• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

I do think Daryl getting the
Lucille treatment
would not only be a great send-off but an amazing introduction to him.
Comic spoilers
I'm really conflicted with this because on one hand this would be the absolute best death for him and there might not be another chance in this show to have a death that tops it. But at the same time Daryl is a show only character and it would be pretty cool if they could find a way to kill him off with a glorious death that's only on the show and not from the comics.

I honestly don't believe though daryl is going anywhere, he's still way too popular and I personally wanna see him in all out war at Ricks side. My gut is telling me either glen or Morgan is going to get Lucille to the face.

dustyherb

My death predictions... are semi-spoiler sourced... so I'm posting them in the appropriate place. They're still mostly just guesses, though.
Comic spoilers
I really hope Abraham doesn't die yet :/ I know he's screwed either way but I feel like we haven't had enough time with him yet. And please don't kill him like in the comics so damn stupid! I hope he goes out in a blaze of glory in all out war against Negan and his men at some point. His character would be perfect for the all out war setting.

neoism

I really hope Abraham doesn't die yet :/ I know he's screwed either way but I feel like we haven't had enough time with him yet. And please don't kill him like in the comics so damn stupid! I hope he goes out in a blaze of glory in all out war against Negan and his men at some point. His character would be perfect for the all out war setting.

welp no more thread for me.. what the

FUUUUCK WITH THE SPOILERS

smfh you guys you know there is a preview post button for a reason...

dustyherb

welp no more thread for me.. what the

FUUUUCK WITH THE SPOILERS
I'm sorry I messed up bad and fixed it as fast as possible. I'm really sorry man.

Ya I do know there is and I thought I put it in spoilers. Like I said I'm sorry, usually I am more careful with spoilers cause I know how it is. I really didn't mean to just an honest stupid mistake.

neoism

I'm sorry I messed up bad and fixed it as fast as possible. I'm really sorry man.

owell shit happens..

:(

Ya I do know there is and I thought I put it in spoilers. Like I said I'm sorry, usually I am more careful with spoilers cause I know how it is. I really didn't mean to just an honest stupid mistake.
its coo mang at least its about a character i dont care for all the much lol..

I'm really conflicted with this because on one hand this would be the absolute best death for him and there might not be another chance in this show to have a death that tops it. But at the same time Daryl is a show only character and it would be pretty cool if they could find a way to kill him off with a glorious death that's only on the show and not from the comics.

I honestly don't believe though daryl is going anywhere, he's still way too popular and I personally wanna see him in all out war at Ricks side. My gut is telling me either glen or Morgan is going to get Lucille to the face.

comic spoilers included
I think anyone getting the Lucille treatment besides The Atlanta Five + Michonne or Maggie would be a massive cop-out IMHO.

I think it'd be great for Daryl to go. When Glenn was alive he was pretty much the most popular character [besides perhaps Michonne] everybody loved him. Daryl is obviously the most popular character in the show. Glenn was Rick's "brother" in the comic, and Daryl is his "brother" in the show.

Furthermore, how do you top the Governor right from the start? By killing the fan-favourite. It would create an unheard of amount of hype for the following season. It would also really create a sense of "fear" - Daryl is known for getting out of everything and kicking arse everytime, so what kind of enemy can bring him down?

It seems like TPTB are giving Daryl/Norman a big send-off. He's gotten much more promotion in the build up to this season then any previous season... even just recently he got to drive his motorbike down the ramp @ Madison Square Garden. I don't know... we'll see I guess

I've already read them so I don't care, but it might be a good idea to be posting "Comic Spoilers" next to your tagged posts guys. Lest somebody think they're just show spoilers and then end up clicking away.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nice OT Samurai! I'm looking forward to the new season.

The reviews have me a little concerned though re: feelings of fatigue. It seems like a lot of it is stemming from an (comic)
assumption that Alexandria is just another temporary safe haven that will eventually be destroyed within a season before Rick and Co. go on the road again (see: Hershel's farm, the prison, Woodbury, etc.), and I think it would benefit the show if the writers could somehow let people know that that's not the case, sooner rather than later.

Also, I'm curious about the new character Embry. He's supposed to be "a composite of different people from the original comic." but I can't think of which characters he's supposed to be a composite of...?

The notable thing I wanted to mention about the content in the OP is in regards to the "Season Recaps" section.

I fished around YouTube for the best, most concise season summary videos I could find and now each season can be recapped in no longer than 5 minutes! So I highly recommend checking them out.

Two other particular goodies are those fan tributes I posted. Found those while looking for recap videos and I thought they were both incredibly well done. They do an awesome job showcasing character evolution and relationships across multiple seasons, which for me is my favorite quality about the series.

Thanks for the head's up. Will check these out later.

