• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

People get very worked up about an internet poll.

A fucking internet poll about nothing.

I hope they add a fan boost reward as well just so everyone flipping their shit about DotD can get even more salty, let me taste your tears.
The DotD concept is a great one that can add some much needed fan involvement into the sport.

It's just that it's literally laughable in its current form. They need to make it a post-race poll again, for starters, and maybe select a shortlist of five drivers or so to choose from and then it could be actually meaningful.

SgtCobra

How surprising, not. The Verstappen obsession in the Netherlands is reaching unhealthy levels from what I've seen and heard.
You can't watch a F1 program without them mentioning his name for at least 289458 times.

Maybe there was a mass hallucination and everyone read the poll as Worst Driver of the Day instead.
Hahaha

norinrad

How surprising, not. The Verstappen obsession in the Netherlands is reaching unhealthy levels from what I've seen and heard.
You can't watch a F1 program without them mentioning his name for at least 289458 times.

Hahaha

This is no different from Dutch players playing outside of the Netherlands or a Dutch team playing another club from Europe. It's often embarrassing that the commentators behave like that. They should be forced to listen to their own nonsense. I always switch to Belgian TV or the BBC when the possibility is there. Heh.

Hasney

m1YPGEL.jpg

He's so happy to get that autograph on his shoe...

Donos

Nah they only did that one year... thank god. That was ridiculous.

Thanks. Wasn't sure since i read a "what changes 2015 > 2016" list and didn't read that they dropped it. So ol Rossberg is probably already WC.

Can't wait for the press here (germany) to build him up as the next Schumacher/ Vettel who is going to "dominate" the coming years... lost the last respect for him after this and his other salty antics.

Mohonky

Man, Ricciardo got robbed by that VSC, his comment on the radio lol. Hamilton needed that too, blew Ricciardos race and Hamiltons title chase.

Ferrari just in no mans land, their strategies, everything.

That Mercedes girl - so cute.

Line_HTX

At least the points championship isn't over yet, I believe?

Apologies, had to leave early after the start. I recorded everything though and hope that it was a great spectacle again.

Damn, people getting worked up on Max getting Driver of the Day, haha

PatjuhR

Yea, it's 80% Verstappen, but can you really blame us?

That % will go lower as time passes by. Altough we are pretty chauvinistic so it will always be high.

Zaru

I find it unlikely that we'll get as many Merc 1-2's in the last 4 races as in the previous 17 combined. Especially with Red Bulls on the prowl, technical issues likely to happen and starts being an issue.

Fisico

I find it unlikely that we'll get as many Merc 1-2's in the last 4 races as in the previous 17 combined. Especially with Red Bulls on the prowl, technical issues likely to happen and starts being an issue.

Well we had 5 1-2 in 18 races so with 4 races left yeah in term of raw numbers we can't have as many !

It's kinda surprising we got so few 1-2 finish from Mercedes this season in fact, there were 12 in last year and 11 in 2014

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Haven't voted for F1 DotD at all, but I've voted for Robin Frijns a few times for Formula-E Fan Boost. Not that it helps.

Fox Mulder

The DotD concept is a great one that can add some much needed fan involvement into the sport.

It's just that it's literally laughable in its current form. They need to make it a post-race poll again, for starters, and maybe select a shortlist of five drivers or so to choose from and then it could be actually meaningful.

It's just awful bare minimum fan interaction and a joke currently.

Mohonky

Well we had 5 1-2 in 18 races so with 4 races left yeah in term of raw numbers we can't have as many !

It's kinda surprising we got so few 1-2 finish from Mercedes this season in fact, there were 12 in last year and 11 in 2014

Well yeh, betweens Hamiltons starts and unreliability, not actually all that surprising.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This could also be a bad news for Sauber team, who leased their windtunnel to Audi
@ScarbsTech not to mention the commercial viability of the @SauberF1Team wind tunnel which has been largely occupied by Audi

DrM

Redmond's Baby
With Audi going seriously into Formula E, I can see Mercedes following the suit.
Looks like German manufacturers are very serious about hybrid/electric future, even latest car shows pointed into that direction.

Zeknurn

With Audi going seriously into Formula E, I can see Mercedes following the suit.
Looks like German manufacturers are very serious about hybrid/electric future, even latest car shows pointed into that direction.

It makes sense since Germany has banned combustion cars for 2030 and they're applying heavy pressure on EU to enforce it as well. Adapt or die.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
They block it in areas where someone has bought the rights. Here it's Eurosport and they don't even broadcast it.

I really do not know why do certain TV station bother with buying licenses for sports, if they do not want to air it.

They block it in areas where someone has bought the rights. Here it's Eurosport and they don't even broadcast it.

They showed the first round in Hong Kong live?

Eurosport are usually bad when it comes to motorsports when they are live at good times in Europe because there are usually more "important" sports on at the same time.

Shaneus

Shit, NOOOOO!

The end of an era. :(
Yeah, what in the actual fuck? So now that Audi don't have easy victories under their belt, they're abandoning the sport.

Seriously, fuck them. Never really liked them anyway, but it's bullshit for them to leave right when things were getting interesting.

Yeah, what in the actual fuck? So now that Audi don't have easy victories under their belt, they're abandoning the sport.

Seriously, fuck them. Never really liked them anyway, but it's bullshit for them to leave right when things were getting interesting.

Don't be ridiculous. This is obviously a Volskwagen Group decision.

As has already been said, it's been on the cards since the return of Porsche.

Mastah

2017 simulation data given to Pirelli, changes in comparison to the end of 2015:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...r-2017-abtrieb-top-speeds-power-11579894.html

-increase in downforce by 5-30%, 30% is predicted figure

-10, 15, 17 and 22% increase in engine power, 22% must be Honda's number

-92% is the lowest predicted top speed, but one team has it at 113% - Symonds from Williams jokes if that's true, then they all missed something

-pole positions at Barcelona, 2015 - 1:24.7, 2016 - 1:22.0, predicted 2017 times varies between 1:16.4 as chosen by 3 teams (which Mercedes think is complete fantasy), 1:17.3-1:18.5 by 5 teams and the slowest team picked 1:21.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom