• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1GB MS Duo - $95 shipped @ Dell

aww jeah, mwave shipped my order today!

mwave_shipped.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I tried Aoki's method, and it failed BUT the Dell rep was very, very curious to know what the card was for. Obviouslky they screwed up somewhere - he said it was a limited time special offer, I reckon Dell meant to sell half gig cards and simpy honored the first batch before they realized what was going on.

When I said it was for PSP he acted like I'd just confirmed his suspicion.

Stinkles said:
I reckon Dell meant to sell half gig cards and simpy honored the first batch before they realized what was going on.

Might be true but i don't think so. You can pick up the Sony 512 Pro Duo for ~$65 pretty consistantly now. Without the 20% coupon the price would have been in the $130 range.

Scratch that, looking back through this thread it looks like the MSRP for the gig stick is $135. Heh with a nice deal this thing should be available in the $85 range by summertime when supplies come up.

satterfield said:
Uh oh. Just checked my order status and it says it's on backorder and they'll try to ship as soon as possible. :(

Umm it has always said that, since the deal first came out. I ordered it the 7th and the status was always "Backordered shipping April 22nd," but it looks like it will probably be delayed beyond that =/

Scoobert said:
Every store is getting new shipments on the 21st and 25th.

Yeah I was thinking TheEnd's "May 21st" date was a typo on Amazon's part. Good to know that we should all be getting our shipments next week. :)

satterfield

BIGTIME TV MOGUL
Yeah, this wait is killing me. I just bought the first two seasons of Ren & Stimpy on DVD, which is perfect for PSP viewing.

The End

FallenOne666 said:
Yeah I was thinking TheEnd's "May 21st" date was a typo on Amazon's part. Good to know that we should all be getting our shipments next week. :)

That's what it says on my "orders waiting to ship page".

If, in fact, they're going to get resupplied next week, all the more awesome.

Well if what Scoobert says is true and Dell is getting a shipment today and monday. Then those with the date 4/29 will probably get theirs from Monday's shipment.

Quick someone call Dell and find out the scoop. I'm at work so I can't call until later tonight. =/

Scoobert

FallenOne666 said:
Well if what Scoobert says is true and Dell is getting a shipment today and monday. Then those with the date 4/29 will probably get theirs from Monday's shipment.

Shipments are being sent out this week. Depends really where a stores warehouse is. I have no idea where Dell ships there items from.

Joeholley

Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order xxxxxxxx and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 05-17-2005.

grrrrrrr...

Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order xxxxxxxxx and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 04-29-2005.

I pray it does not get delayed again...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Same here:

Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order xxxxxxxxx and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 04-29-2005.

To all the people who are getting a May shipping date, what time did you order it (check the email confirmation for the time)? I'm curious to see the time gap that separates us...

Mine was at 7:20pm on April 7th.

I just got the delay was well. This is starting to sound like a real clusterfuck.

By the time they ship it the 2GB are gonna be 100$.

Yusaku

Mine still says 2/25, but I guess not for long. Jesus Christ Sony, why did you fucking cocktease us with the potential of the PSP, then not make any 1GB sticks available?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Shit. Mine was bumped to 5/17. Time to cancel! Who is currently shipping 1GB cards at a reasonable price?

SonnyBoy

The people who should be receiving their memory on the 25th, would you be kind enough to let us know/gloat if you receive you're sticks. If you guys get pushed back then I believe those of us on the 29th can expect a similiar fate.

Miguel

FYI

Numerous Fry's Electronics across the country currently have anywhere from 10-50 1GB Pro Duo's in stock. I have been checking inventory for every store the past month pretty much, and finally yesterday I finally saw something other than 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.

Anyway, I'm sure they will be out pretty soon, so, get them while you can. :)

SonnyBoy

Miguel said:
FYI

Numerous Fry's Electronics across the country currently have anywhere from 10-50 1GB Pro Duo's in stock. I have been checking inventory for every store the past month pretty much, and finally yesterday I finally saw something other than 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.

Anyway, I'm sure they will be out pretty soon, so, get them while you can. :)

I see that they have the 512MB Sony cards for $55. Thats not too bad considering that they 256MB card goes for $65 at Toys'R'Us. I may get this to hold me off till Dell ships my 1GB. :)

pwn3d

Joeholley said:
Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order xxxxxxxx and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 05-17-2005.

grrrrrrr...

Goddamn, I got this email today too... I'd just order from somewhere else if I could find a site that was shipping these for a decent price.

Well it seems like a lot of the people who were pushed to April 25th are now being pushed to May 2nd. More delays across the board are likely.

April 29thers am cry. =/

satterfield

BIGTIME TV MOGUL
My date is still at 4/29. If they change it again, I'm going to be so pissed. I mean, exactly what are the legal parameters of bait and switch? How can you offer a product at a low price and then just keep putting it on backorder? That doesn't seem right/legal to me. Not that I've run into any others, honestly. Well, other than the Mwave sale, which is making me highly jealous. I seriously can't believe that both Sandisk and Sony under-anticipated demand for these things so badly.

akihara

FYI

Anyway, I'm sure they will be out pretty soon, so, get them while you can.

Any idea if this includes the Seattle/Renton, WA store?

maynerd

Banned
akihara said:
Any idea if this includes the Seattle/Renton, WA store?

I called them on saturday morning and they were sold out.

My dell shipment just got delayed from shipping on or before 04/25 to on or before 05/02.

bastards!

Top Bottom