• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zatoichi

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

I was just watching the Blindswordman movie the other night and it motivated me to download Zatoichi since I believe its the same story.

Anyways, I really liked the old version and I was wondering if any of the other martial arts buffs watched Zatoichi and if they liked it or not. I heard from one of my friends it was ok but nothing really great.

HAOHMARU

I have the entire Zatoichi series released by AnimEigo and it rocks. I still haven't seen the one that got released this year in Japan, but I heard it was badass.

Check out Lonewolf & Cub and also Lady Snowblood...they kick ass also.

I love samurai movies!

effzee

I'll try to check out Lonewolf & Cub and Lady Snowblood. OH btw, if you can, can you direct me to where I can find them?

Flynn

If you guys are digging on Samurai movies, please do yourself a favor and rent:

The Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
Sanjuro
Throne of Blood
The Hidden Fortress
Samurai I, II, III

nitewulf

i think the new zatoichi movie is very good. its not like the old ones, but if you liked those, you sohuld check out the new one as well.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is there a box set of the entire Zatochi series? How many films in total.

nitewulf said:
i think the new zatoichi movie is very good. its not like the old ones, but if you liked those, you sohuld check out the new one as well.

Yeah, it's not one of the best Takeshi films ever, but it's still damn good. Though I'm afraid most people won't get the ending if they don't know much about Beat.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
The New (Takeshi Kitano) Zatoichi is good. But what's awesome, is the music. And what's AWESOME is the ending song. I have a short version (2 min.) of it, but I can't find the long version as heard in the ending :/

HAOHMARU

isamu said:
Is there a box set of the entire Zatochi series? How many films in total.

Zatoichi is like the Japanese Bond movies in how many were made...probably around 25-30 in total. The first ones with Katsu Shintaro are the best...AnimEgio released 6 or 7 of them in a box set. I forget the total #.

Katsu Shintaro also produced LoneWolf and Cub with his brother as the lead...I actually like them more than the Zatoichi series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom