• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Is The Third Highest-Rated Game By Userscore In PS5 History

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Update:

Stellar Blade has a 9.3 user score now

doS8TNi.jpeg

Original story:

960x0.jpg

Stellar Blade is resonating with fans, with higher userscores coming in than the (still good) critic scores for the game. The game has been the center of a culture war where it was first praised for being “anti-woke” with its especially attractive lead, but now it finds itself being accused of “censoring” specific costumes by the same crowd. But it appears the positive sentiment across all players is overwhelming the negative.

In fact, Stellar Blade is now the third highest-rated game by userscore in PS5 history. Yes, it’s higher than almost every game that immediately comes to mind. Elden Ring! Baldur’s Gate 3! God of War!

The game has an 82 metascore, but the userscore puts it at a 9.1/10. And with more reviews in than many other games in the top 10. And what is that top 10? It’s probably a bit surprising on a few fronts:

1. Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways – 9.2
  2. Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition – 9.2
  3. Stellar Blade – 9.1
  4. Astro’s Playroom – 9.0
  5. Nioh Remastered – 9.0
  6. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth – 9.0
  7. The Talos Principle 2 – 9.0
  8. Baldur’s Gate 3 – 8.9
  9. Resident Evil 2 – 8.9
  10. Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – 8.9

I excluded the Hitman Trilogy’s 9.9 because that’s based on just 10 user ratings, which seems excessively low to make the list. You can give or take a few at the bottom there.

stellar2

As for the list itself, you will see some big names on there. I debated whether to include Resident Evil: Separate Ways DLC on there, but it felt like I probably should. So that puts Stellar Blade at #3. I am happy to see Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition (which includes the Phantom Liberty DLC) rated so high, as that remains one of my favorite games of all time.

You do have to wait until the game is released for a little while to rate it on Metacritic, so this wasn’t purely some blind voting movement. I am not surprised that players like it a bit more than critics, though I would not expect it to stay as the third highest-rated game of the entire generation over the long term as more players than day one superfans get their hands on it. But I do think it’s very fun and I am not surprised others feel the same.

I am curious to see if sales for Stellar Blade will be announced anytime soon, and what those will look like. Given that this is SHIFT UP’s first major title, it feels like a win no matter what at this point.

stellarblade-ps5.gif

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The gameplay videos have been super cool so far. Assuming that input latency issue got patched, I’ll probably grab this next month.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m absolutely LOVING this game but in all honestly I don’t give a fuck about these userscores because they always score based on “agenda” rather than based on actual game Itself.

I trust my taste and nothing else and so far it hasn’t let me down.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Also even Stellar Blade does really well still won’t change western gaming culture attitude towards “sexy” design.
Not sure about this one! If the game sells a ton I bet a few suits will change their mind.

Glad to read you are enjoying the game btw, hope I get to play it too.

Reactions: GHG
In fact, Stellar Blade is now the third highest-rated game by userscore in PS5 history. Yes, it’s higher than almost every game that immediately comes to mind. Elden Ring! Baldur’s Gate 3! God of War!...
in this thread, we compare the 1500 user scores of stellar blade, a game that was released 3 days ago, to the 15,000/16000 user scores of games that've been out, well, let's just say somewhat longer (meaning they're not all pretty much from the game's earliest adapters/fans)...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Not sure about this one! If the game sells a ton I bet a few suits will change their mind.

Glad to read you are enjoying the game btw, hope I get to play it too.
2B has become super popular to the point it had cross over with western game but that didn't stop western journalist crying over every time we get "sexy design" in a game.

Thankfully Asian devs are also not gonna stop making attractive character design in their games no matter how much those so called "journalist" b**ch about it.

Last edited:

Crayon

It rules. It's not and all-timer or anything but seems like it's made for me and one of the few worth the money.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
If it continues to maintain the highs it started with then it will absolutely land on the all timers list for me. The game is special in a way I havent experienced in eons. Its the best new IP Ive played in years. Just good "old fashioned" 6th gen style gaming at its peak. I couldn't ask for anything more. Like the game doesnt deserve to be THIS good.

