• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

mavo

Banned
Man i remember when everyone said Madrid bulk of european cups came in black and white.

Now Real Madrid has more Champions (6) than anyone else has European Cups with the exception of Milan(7).

Boogs31

Where's his international trophy? Oh wait...

It's a team sport. Ronaldo didn't help Portugal at all in the final to win Euro 2016. Are you seriously calling him the better player because he sat on the bench and his team won? Messi has consistently taken his teams to the final of the Copa America and he's made a final of a world cup. He's also won an under 21 world cup. Messi is the better all around player with his passing and dribbling to go with his scoring skills. Ronaldo is the better pure goal scorer.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Yi1v8Gv.gif

Poor Cuadrado even apologised immediately.
What exactly is happening in this gif?

It's a team sport. Ronaldo didn't help Portugal at all in the final to win Euro 2016. Are you seriously calling him the better player because he sat on the bench and his team won? Messi has consistently taken his teams to the final of the Copa America and he's made a final of a world cup. He's also won an under 21 world cup. Messi is the better all around player with his passing and dribbling to go with his scoring skills. Ronaldo is the better pure goal scorer.

This is how I feel regarding the Messi vs Ronaldo debate. Both are GREAT, but if I'm building a team up from the ground I'd rather have Messi. If I have a great midfield, with good defense then I'd choose Ronaldo.

Edit: The true GOAT is between Zidane and Maradona

sanstesy

Throwing Messi under the bus because he didn't win an international title is always the most insane thing.

Do people even watch him at international events? The way he tries to carry Argentina is basically unprecedented compared to any other player in how much work he does for the team. Goals, assists, defending, literally everything. Dude is thirsty and it shows.

Gothos

Gratz Real, fully deserved win. Ronaldo did what he does best, but for me Modric is silent hero of the least few games in CL for Real, inculidng this final. He's just incredible, best CM in the world, no doubt about it.

Realeza

Banned
Throwing Messi under the bus because he didn't win an international title is always the most insane thing.

Do people even watch him at international events? The way he tries to carry Argentina is basically unprecedented compared to any other player in how much work he does for the team. Goals, assists, defending, literally everything.

I remember him fucking up during the Copa Centenario final lmao.

Shit, Ronaldo vs Messi comments get GAF shook. Up next we'll be getting angry about Welbeck vs Sturridge.

Would it be about who gets injured the most? :p

But yeah, I agree, just appreciate two GOATs while they're around (albeit I realise that's a bit more difficult for fans of either club)

Top Bottom