The theme song is now stuck in your head.

omg

SamuraiX-

It's unacceptable to discuss comic material in this thread without properly labeling your spoiler tags. Please review the thread rules in the OP regarding spoilers if you haven't done so already.

wRYuJag.png

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview and/or promo discussion for episodes that have not aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed media belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. (Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers)
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

dustyherb

comic spoilers included
I think anyone getting the Lucille treatment besides The Atlanta Five + Michonne or Maggie would be a massive cop-out IMHO.

I think it'd be great for Daryl to go. When Glenn was alive he was pretty much the most popular character [besides perhaps Michonne] everybody loved him. Daryl is obviously the most popular character in the show. Glenn was Rick's "brother" in the comic, and Daryl is his "brother" in the show.

Furthermore, how do you top the Governor right from the start? By killing the fan-favourite. It would create an unheard of amount of hype for the following season. It would also really create a sense of "fear" - Daryl is known for getting out of everything and kicking arse everytime, so what kind of enemy can bring him down?

It seems like TPTB are giving Daryl/Norman a big send-off. He's gotten much more promotion in the build up to this season then any previous season... even just recently he got to drive his motorbike down the ramp @ Madison Square Garden. I don't know... we'll see I guess
Comic spoilers
All very good points. They're definitely making it seem like this could the way he goes and it honestly wouldn't surprise me. The way I see it is everyone is going to go eventually so Daryl going this way wouldn't bother me even as a huge Daryl fan.
Even though all out war could be a great setting for his character, getting beat by Lucille would make his death the biggest on the show most likely.

If Daryl isn't the one to get killed at Negan's intro then I see Daryl making it all the way too the end with Rick, or at least one of the last characters to go.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do I need to have watched Fear at all? Will there be callbacks or something?

because I still havent :/

RPGCrazied

Can't wait. I'm really hoping for a new location this season. I really wish we could see this show during the winter. Love to see how they deal with snow/ice along with zombies.

My death predictions? I'm going to say Carl or Sasha.

Gorillaz

Can't wait. I'm really hoping for a new location this season. I really wish we could see this show during the winter. Love to see how they deal with snow/ice along with zombies.

My death predictions? I'm going to say Carl or Sasha.
The crew last season said a nice amount of money went into creating alexandria. Since dont hold your breath

SamuraiX-

Also, I'm curious about the new character Embry. He's supposed to be "a composite of different people from the original comic." but I can't think of which characters he's supposed to be a composite of...?

I've thought about this and (Comic Spoilers)
considering that his primary quality is being an opposing force against Rick's rise to power in Alexandria, he could be taking on the roles of Nicholas and Spencer from the comics in that aspect. It's somewhat peculiar considering Nicholas is even more of an asshat in the show and he seemed primed to continue being a nuisance but both of those characters attempted to orchestrate coups against Rick in the comics. Looking at this part of the Comic Con trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va1UPrFXHKA&t=2m51s I think Rick is pointing his gun at Carter in a recreation of this scene from the Issue 89: http://i.imgur.com/Ks1S8hG.png.

It's interesting how Andrea is replaced with Daryl but Abraham is left out entirely on the TV show version. Could be just to condense it for the sake of the trailer.

As a side note, I fucking LOVE Andrew Lincoln's delivery of that line in the trailer. soooo gud hope they add the "fuck" in there in the Bluray version.

Jarrod38

With working at a public library I'm always shocked to see how many grandparents have gotten into the show thanks to their grandkids.

Bandit1

I enjoyed Fear the Walking Dead, but I'm glad to get back to Rick and company. I think this show has been getting stronger as it goes along, I'm glad Morgan's back but I'm a little worried about how he and Rick will get along. Pumped for the new season nonetheless!

I enjoyed Fear the Walking Dead, but I'm glad to get back to Rick and company. I think this show has been getting stronger as it goes along, I'm glad Morgan's back but I'm a little worried about how he and Rick will get along. Pumped for the new season nonetheless!

Fear is ok but Im so tired of zombie films/tv set in the beginning of the outbreak. I enjoy how TWD is set way after it.

Fear is ok but Im so tired of zombie films/tv set in the beginning of the outbreak. I enjoy how TWD is set way after it.
What films or shows are right at the start? I can think of very few. First 15 minutes of World War Z. Dawn of the Dead remake. What else?

Most take place once the outbreak is underway

Most I've seen either take place not long after the outbreak, and sometimes just as it starts.

I haven't really seen much at all where it's literally years after the outbreak.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
"Simply put, there is a vast ocean of shit that you people don't know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit. And then some." I love Abraham

styl3s

"Simply put, there is a vast ocean of shit that you people don't know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit. And then some." I love Abraham
I just about to post that when the scene happened.

Abraham is to me what Daryl is to most people. He's cool as fucking shit.

over / under when how far in until we get the first terrible decision by somebody. ill say 25 min
Im more interesting in the over/under for when the first person comes out of no where to drive by shit on the show. Probably will happen before someone does something stupid in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom