunno what the complaint is.

I'm more in the mood for a cozy open-world adventure that knows what it is, that's all. It's fairly easy, yes, but I don't know many other vehicle-focused combat games right now, other than 2015 Mad Max I suppose. Stellar Blade demo was fine but I have other action games I wanna replay before I bother with the full version.

GymWolf

Stellar Blade is modern button-mashy QTE action game wrapped in ass so I dunno what the complaint is.

I'm more in the mood for a cozy open-world adventure that knows what it is, that's all. It's fairly easy, yes, but I don't know many other vehicle-focused combat games right now, other than 2015 Mad Max I suppose. Stellar Blade demo was fine but I have other action games I wanna replay before I bother with the full version.
The difference is that stellar has at least a decent enough challenge.

GymWolf

10 rounds with the revolver. 3 supply drop suicides.
giphy.gif

lem0n

I'm a total fucking weirdo so don't blame me.. but I really loved POOLS on Steam. It's a liminal space walking simulator essentially lol. As an experience I really enjoyed it.

Even though it's not as good as part 1, Dragon's Dogma 2 for me (so far). 2 was a bit disappointing, even though I did have a blast throughout my first run. Hopefully the dlc is as good as Dark Arisen.

Haven't played the others yet. I might change my mind after diving into Infinite Wealth or Rise of the Ronin.

Chukhopops

Dragon’s Dogma 2 is several steps above the competition in my opinion, it’s not perfect but it’s full of amazing ideas and looks insane.

The ending and post-ending part is one of the most jaw-dropping moments since World of Ruin in FF6.

Rockman33

Not to be too negative because these days it feels like neogaf is all about shitting on games.

Having said that, I feel like this year has been pretty weak, especially compared to last year.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Not to be too negative because these days it feels like neogaf is all about shitting on games.

Having said that, I feel like this year has been pretty weak, especially compared to last year.
For someone like me who mostly likes Japanese games, it has been FANTASTIC!

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I've spent the most time in GBF:Relink so I guess it goes to that. Objectively speaking I think it should be Stellar Blade or Rebirth though.
How is that? I was looking forward to it for years and it finally came out when I don't have a lot of free time.

Top Bottom