• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

This is pretty fascinating as a first time experience watching this as an F1 fan. The way the safety stewards just drive around the track in pick up trucks seems insane to me

Juicy Bob

The Indy 500 is the one race I watch while being nervous for the entirety of the race.

No other race in the world makes me as stressed as this one.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
This is pretty fascinating as a first time experience watching this as an F1 fan. The way the safety stewards just drive around the track in pick up trucks seems insane to me
The safety team knows what they're doing. I'm thankful they travel to every race on the calendar.

dakun

The Indy 500 is the one race I watch while being nervous for the entirety of the race.

No other race in the world makes me as stressed as this one.

yeah this is my first time watching. I'm fascinated by the racing but i'm not sure i like the live experience.. I'm way too stressed out because of the high probability of a huge crash.

Haven't missed an F1 race since 1998 but this is my first Indy 500. Crossing everything for Fernando.

Also, is this a normal amount of ad breaks? This is insane.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't missed an F1 race since 1998 but this is my first Indy 500. Crossing everything for Fernando.

Oh yeah. Sports evolve around commercials in the States.

DBT85

The biggie from earlier
NOZdMH8.gif

And the truck very nearly getting hit.
sSu9mQ5.gif

As someone who works in live sports and does a lot of American sport, yes its normal and yes its fucking annoying.

Aiii

So not worth it

You know how American TV shows are 40 minutes?

They run for exactly an hour on American TV.

So yeah, 1/3rd of anything on American TV is advertising. That's without counting the advertising during the broadcast (or ad placement on serialized TV, of course).

Any big American sporting event.

For Indycar or Americans sports?

Yes to both. It's actually more in NASCAR. They have their first break normally after the first ten laps.

Oh yeah. Sports evolve around commercials in the States.

As someone who works in live sports and does a lot of American sport, yes its normal and yes its fucking annoying.

You know how American TV shows are 40 minutes?

They run for exactly an hour on American TV.

So yeah, 1/3rd of anything on American TV is advertising. That's without counting the advertising during the broadcast (or ad placement on serialized TV, of course).

Jesus. Thanks for the responses guys. I had no idea they were this bad for ads. I suppose if you were used to it it wouldn't feel so disruptive. I feel so spoiled in comparison. I only watch F1 and a bit of football (soccer) and there are no ads during the race/game.

Par Score

Honda's gonna Honda. Thank goodness it wasn't Alonso.

Now we just need another 60 laps of yellow, let's keep this yellow train rolling.

Top Bottom