• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 immersive PlayStation VR2 titles arriving in 2023

I'm nobody

Just revealed: 11 immersive PlayStation VR2 titles arriving in 2023, including The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR from Supermassive Games.

More at PS Blog: Link

The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
Crossfire: Sierra Squad
The Light Brigade
Cities VR
Cosmonious High
Hello Neighbour VR
Jurassic World Aftermath
Pistol Whip
Zenith
After The Fall
Tentacular

Last edited:

tommib

RE4 VR is a must. It’s so damn good on the Quest 2.
Yeah, but Capcom is preparing something different for PSVR2. It won’t be the original RE4. They’re basing the VR content on the RE4 Remake. We have no details yet on what it is.

yurinka

Over half of these games seem nice stuff to fill catalog and address niches. These kind of games are needed, but I'd like to see more bigger games and names that could make you want to buy it, as was the case of Horizon CoM, the RE games or No Man's Sky.

Sony, give me brand new Wipeout and Motorstorm games and make them fully PSVR2 compatible but also playable on a tv. Patch most of the best and more well known PSVR1 games to make them run on PSVR2. Make GT7 fully PSVR2 compatible. Get Alyx or make the PSVR2 compatible with PC even if you don't release PC games for it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yep. All of those sound like the kinds of games one would see on a VR device.

No Horizon in the release window would be a bummer.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Just revealed: 11 immersive PlayStation VR2 titles arriving in 2023, including The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR from Supermassive Games.

The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
The Light Brigade
Cities VR
Cosmonious High
Hello Neighbour VR
Jurassic World Aftermath
Pistol Whip
Zenith
After The Fall
Tentacular

These aren't release date titles, they're all "arriving in 2023".
That Jurassic World game apparently doesn't even have anything to show, other than a drawing.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
At launch ? that's better, I thought this list of 11 was supposed to be the expected launch lineup.
There was no asterisk with a later date. They showed all the products expected to be out on that date.

I have a feeling a showcase is coming.

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure the games launching along side this headset have killed me purchasing day one.

Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yeah, but Capcom is preparing something different for PSVR2. It won’t be the original RE4. They’re basing the VR content on the RE4 Remake. We have no details yet on what it is.
That’s right, I remember. Yeah, it seemed like it would be side content.
I'm 99% sure the games launching along side this headset have killed me purchasing day one.

Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky
I think they’re all available elsewhere as well. So no need to rush to get this if you own a headset already.

XXL

Here is the actual list of launch and launch window games.

It's pretty solid imo.

Nothing has been confirmed about what are the actual launch games are though.

Horizon VR, RE8VR, RE4VR, Firewall, Walking Dead, No Mans Sky and Switchback are the ones I'm 100% in for.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I would be surprised if VR titles weren't immersive, so that adjective seems redundant.

Honestly, this still looks like an expensive toy. Hardware is good but the software is nowhere near that.

Skifi28

I could live with the hardware price, but the launch software is quite bad. Should have launched with a big banger like Alyx or something, then I would have been all in.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Has it been said if RE8 VR gameplay will be like RE4’s (full motion control), or like RE7 with a standard controller?

SilentUser

Nice, those weren't announced for PSVR2 until now, right? At least I don't remember them. Wonder what titles will be available on release day.

Romulus

I could live with the hardware price, but the launch software is quite bad. Should have launched with a big banger like Alyx or something, then I would have been all in.

Exactly my thoughts. I love the hardware, borderline hate the software lineup outside of RE8. No sim racing, flight, or mech games either. Those are all extremely immersive in VR. I'm fine with sticking with the PCVR RE8 mod for a couple of years until the PSVR2 price drops and the game library matures.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

The Light Brigade
Cities VR
Cosmonious High
Hello Neighbour VR
Jurassic World Aftermath
Pistol Whip
Zenith
After The Fall
Tentacular
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR... Only worth it...

And for that list of garbage games, do you intend to reach the public?

XXL

Has it been said if RE8 VR gameplay will be like RE4’s (full motion control), or like RE7 with a standard controller?
Full motion. Check the previews out for it. There was a round of previews about 2 months ago. It goes pretty deep into 4 games RE8 being one of them. Just check YT.

Here is one

Last edited:
One of Sony's studios needs to focus purely on making a great VR game
While i think it is just stupid to make only VR games at all, I'd rather have ALL games have some VR support and some better suited ones more, but since this seems again their approach they need at least 3 of their AAA studios to work on games so that they can release at least one"real" game per year assuming 3 years of dev time and some AC or cod like cycle. Capcom seems to be the only company willing to do something with their actual IPs. That's something but also not much.

Calverz

RE4 VR is a must. It’s so damn good on the Quest 2. Every PSVR2 owner needs to buy it.
Re4 vr is a quest exclusive as will San Andreas vr. Both are being made by armature which is owned by meta. I can’t see either coming to psvr 2. Never know though. Capcom is preparing re4 remake vr content. At the minute we have no idea if this is a just simply a mode or episode, or whether the full game is playable in vr.

Top Bottom