• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Top Fast Food Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

slit

Another thing I noticed about this survey is they gave McDonald's the no 2 spot for fish over Captain D's......nonsense. Hell, even Burger King has a better fish sandwich than Mcdonald's Fillet o Fish Crap.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
XiaNaphryz said:
And depending on the area, people can give multiple local places that do things a lot better. For example, Chipotle - those of us in California can likely give you a dozen or more recommendations easily of places that make better burritos, some of them being other local fast food chains or food trucks even.
it just seems like to most americans the definition of high cuisine is something like "Chili's" or "Apple-Bees." it's probably because i'm French that it seems so odd to me ... i'm sure it is perfectly normal for many other people here in the US

Hasphat'sAnts said:
WedOx.jpg

uhP9z.gif

Poyunch

I've been to Red Robin a couple of times. Terrific restaurant and endless fries is terrific. I'd go to the chain monthly if there were a closer one to my place.

Acid08

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I've been to Red Robin a couple of times. Terrific restaurant and endless fries is terrific. I'd go to the chain monthly if there were a closer one to my place.
Yeah Red Robin isn't bad. Much better than Applebees and such.

desa

Knew In and Out would make the list somewhere. West Siiiiiiiiiide!

Double Double Animal style, fries, pink lemonade, and a vanilla shake please. Now I want to go hit up the drive through. Good thing they close at 1 am.

overcast

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Chipotle, Panera, In-N-Out, and Chick-Fil-A all get a seal of approval from me.
I agree with this statement. (Chipotle is a bit overrated though).

Also In-N-Out is better than Five Guys. Though Five Guys is solid.

way more

The problem with Five-Guys is that the two pizza places nearby make better burgers in the same amount of time.

I've checked the lists and realized I don't eat at any of those places. Funny, most of those places are in a 3-5 mile radius of home too.

Aw yea Wendy's=god tier.
Seriously though, the more I go to McDonalds, (which isn't that often anyway) the more I realize how bad it is.

Wendy's new fries suck though.

As for McDonald's their angus burgers are fucking good. Their mushroom swiss angus burger is godly.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
hemtae said:
Five Guys beats In-N-Out

Take that West Coasters

EDIT: On the other hand KFC beat Popeyes

Hell no.

And I'd actually rank those top two also, funny enough.

Damn I could use some chick-fil-a right now.

Honestly, all this chicken talk is giving me huge cravings for Pioneer Chicken.

Not sure how big of a chain it is (def. not big enough to make it on that survey) but there are a few of them here in LA.

Everything from there is delicious. The crispy flavorful chicken, the sides, the big fluffy biscuits. OH GOD MY STOMACH!

I loves me some Chik-fil-a, Popeyes, KFC, etc. but nothing will ever top Pioneer in taste for me.

Gotta also give a nod to a small mall chain called Chicken Now. Amazing hand breaded fried chicken and their spicy dipping sauce is one of the best I've had. Soo good.

The results of this poll means nothing because unless the East-coasters have visited the West, they've never had In-n-Out, so they've never had the best fast-food burger.

way more

superpickleman said:
I loves me some Chik-fil-a, Popeyes, KFC, etc. but nothing will ever top Pioneer in taste for me.

Gotta also give a nod to a small mall chain called Chicken Now. Amazing hand breaded fried chicken and their spicy dipping sauce is one of the best I've had. Soo good.

Chicken now is like taking whatever Chick-fil-A serves and doubling the size. So yes, they are pretty damn good.

For all those people without a Five-Guys, they are just like a basic Whataburger (or Lotoburger) except they don't toast the bun. Fuck burger places that serve plastic american cheese on their cheesburgers.

Jenga said:
kfc = best sides
popeye's = best chicken
church's = best biscuit

ultimate fast food chicken meal would be a culmination of all listed

Fuckin truth.

KFC's Mac and Cheese and Gravy is the crack.
Popeye's and KFC for chicken is the tossup because it just depends on which one you go to.
Church's biscuits are on another level entirely.

After reading the poll results I agree with most of it.

McD's has THE best $1 menu in the business today. Would be better if they just put the Double Cheeseburger back even though McDoubles are my life blood. $2 McGangBangs all day.

McD's and 5 Guys are a toss up for best fries. If you can catch some fresh fries from McD's then yes. Penn Station has THE best fries though.

McD's doesn't have anywhere the top 5 in breakfast sandwiches. Wendy's murders them easily in that category. If you can find a damn Wendy's that actually serves breakfast.

And Cheesecke Factory just murdering shit on the Full Service list. Best in the game. And best Strawberry Lemonade period.

ReXXXSoprano said:
Fuckin truth

Not really. KFC's mashed potatoes and gravy tastes like slurried cardboard compared to Popeyes'. In fact, Popeyes' mashed potatoes and gravy might be my favorite side in all of fast food.

