• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PR vs DR thing is so 90's. I'm surprised it's even still a thing when half the Ricans and Dominicans in the states are fucking each other and creating little DominiRicans.

Oh for sure. Never did understand that tension as a kid from Puerto Rican parents.

And not taking out Lugo just cost Rodriguez the WBC title

Awesome hit. No clue why the runners didn't advance on the bad throw. Need to keep the pressure on because I don't see PR ending up scoreless.

carlos

PR manager just had a Grady Little moment.
Agreed, but meh, I'd be surprised if PR could get even a couple of runs unless Leyland screws up bullpen management.

Like I said yesterday, good thing PR celebrated a lot after the Netherlands game.

clav

Berrios probably should have started tonight.

Don't know why manager didn't want to take a chance on him.

I think this year will be his breakout year.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That Berrios guy has some NASTY stuff... straight NASTY... that strike 3 on Kinsler was some Winnie the Pooh Baseball kinda stuff.

clav

That Berrios guy has some NASTY stuff... straight NASTY... that strike 3 on Kinsler was some Winnie the Pooh Baseball kinda stuff.

Yeah. Dude. Some sick curves.

Weird thing last season was he tore up the minors, but when he pitched in the majors, he gave up a lot of HRs.

Marquis

Banned
Sad to know that this game is going to end on 4-0. PR bats have been asleep since the first strike of the game. Very upsetting to make it this far again and then to perform like a completely different team.

NervousXtian

Yeah. Dude. Some sick curves.

Weird thing last season was he tore up the minors, but when he pitched in the majors, he gave up a lot of HRs.

It's got to be mental then.. there's a lot of pressure in the big leagues that you don't have in the minors. It's such a huge stage with huge parks and lots of fans. Also better facilities, better hotels, better everything... with that kind of stuff though.. I think he has a bright future.

Stroman holding down the no-no... wow.. his groundball game is on.

C4Lukins

This is fun.

I wish they could make a real thing out of this where the best of each country competed.

Despite that three is a ton of talent involved, but it is not the best against the best, and it is taking place during MLB preseason, the NCAA tournament, and during the race to the NHL and NBA playoffs in the USA. If you check it out on espn.com as to where to watch it, they say ESPN Deportes. Nobody in the US gives a shit and it is a shame.

Quixzlizx

This is fun.

I wish they could make a real thing out of this where the best of each country competed.

Despite that three is a ton of talent involved, but it is not the best against the best, and it is taking place during MLB preseason, the NCAA tournament, and during the race to the NHL and NBA playoffs in the USA. If you check it out on espn.com as to where to watch it, they say ESPN Deportes. Nobody in the US gives a shit and it is a shame.

It's harder to care when Harper, Trout, Kershaw, Syndergaard, Bumgarner, etc. all aren't playing.

NervousXtian

I think you might see more guys play in 4 years if the USA wins. I think it's fun.

A lot of these squads are really good though and stacked.

Lunar FC

675019.jpg

NervousXtian

Shit.. he took that right on the elbow... tough motherfucker right there... showed no signs of pain.

Also.. Molina was in pain from that foul tip.. bet it broke something.

clav

It's got to be mental then.. there's a lot of pressure in the big leagues that you don't have in the minors. It's such a huge stage with huge parks and lots of fans. Also better facilities, better hotels, better everything... with that kind of stuff though.. I think he has a bright future.

Breaking down with that unintentional wild pitch.

Yeah he did this a lot, too.

Guy is really talented. Once in a while he just throws something really silly.

Malo

Banned
Sad to know that this game is going to end on 4-0. PR bats have been asleep since the first strike of the game. Very upsetting to make it this far again and then to perform like a completely different team.
The 2013 DR team and the current US team were/are both superior in terms of talent. No shame in losing to either.

Also, game isn't over yet.

Brashnir

That's the nature of baseball. It's why they need a 162-game season to determine the best teams. These single-elimination tournaments are antithetical to the very nature of the sport. Every team has games where they just don't hit the ball. It's why great baseball teams still lose 60 games a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom