• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1GB MS Duo - $95 shipped @ Dell

satterfield said:
My date is still at 4/29. If they change it again, I'm going to be so pissed. I mean, exactly what are the legal parameters of bait and switch? How can you offer a product at a low price and then just keep putting it on backorder? That doesn't seem right/legal to me. Not that I've run into any others, honestly. Well, other than the Mwave sale, which is making me highly jealous. I seriously can't believe that both Sandisk and Sony under-anticipated demand for these things so badly.

Lol legal action, that was good for a laugh. You yourself said that no other store/retailer is offering them so that just proves how scarce they are. I'm not defending Sony (quite frankly i think they're f*cking retarded w/ how they're handling memory sticks) but once they get production ramped out they'll not only be plenty to go around but i'm sure we'll see the price go down even a little more.

Scoobert

I forgot something, these are new MS' from Sony. Everyone is here blaming Dell, but I think Sony hasn't shipped these new MS' to retailers yet. Start blaming Sony on the delays.

satterfield said:
My date is still at 4/29. If they change it again, I'm going to be so pissed. I mean, exactly what are the legal parameters of bait and switch? How can you offer a product at a low price and then just keep putting it on backorder? That doesn't seem right/legal to me. Not that I've run into any others, honestly. Well, other than the Mwave sale, which is making me highly jealous. I seriously can't believe that both Sandisk and Sony under-anticipated demand for these things so badly.
and imagine that almost half the launch units didnt even sell...
:lol :lol :lol

good thing i got mine from mwave!

got-my-duo_03.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Scoobert said:
I forgot something, these are new MS' from Sony. Everyone is here blaming Dell, but I think Sony hasn't shipped these new MS' to retailers yet. Start blaming Sony on the delays.

Uh no you blame the retailer for putting an item on sale before they have the item INSTOCK to sell.

DarienA said:
Uh no you blame the retailer for putting an item on sale before they have the item INSTOCK to sell.

Agreed.

The Faceless Master said:
good thing i got mine from mwave!

The almost 40 dollar price difference makes me rather wait, pray, and sacrifice baby lambs to my idol. :) (as my soul slowly dies =/)

Scoobert

DarienA said:

So when you pre-order a game and it gets delayed do you blame EBgames, etc? Dell isn't the only site who was/is taking orders for the new MS.

Yusaku

Fuck Dell for waiting until today to email me the delay of my order, when it was clear they've known for awhile that they wouldn't have her. Do you hear me Sony, SanDisk, and retailers. I have money and I want to spend it on a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo. Help a consumer out.

Yusaku said:
Fuck Dell for waiting until today to email me the delay of my order, when it was clear they've known for awhile that they wouldn't have her. Do you hear me Sony, SanDisk, and retailers. I have money and I want to spend it on a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo. Help a consumer out.

Was your shipping date always the 25th? And you got pushed back to the 2nd?

FallenOne666 said:
The almost 40 dollar price difference makes me rather wait, pray, and sacrifice baby lambs to my idol. :) (as my soul slowly dies =/)
at $35 more, it's $3.50 a day so far!!@

and i encoded the whole season 1 of JLU .. MUAHAHA

The Faceless Master said:
at $35 more, it's $3.50 a day so far!!@

and i encoded the whole season 1 of JLU .. MUAHAHA

Thanks i didn't comprehend it the first 11x you posted that you bought a 1GB stick but i finally get it now :lol.

maynerd

Banned
If they cancel my order that'll piss me off big time. I've passed on purchasing other sticks that became available. Unacceptable.

Yusaku

I was April 25th and I was pushed back to May 17th! Right now I"m assuming any date given by Dell is 100% random and bullshit.

I've only been getting pushed back one week at a time. I imagine, they are getting them in but such a small amount. I'm going to call tonight and find out once and for all.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I have lost my trust in Dell.

5-06-2005 now, it's literally slipping back week by week. To make matters better, I got the message "If you do not contact us by 7:00pm Central Standard Time on 04-29-2005, your order will automatically be cancelled." Best of all, you CAN'T GIVE THEM CONSENT THROUGH A WEB PAGE, you have to send an actual email to another address or call their 800 number.

HEY DELL FUCK YOU

Sho Nuff

Banned
SonnyBoy said:
This is really getting irritating. I wish they'd just be honest and stop getting my hopes up.

Really. If it's going to ship in July, just fucking come out and SAY it. Don't string me along week by week. Twats.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
CompUSA in NYC (bronx) got some 1GB duos in stock... that means maybe some other places will be too?

Sho Nuff

Banned
I would put on my pair of pink breakdancing sweatpants and beat up a thousand street thugs in the darkest corners of the Bronx just to buy a 1GB memory stick from the evil Mr. Big.

SonnyBoy

Ill probally end up buying one from a local store and just get the Dell whenever it arrives. I'll just have to have two.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
GDJustin said:
CompUSA in NYC (bronx) got some 1GB duos in stock... that means maybe some other places will be too?

How much do they cost?
I have to call Dell because they delay my shit, fuck that.

I've only gotten one email so far; Delayed until Monday, May 2nd. But it's weird that I can't check my order status. Anybody else tried?

Scoobert

Ah, screw Dell! But guess what? I got some good news. Well, I have GREAT news!! The Sandisk 1GB MS' just received a price drop! They can be had for $100 with ease. Yes, that includes the normal Pro Duo's and the "gaming" Pro Duo's.

