• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 Console Screenshot Thread |OT| Bout time, where were you? Crazy Gaffer blows himself up in Cyberpunk, and we don't have pictures!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
QcIwwcC.png

96Q9WDG.jpeg
lx5lPp5.jpeg
k1gM0fR.jpeg

ZHXQO0x.jpeg

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
fczWzGh.jpeg
W1uQDrz.jpeg
wmNssZZ.jpeg

This game is practically biblical in its presentation and beauty. BluePoint are gods. Nothing else looks like this to me. The way the camera zooms in and and out at just the right time riding around, it’s way more filmic to me than people give it credit for

Kupfer

Just started playing KCD PS4 version on PS5 in preparation for KCD2 and I have to say, this game can look gorgeous. CryEngine is a beast.
Rarely have I explored such a lovingly designed map in an open world game. Dense forests through which small streams meander, wide fields, wooded hills in the distance. One of the most accurate depictions of medieval Central Europe.
Such a vast game world, which is not dotted with draped POIs at every turn, often makes me think of DayZ. The vast majority of games nowadays no longer allow players to lose themselves in such a world without a constant content sprinkling.

It's such a shame that the game is trapped in the last-gen. The resolution and 30fps take some getting used to, but the game view is just too good not to play.

oRHyxtt.jpeg
JQyvHkZ.jpeg

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Just started playing KCD PS4 version on PS5 in preparation for KCD2 and I have to say, this game can look gorgeous. CryEngine is a beast.
Rarely have I explored such a lovingly designed map in an open world game. Dense forests through which small streams meander, wide fields, wooded hills in the distance. One of the most accurate depictions of medieval Central Europe.
Such a vast game world, which is not dotted with draped POIs at every turn, often makes me think of DayZ. The vast majority of games nowadays no longer allow players to lose themselves in such a world without a constant content sprinkling.

It's such a shame that the game is trapped in the last-gen. The resolution and 30fps take some getting used to, but the game view is just too good not to play.

oRHyxtt.jpeg
JQyvHkZ.jpeg

Dude be sure to take pics once you start riding through forests. The game does some of the best natural looking forests ever to me. Really thrilling riding through on your horse at top speed 😃

Kupfer

Dude be sure to take pics once you start riding through forests. The game does some of the best natural looking forests ever to me. Really thrilling riding through on your horse at top speed 😃
I have now got my horse and have to find a ginger.
So I ride from charcoal burner to charcoal burner on my search, because he's supposed to be hiding there.
The mission design alone; in conversation I learn that charcoal burners always work along bodies of water, as I ride along the beautiful streams that meander naturally through the map.
A charcoal burner asks to kill two bandits in the forest, who are in an abandoned camp in the forest, to which a small trail leads.
The way to the camp, the 5 minutes from the charcoal burner's camp, through the forest, along the river, to the sides dense forests with extensive vegetation, handmade bank edges, embankments, a winding trail up to the abandoned camp of the bandits ... I can't get enough of it. The whole forst drenched in a beautiful light atmosphere.
After RDR2 and TLoU II, I never thought I'd be so impressed by a PS4 game again.

And I have to say, the game looks even better in motion than on screenshots. Everything looks so dynamic and natural.

Anyway, I'll have to go back there the next time I play and take a screenshot or two

Trilobit

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima DC - PS5
718u8Uu.jpeg

This game is so gorgeous! I'm in love with the Wanderer clothes. I keep dreaming about a Zelda or Jedi game with these graphics and fun fighting mechanics. Seriously, imagine a Star Wars game looking like this where you are a character with strong principles, but you have to make hard choices like in KotOR. It's a shame that we haven't gotten a good "open world" Jedi Academy sequel yet. I really hope Nintendo ditches the crafting mechanics in the next Zelda and goes all-in on an epic adventure with lots of characters and secret spots. And that they strive towards this level of graphical fidelity on the New Switch.

lvb700A.jpeg

This was the first dog I saw in the game today and it's one of the furriest and best looking dogs I've seen in a game. My heart melted instantly! I think he's sleeping in this picture. <3

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima DC - PS5
718u8Uu.jpeg

This game is so gorgeous! I'm in love with the Wanderer clothes. I keep dreaming about a Zelda or Jedi game with these graphics and fun fighting mechanics. Seriously, imagine a Star Wars game looking like this where you are a character with strong principles, but you have to make hard choices like in KotOR. It's a shame that we haven't gotten a good "open world" Jedi Academy sequel yet. I really hope Nintendo ditches the crafting mechanics in the next Zelda and goes all-in on an epic adventure with lots of characters and secret spots. And that they strive towards this level of graphical fidelity on the New Switch.

lvb700A.jpeg

This was the first dog I saw in the game today and it's one of the furriest and best looking dogs I've seen in a game. My heart melted instantly! I think he's sleeping in this picture. <3

smibBcD.jpeg

Top Bottom