• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1GB MS Duo - $95 shipped @ Dell

Rhindle

Jagernaut said:
Are there some 15% off coupons floating around? How did you save 15%?
Dell corporate discount.

It will be interesting to see how many of these orders actually get filled ....

Pellham

Banned
Dude, tax will be betwen 5-9 dollars. Well, whatever, but you'll be waitng awhile for those 2 giggers to drop in price.

Right, and the total discount is $23. $9 (tax)+5.50 (shipping) is more than half of that. :p So what's the point in waiting 1-2 weeks to save $10?

And I don't even have a PSP right now (can't afford it), I'll be waiting for quite a while anyway. :)

Corporate employee discount for the company I work for.

Wow that's more than the employee discount I get for working for Dell. :(

pwn3d

Ordered earlier today, thanks for posting this! Mine ships the 22nd but I don't have a problem waiting if it saves me money.

john tv

Just ordered one too. Thanks for the heads-up! I'm in no rush so I don't mind waiting a few weeks. Just glad I don't have to pay $220 (the going price in Japan). ;p

Ordered! Hellz yeah! Makes me kinda regret the 80 bones i spent on my 512 card. ah well, itll hold me off till this 1 gig comes.

robot

ZipZoomFly just sent me an emailing saying their 1gb sticks are back in stock.

Original Price: around $70
New Price: $174

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SonnyBoy

robot said:
ZipZoomFly just sent me an emailing saying their 1gb sticks are back in stock.

Original Price: around $70
New Price: $174

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wow, so you have to pay $174 unless you cancel your order? Crazy.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Aoi, much thanks. I was just lamenting about waiting to purchase my memory stick when this popped up. Put my order in and don't mind waiting.

Pellham said:
Right, and the total discount is $23. $9 (tax)+5.50 (shipping) is more than half of that. :p So what's the point in waiting 1-2 weeks to save $10?
Because Sony and Sandisk 1GB sticks are sold out everywhere else and they're usually priced a lot more than Dell's original price of $118.99.

Scoobert

I was right about the whole shipping thing, or atleast my suspicions. You shouldn't be charged shipping, the site has a little bug. It's not giving free shipping on items that are 20% off, which the Memory Stick is a part of. So if you placed your order all ready, give them a call, or email, or whatever and you'll be credited the $5.50.

If anyone is planning on ordering the best thing to do is order by phone, you won't have any problems. And if you do plan on ordering online, you can't get the shipping credit back until the item ships.

newsguy

It's not showing anymore, and when I called they couldn't find the part # anymore :(

Edit: Currently holding to speak to a supervisor about getting the deal. PRO DUO get! If any of you want to buy at this price I would call right now because I almost didn't get it and they literally took it off of the site minutes ago.

Skin

newsguy said:
It's not showing anymore, and when I called they couldn't find the part # anymore :(

Edit: Currently holding to speak to a supervisor about getting the deal. PRO DUO get! If any of you want to buy at this price I would call right now because I almost didn't get it and they literally took it off of the site minutes ago.

What exactly did you say as I was planning to order TWO today. :(

aoi tsuki

CALL THEM! 1-800-917-DELL

i had the item in my cart, and in my saved items folder a few hours ago. When i got back, they were in neither. i just called them and the woman on the phone (Sherry) took my order and didn't charge shipping, unlike the on the site. It's expected ship on or before April 25th.

Again, here's the numbers for the stick:

Manufacturer Part# MSXM1GS
Dell Part# A0466794

The manufacturer part number is the number she used to find it, since she couldn't locate it by the Dell part number.

Sucks (for me) that i'm getting the card for someone else. Hopefully the 2GB sticks release soon to drive the mean prices of 1GB sticks down a bit more, at which point i'll definitely pick one up.

aoi tsuki said:
Hopefully the 2GB sticks release soon to drive the mean prices of 1GB sticks down a bit more, at which point i'll definitely pick one up.
2GB pro duo sticks are out aren't they?... They're just WAY too expensive.

Sho Nuff

Banned
The fact that we have to jump through hoops to get something as simple as a fucking 1GB chunk of silicon does not bode well for the "Walkman of the 21st Century" hoo-hah.

BTW, I actually managed to compress this week's LOST into a 130mb file at optimal QB4 settings. WTF?

It's out!
ms_section.jpg

explodet

Sho Nuff said:
The fact that we have to jump through hoops to get something as simple as a fucking 1GB chunk of silicon does not bode well for the "Walkman of the 21st Century" hoo-hah.
Did we had to do this sort of thing with recordable cassette tapes with the early days of the Walkman? I don't remember.

Sho Nuff

Banned
explodet said:
Did we had to do this sort of thing with recordable cassette tapes with the early days of the Walkman? I don't remember.

Naw, I had craploads of prerecorded tapes back then.

Lee-T

Write them an e-mail to get the free shipping for those that got charged. Some people are reporting that they will change your order and waive the shipping fee. The lady that wrote me said it was supposed to be free shipping and once it ships I need to contact them and they will refund the shipping fee. Guess it just depends who you speak to with how they waive it. I think everyones says ships the 22nd, but I was told it was expected then but could ship earlier.

Ironclad

Wario64 said:
I know there's stupid people out there, but Ebay needs to find a way to ban those type of auctions. But hey, I guess we should take advantage of stupid people while we can :lol
Yeah, really, but what shocks me the most is that the auction ended higher than the freaking MS itself. Were those bidders really that desperate for info on the MS? Why didn't they just hit google? I guess the answer to all of these questions is that these people are extremely stupid, but the mind still boggles.

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Yeah, really, but what shocks me the most is that the auction ended higher than the freaking MS itself. Were those bidders really that desperate for info on the MS? Why didn't they just hit google? I guess the answer to all of these questions is that these people are extremely stupid, but the mind still boggles.

No one was bidding for information. I guarantee the "winner" is some ten year old kid with mommy's credit card who thought he was bidding on the stick itself.

Top Bottom