• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Concord’ Lead Character Designer Believes “Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality” Also Claims The Ju

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
These devs seem so fuckin dumb, and they clearly don't understand their customers in any way. Setting aside the (hamfisted) political activism that continually and often antogonistically alienates large swaths of their potential customers... they don't seem to understand or appreciate their customers' actual circumstances. Who is going to leave a game ecosystem they have invested real money (often amounts which they likely regret) to jump to a fresh game where they have no investment, that does nothing notably different or better!? Just some bland-ass copycat trend-chasing cash grab.

These people really do seem completely out of touch; and then when the studio inevitably folds, they'll look around and ask for sympathy and want anyone else to blame but themselves. There are only so many GAAS that can survive at one time, and you're fighting an uphill battle against people's years-long investment of their time and money -- something this ENTIRE INDUSTRY respects less and less.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
He should probably check his privilege before posting, also what year is now...

This is like 2014 attention whoring

ZuomD9V.png

Also everyone in the non white community know what you are doing and you aren't "one of the good ones", so fuck off.

Last edited:

Synless

So…everyone was upset at conservatives getting cancelled and we should just do the same thing?

Don’t buy the game based on the merits of the game itself, not the political beliefs of someone who worked on it

I can assure you that a huge portion of the products you consume and games you buy are done so by people with similar beliefs
I didn’t say cancel this person. I said don’t buy their product.

It’s obvious from the reveal that the game has the political beliefs integrated into the game. You can’t not see it, subtle or otherwise.

Your god damn right I make my purchasing decisions based on how a company decides to allow their team to state controversial things. It’s never a perfect science but if I don’t have to buy it, I don’t.

SSfox

Cory is woke AF.
IDGAF if he's woke or not, everyone is free with his lifestyle and beliefs, as long as it doesn't get retarded and screamed over the windows like this Concord moron. If he keeps making games that I enjoy that's all what I care about.

GermanZepp

Gold Member
He’s not brow beating you at all. It’s his own personal tweet. It’s not in the game
Yes is in the game. Retarded pronouns are in the game and the desing of the characthers speak for itself. Is another thing if you don't want to see it. They/them and all thats stuff is equal to devs putting red maga hats as optional in a toggle slider in the character selection. It belong to a clear ideology.

Last edited:

Unknown?

IDGAF if he's woke or not, everyone is free with his lifestyle and beliefs, as long as it doesn't get retarded and screamed over the windows like this Concord moron. If he keeps making games that I enjoy that's all what I care about.
I agree. I was just saying it isn't a sure bet that it doesn't permeate into his next game. Heck even GTA6 isn't, R* isn't the same that they used to be but we will see.

Interfectum

I didn’t say cancel this person. I said don’t buy their product.

It’s obvious from the reveal that the game has the political beliefs integrated into the game. You can’t not see it, subtle or otherwise.

Your god damn right I make my purchasing decisions based on how a company decides to allow their team to state controversial things. It’s never a perfect science but if I don’t have to buy it, I don’t.
Yup. I don't give a shit how good this game is, I'm skipping it. The more they shoehorn this stupid shit in to games, the more I bow out.

Yes is in the game. Retarded pronouns are in the game and the design of the characthers speak for itself. Is another thing that you don't want to see it. They/them and all thats stuff is equal to devs putting red maga hats as optional in a toggle slider in the character selection. It belong to a clear ideology.

If retarded pronouns are a dealbreaker for you, so be it.

I have to deal with them everyday and just ignore them.

Its hard to be employed these days if you can’t put up with them

CherryFalls

Your god damn right I make my purchasing decisions based on how a company decides to allow their team to state controversial things.

Yup. I don't give a shit how good this game is, I'm skipping it. The more they shoehorn this stupid shit in to games, the more I bow out.

Nooooo, How dare you have moral integrity! Just ignore your ethical stances and consume product!

Ah thats the issue with this game, not the boringness of it all.

Just keep digging that hole
Took the words out of my keyboard. The gameplay looks completely uninspired and boring. If the game looked incredible this wouldn't be the focus of the conversation outside of the usual people that do nothing but talk about culture war in video games.

BigBeauford

Gold Member
If you weren't at least a little horrified at the George Floyd incident 10 days after he died, before protests were out of control, when basically the whole country was unified in the idea that something about police training might need to be done, you probably have other issues. Hard R-shop issues. That's the context of those tweets.

Now this guy could be a totally off the range woke nutjob, but those particular tweets at that particular time don't prove it. That's the distinction.
Meanwhile we all just stood by and watched as this industry forced out creatives like Phil Fish and Jonathon Blow. How did the industry treat The Last Night?

Last edited:

gerth666

This shite about white privilege always makes me chuckle. I'm white, was born into a working class family, was raised on a council estate in south Wales, didn't have a pot to piss in growing up, and went to a comprehensive school. What fucking privilege have I had the cheeky cunt. Anyway you're game looks shit you helmet, and when it bombs and Sony close your studio see how much use your soyboy activism is then.

Nobody is excited dude. Nobody.

This shite about white privilege always makes me chuckle. I'm white, was born into a working class family, was raised on a council estate in south Wales, didn't have a pot to piss in growing up, and went to a comprehensive school. What fucking privilege have I had the cheeky cunt. Anyway you're game looks shit you helmet, and when it bombs and Sony close your studio see how much use your soyboy activism is then.

I was going to back up your post, but then I remember everything I'm seeing on my Twitter page is how much the English are cunts to the Welsh and you hate us all very much. Vote Plaid Cymru.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
About as bad as the one level in God of War Ragnarok where there's rainbow sparkles on the walls and Tyr is portrayed as a complete wimp.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Gold Member
Took the words out of my keyboard. The gameplay looks completely uninspired and boring. If the game looked incredible this wouldn't be the focus of the conversation outside of the usual people that do nothing but talk about culture war in video games.
To add salt to the wound, its kind a hilarious how sony also announced that marvel team based game as well.

Talk about cannibalising your own potential sales

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Meanwhile we all just stood by and watched as this industry forced out creatives Phil Fish and Jonathon Blow. How did the industry treat The Last Night?
Phil Fish is one of the biggest SJW terds of all time and I wish only misery on him in his DJ career, for the honor of Makoto Goto.

Jonathan Blow, I don't really know what you're talking about honestly. The guy does his own thing. I think he just put out a Braid remaster.

And I didn't stand by and watch anything. I was a pretty active commenter and got banned here and pretty much everywhere else for pointing out bullshit as it first started. If you still have a 2014 account that didn't get reinstated, maybe you did watch.

Last edited:
I can get behind the notion of people, anyone, in a position of power should do everything they can for equity for all. I also think people have a very biased, convoluted notion of what racism is and a warped view about it's application in our systems. "The entire penal/judicial system is white supremacy" is a level of a radical level of brainwashed nonsense.

But I'm also getting fucking sick of people shitting on a having a larger roster of black people as if that's because of some made up nefarious purpose over having a majority of white people. That one is innately fine over another is gross. Instead nail the game for a questionable palate and cast that possibly looks worse than Lawbreakers.

Schmendrick

I'll use my white privilege to make sure that no one in my household moves even a cent towards his products, that's for sure.

gerth666

I was going to back up your post, but then I remember everything I'm seeing on my Twitter page is how much the English are cunts to the Welsh and you hate us all very much. Vote Plaid Cymru.

If it helps you, I hate everyone equally.🤣
Nah on a serious note, I don't hate my English bro's outside of the usual sporting rivalry. Labour have been pretty shite for us though

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Politically obsessed devs still arent getting it. We arent in the late 20-teens anymore. When you spew your racist rhetoric thinking you're moving mountains and creating a future utopia, you might as well be raising a fucking gun to your temple.

I hate to be the "shut up and play ball" type of person, but knowing how absurdly mediocre the character designs in this game are, does make me want to say shut up and actually do your job with some passion...

Jesus christ.
There's nothing to say about what he is saying, the white people that need to hear that, aren't listening to a mid artist, of a game that is already dead.

They are too busy making sex dolls out of dollar bills and cocaine, and fucking it. Or living their boring suburban life.

Sushi_Combo

I think I remember this guy from Bungie, think he was responsible for fucking up Destiny 1's crucible mode.

I could be wrong but the name is familiar.

semiconscious

Gold Member
These devs seem so fuckin dumb, and they clearly don't understand their customers in any way. Setting aside the (hamfisted) political activism that continually and often antogonistically alienates large swaths of their potential customers... they don't seem to understand or appreciate their customers' actual circumstances. Who is going to leave a game ecosystem they have invested real money (often amounts which they likely regret) to jump to a fresh game where they have no investment, that does nothing notably different or better!? Just some bland-ass copycat trend-chasing cash grab. These people really do seem completely out of touch; and then when the studio inevitably folds, they'll look around and ask for sympathy and want anyone else to blame but themselves. There are only so many GAAS that can survive at one time, and you're fighting an uphill battle against people's years-long investment of their time and money -- something this ENTIRE INDUSTRY respects less and less.
you're describing things from the viewpoint of people who actually play games. which leads me to wonder: do these 'creatives' even play games themselves? because, if they did, how would they not know this?...

SoloCamo

Never heard of the game nor studio, but now I know not to buy from them. All these studio closures and these people don't just shut the hell up. Not like I'm complaining, I'm glad I get to see who my money would be supporting, turns out I'm savings tons lately.

Shodai

I can get behind the notion of people, anyone, in a position of power should do everything they can for equity for all. I also think people have a very biased, convoluted notion of what racism is and a warped view about it's application in our systems. "The entire penal/judicial system is white supremacy" is a level of a radical level of brainwashed nonsense.

But I'm also getting fucking sick of people shitting on a having a larger roster of black people as if that's because of some made up nefarious purpose over having a majority of white people. That one is innately fine over another is gross. Instead nail the game for a questionable palate and cast that possibly looks worse than Lawbreakers.
It's the insidious intention, not the color most people get mad about I suspect. I don't give a shit what folks look like, but the moment it becomes clear you are following a diseased agenda, I'm out.

Ogbert

We live in the weirdest timeline.

Every company seems to be going out of its way to alienate its customers.

And actively employ people that despise what it stands for.

If it helps you, I hate everyone equally.🤣
Nah on a serious note, I don't hate my English bro's outside of the usual sporting rivalry. Labour have been pretty shite for us though

I'm not going to lie, I voted UKIP in the past and I'll be voting Reform this time round. They actually give a shit about Wales, Scotland and NI - but they'll never get in because these fucking idiot sheep are pre-programmed to believe you either vote one or the other. It's like we're walking around in a sea of Manchester City or Manchester United shirts and there's a few local clubs every 10 square miles.

Top Bottom