Saber

Gold Member
Good for the Stellar Blade devs, they deserve all the praise they can get to support these kind of games. I don't give a single fuck about Sony being there. Gaming industry needs more game from the east.

Last edited:
I wouldnt exactly post this as a win. Stellar Blade might be a good game but there are far better games on the PS5. This is not a good look on the metacritic userbase.

It's a worse look on the journos side. This scoring lower than 85 is a travesty.

All the games on that list are top-tier and deserve their spot.

Yonyx

Banned
Time to update. Stellar Blade has 9.3 user score now, but still with only 2000 scores (this is nothing, it can not be compared with the big titles yet)

S0ULZB0URNE

Could you say which ones don't belong on that list? (games that you have played, preferably, so we know you are not talking out of your ass)

Damn, buddie, talk about bad predictions on a game... how does that crow taste?
This game is overrated by users.

Blaming critics for rating it more accurately is not only copium but talking out your ass.

SHA

I’m absolutely LOVING this game but in all honestly I don’t give a fuck about these userscores because they always score based on “agenda” rather than based on actual game Itself.

I trust my taste and nothing else and so far it hasn’t let me down.
I wouldnt exactly post this as a win. Stellar Blade might be a good game but there are far better games on the PS5. This is not a good look on the metacritic userbase.
The agenda here are bunch of lonely gamers.

Crayon

Game started off real strong and getting better as I play it more. It's killer and worthy of at least cult status years down the line.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
960x0.jpg

Stellar Blade is resonating with fans, with higher userscores coming in than the (still good) critic scores for the game. The game has been the center of a culture war where it was first praised for being “anti-woke” with its especially attractive lead, but now it finds itself being accused of “censoring” specific costumes by the same crowd. But it appears the positive sentiment across all players is overwhelming the negative.

In fact, Stellar Blade is now the third highest-rated game by userscore in PS5 history. Yes, it’s higher than almost every game that immediately comes to mind. Elden Ring! Baldur’s Gate 3! God of War!

The game has an 82 metascore, but the userscore puts it at a 9.1/10. And with more reviews in than many other games in the top 10. And what is that top 10? It’s probably a bit surprising on a few fronts:

1. Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways – 9.2
  2. Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition – 9.2
  3. Stellar Blade – 9.1
  4. Astro’s Playroom – 9.0
  5. Nioh Remastered – 9.0
  6. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth – 9.0
  7. The Talos Principle 2 – 9.0
  8. Baldur’s Gate 3 – 8.9
  9. Resident Evil 2 – 8.9
  10. Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – 8.9

I excluded the Hitman Trilogy’s 9.9 because that’s based on just 10 user ratings, which seems excessively low to make the list. You can give or take a few at the bottom there.

stellar2

As for the list itself, you will see some big names on there. I debated whether to include Resident Evil: Separate Ways DLC on there, but it felt like I probably should. So that puts Stellar Blade at #3. I am happy to see Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition (which includes the Phantom Liberty DLC) rated so high, as that remains one of my favorite games of all time.

You do have to wait until the game is released for a little while to rate it on Metacritic, so this wasn’t purely some blind voting movement. I am not surprised that players like it a bit more than critics, though I would not expect it to stay as the third highest-rated game of the entire generation over the long term as more players than day one superfans get their hands on it. But I do think it’s very fun and I am not surprised others feel the same.

I am curious to see if sales for Stellar Blade will be announced anytime soon, and what those will look like. Given that this is SHIFT UP’s first major title, it feels like a win no matter what at this point.

stellarblade-ps5.gif

Para que se les quite :messenger_sunglasses: ..

It seems that The last of us Woke, nor Spiderman 2 were the main stars of Playstation.

Gamerguy84

Hell is this game really this good? As in gameplay, story, fun factor, etc.

I wasn't going to buy it but in the last week all the attention it's gotten kind of piqued my interest. This thread title just put it over the top.

So I'll ask physical or digital?

Last edited:
Top Bottom