• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up.com NBA Live 06 impressions (Happy Wellington?!)

DMczaf

http://1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3142046&did=1

Another new feature in NBA Live 2006 is the ability to play the All-Star Weekend game modes online. You can now challenge players all over the world to beat you in the rim rockin' slam dunk contest, the 3 point shooting showdown, and the rookie game.

As far as gameplay tweaks go, Live fans will be happy to note that there have been multiple changes made to the core game. Ball movement and the mid-ranged game will be the focus offensively, as defenders are much faster to close in on the ball than in last year's version. Also fixed from last year is the inorganic feel of the fast break, the pro-hop can now go left and right as opposed to just straight ahead, and the three point shot has been significantly toned-down.

And I'm holding Wellington to this statement!

Wellington said:
NBA Live 06 is the best EA Sports game this year

bionic77

Wellington said:
:0

I stick by it! I hated the game last year but it felt a whole hell of a lot better.
Have they improved the physics and animation? The player and ball physics always felt wrong to me in Live.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
EA came back to me later and told me that Wellington gave their Madden and NCAA guys a GRILLING in our video interviews yesterday. :lol

We'll post those next week.

DMczaf

chespace said:
EA came back to me later and told me that Wellington gave their Madden and NCAA guys a GRILLING in our video interviews yesterday. :lol

We'll post those next week.

:lol I heard from FrenchMovieTheme who was told by Wellie. That is AWESOME.

"Theres no NCAA dynasty glitch!! Show me!!....WTF?!"

Fifty

Wellington said:
:0

I stick by it! I hated the game last year but it felt a whole hell of a lot better.

You must mean the most improved. No way in hell the Wellington I know enjoys Live more than Madden.....although you could just mean the most polished EA Sports game, and not the most fun for you personally ;p

Top Bottom