Like I said, screw Dell and find yourself a Sandisk 1GB. Good news, yes? :D

Rhindle

Scoobert said:
Ah, screw Dell! But guess what? I got some good news. Well, I have GREAT news!! The Sandisk 1GB MS' just received a price drop! They can be had for $100 with ease. Yes, that includes the normal Pro Duo's and the "gaming" Pro Duo's.
What?? Where?

Scoobert

Are you a consumer? Yes? Then why complain about lower prices? Go with it.

A couple sites are all ready showing the lowered price on the MS'. Give it a couple days and I guarantee you'll see more sites with the price change. BTW, the biggest site with the updated price would probably be Buy.com. Although they only lowered the "gaming" ones for now.

Either way, $100 for a 1GB Pro Duo is no longer a great deal. It's normal price, yay! :D

Just got my second delay email from Dell.

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order ********* and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 05-09-2005.
Please be aware that due to Federal Trade Commission rules, we must have your consent to continue with the order despite the delay.

· If you do not contact us by 7:00pm Central Standard Time on 05-02-2005, your order will automatically be cancelled.

Anyone know if the Sandisk price is in store as well? If it's true that they just officially went down in price, then I'm totally letting this shit get cancelled and picking up a Sandisk stick at work with my discount.

Fuck Dell.

Well it's all over. I'm off the emotional rollercoaster, no more games.

Dell actually called me to confirm I still wanted it even though it's May 6th now, so I said 'nah' and the word were barely out of my mouth and she said 'OK!' and hung up.

She seemed happy.

Yusaku

From JR.com:

Dear Valued Customer,

Recently, you submitted a “stock alert” requesting to be notified when we have the item(s) below back in stock.
We are sorry to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable provide you with this information.
At the current time, we are unable to obtain sufficient information from the manufacturer as to when or if we will be receiving another shipment.

I wonder if I'll ever get a fucking 1GB stick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I got the delay letter as well, this is what I said back though:

I offer my consent but this is bullshit. I have other friends that have already received their's meanwhile you keep pushing mine off. I am going on a trip the fifteenth of May and wanted the memory stick especially for this, doesn't seem like I will ever get it at this rate.

Though I have bought computers from Dell and my brother and father have also purchased laptops through your site, I will be sure to steer all acquaintances clear of your site/service.

-Wellington

:lol :lol :lol

Jagernaut

Sho Nuff said:
I have lost my trust in Dell.

5-06-2005 now, it's literally slipping back week by week. To make matters better, I got the message "If you do not contact us by 7:00pm Central Standard Time on 04-29-2005, your order will automatically be cancelled." Best of all, you CAN'T GIVE THEM CONSENT THROUGH A WEB PAGE, you have to send an actual email to another address or call their 800 number.

HEY DELL FUCK YOU

What's the big deal? It took 30 seconds for me to reply to the email they sent me, telling them i consent. No need to call them or send an email to another address, just hit reply.

akihara said:
...and they are in stock at some Fry's stores as well. Just picked up one this morning at the Renton/Seattle Fry's. $130, but I will keep an eye out if they drop the price as stated above and do a pricematch. Call first and get them to hold it for you!
thanks for the heads up, i got the last one :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hey, PC Connection had a 1gb stick for $113 last week (probably still good). It claimed to be on backorder, but the order I placed on Tuesday arrived at my door on Thursday at 9am.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order XXX and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 06-15-2005.
Please be aware that due to Federal Trade Commission rules, we must have your consent to continue with the order despite the delay.

Note that we are total fucking twats and love the cock"

My reply:

"HI THERE HAPPY DELL PEOPLE!

You keep asking me if I want to cancel my order. WELL, GUESS WHAT, I DON'T, PLEASE CONTINUE TO KEEP MY ORDER ALIVE! My order number is XXX, and I assure you that I will HAPPILY WAIT FOREVER UNTIL YOU SHIP THIS ITEM, and will subsequently never order anything from Dell again, lest I have to put up with your unbelievable +2 month delays. Please forward my rage on to your supervisor, or whoever thinks it's fun to sell items that will be knowingly backordered for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Sincerely,

Sho Nuff, Esq"

draven

Sho Nuff said:
"We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order XXX and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 06-15-2005.

Note that we are total fucking twats and love the cock"

My reply:

"HI THERE HAPPY DELL PEOPLE!

You keep asking me if I want to cancel my order. WELL, GUESS WHAT, I DON'T, PLEASE CONTINUE TO KEEP MY ORDER ALIVE! My order number is XXX, and I assure you that I will HAPPILY WAIT FOREVER UNTIL YOU SHIP THIS ITEM, and will subsequently never order anything from Dell again, lest I have to put up with your unbelievable +2 month delays. Please forward my rage on to your supervisor, or whoever thinks it's fun to sell items that will be knowingly backordered for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Sincerely,

Sho Nuff, Esq"

Yeah, I was frustrated too when I got the e-mail, but it does seem like a supplier delay across the board. No worries, though. If you haven't done so yet, complain until they offer free next day shipping, and if you already have that (like I do) talk them into offering a concession coupon for your next purchase. I ended up getting 35 dollars that I'll be putting towards a laptop in two months.

Top Bottom