Glad to see Culver's get a nod. Best fast food burger I've seen. Steak n' Shake is close, but I don't like leaf lettuce on a burger.

etiolate

Banned
Five Guys was majorly disappointing. Who the fuck would prefer that? You're getting a Burger King quality burger and paying twice as much. It's sloppy and greasy as fuck.

etiolate said:
Five Guys was majorly disappointing. Who the fuck would prefer that? You're getting a Burger King quality burger and paying twice as much. It's sloppy and greasy as fuck.

I've never had Five Guys (though they randomly opened one in my town.) Do they have Burger King's microwaved buns and HotMayo™?

acheron_xl said:
Not really. KFC's mashed potatoes and gravy tastes like slurried cardboard compared to Popeyes'. In fact, Popeyes' mashed potatoes and gravy might be my favorite side in all of fast food.

And I do agree. KFC has a whole lot of sides and I just love the selection. Popeye's are murdering them with their Mashed Potatoes and Red Beans and Rice but I still stand on KFC's Mac and Cheese is that crack. That could be the best side in all of Fast Food. And damn do I wish they still had the Oreo Brownie.

etiolate

Banned
acheron_xl said:
I've never had Five Guys (though they randomly opened one in my town.) Do they have Burger King's microwaved buns and HotMayo™?

I don't think Five Guys microwaves. It's just really sloppy and feels cheap, everything from the burger patties to the buns. It looks sort of like a homeless guy made it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If I want some chicken fingers I actually prefer Cane's to KFC or Popeye's.

etiolate

Banned
Also, how the hell did Cheesecake Factory win best value in full service? They're horribly expensive for microwaved food.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Most of you guys have probably never been to, or heard of Cook-Out. I'll just say you guys are missing out.

This is the menu.

cookout_burger_restaurant_menu-1.jpg
]

And it's all delicious.

Bad_Boy said:
Most of you guys have probably never been to, or heard of Cook-Out. I'll just say you guys are missing out.

This is the menu.

cookout_burger_restaurant_menu-1.jpg
]

And it's all delicious.

Two things get my immediate attention:

"Open late"

"Cheerwine"

Sounds like my kind of place.

Shorty

Banned
The variety and number of American fast food chains seems so staggering :D

I have seen McDonald's, Burger King and lately Subway + KFC. Never heard of the rest.

Vaux

etiolate said:
I don't think Five Guys microwaves. It's just really sloppy and feels cheap, everything from the burger patties to the buns. It looks sort of like a homeless guy made it.
Completely agree, ive made burgers at home that are almost the same as five guys.

DOO13ER said:
Is Whataburger a local thing?

Because as far as fast food burgers go, they're the best.

The Patty Melt is by far one of the best burgers ive tried, im always stuffed after finishing their combo and thats not even getting it whatasized.
I still haven't tried the new Green Chile Double burger yet.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
agree that mcdonald's and chik-fil-a are on another level. mcdonald's is so advanced that when they do something that seems crazy i don't even question it anymore because it inevitably is warmed to by the public and becomes a huge success. i cannot explain that big mac snack wrap, but people seem to love it, god help me.

i prefer penn station to any of the burger places mentioned, or subway (deluxe sub joint, quizno's-esque i suppose)

It's a shame Raising Canes isn't in more places. Because oh my god I wish I could express truly how delicious this box is:

(And if you hate cole slaw like I do you can get more toast)

raising-canes-box-lg.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
acheron_xl said:
Two things get my immediate attention:

"Open late"

"Cheerwine"

Sounds like my kind of place.
you should try a cheerwine float, one of my favorites.

JGS

Banned
ph33nix said:
It's a shame Raising Canes isn't in more places. Because oh my god I wish I could express truly how delicious this box is:

raising-canes-box-lg.jpg
They are great but I get burned out on them since they have one variety of tender and sauce.

They are in very few places. I just learned that although Lexington has 3 of them, there's none in Louisville or Cincy. The next closest one is in Columbus. They need to get those franchises growing.

Kaizer

Banned
I can't help but love Chik-Fil-A, I was practically raised on it in all my four years of high school since they were a major sponsor for us down here in GA. Chicken Biscuits for a buck right in the main lobby every morning = crack.

ph33nix said:

raising-canes-box-lg.jpg

Wayyyyy overpriced for some chicken tenders.

And for value, two $1.30 burritos at Taco Bell should fill up a large person.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, I'd have ranked Wendy's number one as well. Best salads, they've got chilli, a strong hamburger lineup, awesome spicy chicken sandwich and their Kids Meals actually come with toys and not little injection-molded action figures.

Woody Invincible said:
Wayyyyy overpriced for some chicken tenders.
How so? Say about seven dollars for a three finger box, thats about what you're going to pay for a McDonalds chicken sandwich meal, and you only get fries and a drink with the latter.

The_Technomancer said:
How so? Say about seven dollars for a three finger box, thats about what you're going to pay for a McDonalds chicken sandwich meal, and you only get fries and a drink with the latter.

That's good and all, but he posted the larger combo.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the smell of toys in happy meals makes
me so nostalgic. new plastic intermingling with wafty fry oil. greasy packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom