• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

thefro

I think Rossi and Alonso are the two to beat early. Still a long way to go and the track starts to change as the race goes on.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alonso is 1st according to my live timing, but I'm on commercial, so I can't actually see it, argh!

USA :(

Par Score

He's in a good car that's working well, trading the lead with a teammate, well away from any big packs/accidents, he's in a good spot.

I don't know what to expect, when Alonso gets to P1, how long he can hold the place, what significance it has at this stage.

But hearing the commentators gushing over Alonso makes me sort of believe.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Why are Honda engines good here but they design pieces of shit in F1?

F1 engines are vastly more complex. They've been in Indycar for a lot longer, and supplied a lot more teams.

thefro

These are simple as fuck engines, basically what F1 ideally wants post 2020 if the suppliers aren't too bitchy about it.

I wouldn't say that. They're not pushed to the absolute limits on boost to save costs (so that the teams don't need a new engine each race).

The F1 engines couldn't run for as long as the IndyCar engines do.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thats why, no matter what, F1 is the ultimate challenge for motorsports drivers.

Not so much the challenge, but just the place where the best driver end up at one point or another, bar unforeseen sponsorship shenanigans.

Top Bottom