• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

☆☆☆☆☆ 2021 Official Oscar Thread ☆☆☆☆☆

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To be fair about tv ratings, has anyone attempted to reconcile overall viewership of some kind by comparing old TV ratings to the new age of people watching TV + internet feeds? Not sure that is even possible.

Like gaming. If you compare disc vs disc 10 years ago, it looks bad. But add in digital copies and present day sales might be better as a whole.

As for award shows in general (sports, music, movies), I've probably watched only a couple in my entire life. Who cares.

I've watched as a kid old Miss World pageants in the 80s and 90s more. At least you got some eye candy.

But not surprised sports and award shows have tanked. Too much politics. And there's no excuse. People are at home more. Gaming is up. Home renovations and landscaping is up. Netflix is up. Sports and award show viewership and usage should be up too. But if they've tanked, somethings wrong.

Top Bottom