• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1GB MS Duo - $95 shipped @ Dell

Sho Nuff

Banned
Japan update!

All MS pro duos are out of stock everywhere. Again. The retailer I talked to was like "I have no idea when we're getting more. I could have sold hundreds of these during Golden Week, but there's simply no stock anywhere."

CONGRATULATION SONY

The cheapest I can find them for is $150 and In-stock w/ 15 dollars ground shipping. Too rich for my blood =/

All Dell orders were pushed back to early-June :lol :lol :lol

Sho Nuff

Banned
Kobun Heat said:

This is like, your mom makes the most awesome cookies in the universe, and you're going to sell them at the church picnic. You have more than enough cookies and everyone is like "Shit! These cookies rock! Now how about some milk? I'll pay you a HUGE fucking premium for a glass!" All you have is a half-gallon of milk. +300 thirsty people, and all the stores are closed until next week. Good job!

Sho Nuff

Banned
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order XXXXXXXX and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 07-29-2005.
Please be aware that due to Federal Trade Commission rules, we must have your consent to continue with the order despite the delay.

My reply:

HI DELL PEOPLE!!!!

My order number is xxxxxxxxxx. DO NOT CANCEL MY ORDER, I WANT TO CONTINUE MY ORDER!

...AND BOY LET ME TELL YOU WHAT, I'M SURE GLAD YOU'VE KEPT MY PURCHASE ON BACKORDER FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS!!! My dad always used to tell me that "The anticipation of getting something can be more fun than actually having it," and BOY IS IT TRUE!!! Gosh, if you keep me waiting any longer I MIGHT JUST DIE OF EXCITEMENT!!!

Your fine on-time shipping has made me want to order ALL my computer equipment by Dell!!! I'd love to order that Dell Dimension tomorrow and get it sometime by next Christmas, BUT ONLY IF YOU THINK YOU CAN SWING IT!

GOLLY I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THE PROMPT SHIPPING QUALITY DELL SERVICE!

So again, please don't cancel my order; you have my assurance I will not inconvenience you with any future purchases as I will be happily looking elsewhere.

Signed,

Sho Nuff

blackwind

Will NOT use his faux signature to promote random shit
I can not belive it only goes up to 2GB! and it's so expensive!

after owning and iPod and plent of other hard drive based systems 2GB seems like absolutely nothing.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
They canceled my order after I called them twice and explicitly told them not to. I called them up and complained and they gave me a $40 coupon to use online. I used it to get a PSP game for free (yes, Dell sells a few PSP games) and later I bought the mem stick for $99 online at that photo place that was selling them. Dell gave me free 1-2 day shipping on my free PSP game too.

john tv

I got the same mail. July 29 now. I told them I'll never be ordering anything from them again once this order is complete. I'm eager to see what their response will be.

john tv

Dell Guy said:
Thank you for your response. We will proceed with your order and try to get it to you as soon as possible
We do apologize for the delay in your order
Dell Notification Team

Just got that. Pretty fast response.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Thank you for your response and patience. Your consent has been logged.
Dell will ship your order as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Jeff
Dell Notification Department

Scoobert

You guys are still trying to get this MS from Dell? :lol

Don't blame Dell for this one, looks like Sony decided to cancel this Memory Stick. No retailer has a shipping date from Sony.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
What the hell man. I told them to not proceed with the order for the sticks beause it was taking to long about a month ago and I got them at that online photo place within 3-4 days shipped. And for some reason they still sent me an email today asking for permission to go ahead with the delay?..

The End

Scoobert said:
You guys are still trying to get this MS from Dell? :lol

Don't blame Dell for this one, looks like Sony decided to cancel this Memory Stick. No retailer has a shipping date from Sony.

Yeah, my amazon order has been on hold for nearly two months.

I finally canceled it.

damn, it's a good thing i got mine from mwave back in the middle of april...

didnt a few people claim to get sticks from dell though?

i still want to find someone with a 1GB Sony to compare sizes...

my sandisk
got-my-duo_04.jpg

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
robot said:
guess what was sitting on my doorstep today - my dell memory stick!

did anyone else get thiers?

yeah i just got mine yesterday, weird i thought it had been canceled

robot

Wario64 said:
wtf, why didn't you just pay $5 more for a 1 gb stick at that bhphotovideo place?

I refused to cancel that order after all the bs thats happened - i was expecting it to get delayed forever.

maynerd

Banned
Interesting, I never "canceled" my order but they said it would be. I have since moved. I hope someone isn't enjoying my memory stick at my expense!

Starfire

Just ordered a 1GB Pro Duo for $79.99 (89 with shipping) from erwincomputers.com, never ordered from them before though, and their return policy seems a little wonky.

Last time I checked Outpost the sale was over (cry), but the $10 rebate is still there.

Top Bottom