• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

Aiii

So not worth it
The thing I hate about American driving is all the crashes. European racing is much more civilized.

fesrn.jpg

Tubie

Yes of course, perfect time to go to commercials.

I bet they break for commercials during the last 5 laps too.

well he wasn't fast but he was consistent. I remember him having a season without a DNF in the Marussia

His consistency was really good. Until he binned it when Bianchi went round the outside of him in Canada I think it was. But yeah I think he was the only person to finish every race in the season before.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Circle track is a totally different beast. going 3-4 wide into a banked turn while holding the lane or ducking down is NOT easy.

Very true. And I'm not saying crashes don't happen in European races. But, IMO, American race audiences thrive on crashes. Especially with NASCAR. And I'm from Houston btw.

DBT85

well he wasn't fast but he was consistent. I remember him having a season without a DNF in the Marussia

Easy to not crash or spin in to people when you're that far off the pace lol.

Monte Carlo is a nice color. Mine is Suzuka Blue, I was looking for a GPW with red interior, but couldn't find one that I liked.

The GPW ones do look nice. I'm mad for blue though so it was easy for me. I'm on the s2ki forum but I tend to find most of them are... less liberal than I'm used to with GAF lol.

Draconian

Chilton probably can't make it on one more stop (on the off chance there's no caution which is lolworthy at this point) right now.

Very true. And I'm not saying crashes don't happen in European races. But, IMO, American race audiences thrive on crashes. Especially with NASCAR. And I'm from Houston btw.

NASCAR is definitely 50/50 with people there for the racing or crashes. I didn't appreciate circle track until I did some time in the simulator on iRacing. Lots of puckered buttholes and white knuckles going into some of those banked turns.

DBT85

Take crashes out of this or hits out of NFL and see what happens to the viewership.

Par Score

All this militaristic shit is INSANE.

Like, as a non-American watching this, it is actually unbelievable. It's like a parody of what the rest of the world thinks of America when we're exaggerating. But it's real.

Draconian

All this militaristic shit is INSANE.

Like, as a non-American watching this, it is actually unbelievable. It's like a parody of what the rest of the world thinks of America when we're exaggerating. But it's real.

What are you talking about? The American flag going around the track before the start?

The GPW ones do look nice. I'm mad for blue though so it was easy for me. I'm on the s2ki forum but I tend to find most of them are... less liberal than I'm used to with GAF lol.

Yeah, I have an account over there but have probably less then 10 posts. I mainly just lurk from time to time.

Top Bottom