• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 new X360 Tiger Woods PGA golf pix (from Blim, of course)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1840_en.html

792_0001.jpg

792_0002.jpg

792_0003.jpg

Looks kinda meh...

StephaneC

"from blimblim of course "lol please stop man u're ridiculous this screens are from gamespot, Blim just had his fu**** watermark (please guys stop to add watermark when screens are not exclusive).

Striek

StephaneC said:
"from blimblim of course "lol please stop man u're ridiculous this screens are from gamespot, Blim just had his fu**** watermark (please guys stop to add watermark when screens are not exclusive).
EA released them to the press yesterday (aka IGN had them exclusive).
And ALL sites watermark their picture.
aka stfu

StephaneC

Striek said:
EA released them to the press yesterday (aka IGN had them exclusive).
And ALL sites watermark their picture.
aka stfu
french website don't have EA US press release ... and there is no watermak on gamespot screenshots

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
terrene said:
So, so sad.

This would've been something to get excited about:
928262_20050518_screen001.jpg

This, not so much:
928262_20050812_screen001.jpg

Way to mow the lawn, EA.

isnt that top pick an actual screen? maybe the second shot is just on the green? lod could make quite a difference in textures and shit as well...

heres another shot thats supposed to be real time (looks it)

792_0002.jpg

IJoel

StephaneC said:

STFU. Blimblim rocks. One of the very very very few sites that give and give without asking for anything in return. No stupid free registrations, nor the site's overloaded with ads. Who cares if they add a very unintrusive small logo on the corner of the pic?

Not even mentioning that he doesn't mind direct linking of his pics without crying out for visits or bandwidth. And he hosts media when needed. So STFU.

BojTrek

Banned
X-Box Picture From IGN:

1123884304.jpg

Compared To:

X-Box 360 Picture From This Post:

792_0002.jpg

Compared To:

PC Version Picture From This Post:

929353_20050803_screen002.jpg

I don't know, does X-Box 360 improve that much over X-Box? I was planning on X-Box 360 for sports games, are they going to be greater looking on X-Box 360? I cannot weait for a month or so to actually see the game videos running on the "real" X-Box 360.

IJoel

I think the grass isn't shown on the Xbox 360 pics because of the drawing distance. It'll magically grow up when getting close to it. Even the nice target pic shows this.

StephaneC

IJoel said:
STFU. Blimblim rocks. One of the very very very few sites that give and give without asking for anything in return. No stupid free registrations, nor the site's overloaded with ads. Who cares if they add a very unintrusive small logo on the corner of the pic?

Not even mentioning that he doesn't mind direct linking of his pics without crying out for visits or bandwidth. And he hosts media when needed. So STFU.
blablablabla ... not my fault if all us website need registrations -_- and media from xboxyde are on bittorent server so ... STFU too

FightyF

Banned
I tweaked the colours a bit...perhaps a bit too extreme since my monitor sucks (everything is at the brightest settings yet my whites aren't white).

FFFTWedit.jpg

Again, not the best, but it shows that by tweaking the colour palette, you can approach something that looks more believable. I think that they should try to implement some post-image processing to achieve that and tinker with it. It should make it easier to do, rather than changing all the textures in a batch.

FightyF

Banned
Actually I don't know why I did that...the original looked pretty good. But the first few shots in this thread...yuck.

IJoel

StephaneC said:
blablablabla ... not my fault if all us website need registrations -_- and media from xboxyde are on bittorent server so ... STFU too

Bittorrent AND DIRECT LINKING.

I can't believe someone would bitch about Xboxyde. That site alone has given me more than IGN, Gamestop, and any of the smaller sites during the past year. Ridiculous.

newsguy

BojTrek said:
I don't know, does X-Box 360 improve that much over X-Box? I was planning on X-Box 360 for sports games, are they going to be greater looking on X-Box 360? I cannot weait for a month or so to actually see the game videos running on the "real" X-Box 360.

Dude, It looks as though TW golf is a cleaned up PS2 version. Don't go on these screens for sports games. Look at Madden and LIVE, they are being built from the ground up and they look hot. I for one and ecstatic about a next-gen Madden.

StephaneC

IJoel said:
Bittorrent AND DIRECT LINKING.

I can't believe someone would bitch about Xboxyde. That site alone has given me more than IGN, Gamestop, and any of the smaller sites during the past year. Ridiculous.
:lol: you're really stupid ...

BojTrek

Banned
I know, I know... we have to really wait a month or so to see what the games will really look like on the system...

I just feel first-generation on X-Box 360 will be like first-generation on X-Box... there will be one or two games that push some of the power ALA Halo at X-Box launch...

I think the 2nd. generation will push the power of X-Box 360... we will see!

StephaneC

Nic007 said:
Toujours aussi calme le Stéphane quelque que soit le site d'ailleurs :D
je peux pas éditer mes posts ca me saoule ... non mais sérieux pour oser dire que xboxyde propose plus de choses que ign et gamespot faut en avoir gros dans la tete !!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
StephaneC said:
no media on ign and gamespot ? okay u teach me something today

you're hopeless.

Xboxyde is a MEDIA SITE. meaning it deals mainly with IMAGES AND MOVIES.

ok you still following? No? Well let's continue still....

IGN and Gamespot are news / journalistic sites. Meaning what, you say? That their site isn't based solely on media content! It's based on opinions and impressions. Xboxyde is at the other end of the scale.

Do you understand yet, or am i going to have to draw you a fucking picture?

Wax Free Vanilla said:

I shouldn't even have to point out what's wrong with this. But, winner. :lol

Edit: FUCK YOU, DM. Beat me to it. :lol Also, Stephane's about to get swept under the grass rug. :\

StephaneC

DopeyFish said:
you're hopeless.

Xboxyde is a MEDIA SITE. meaning it deals mainly with IMAGES AND MOVIES.

ok you still following? No? Well let's continue still....

IGN and Gamespot are news / journalistic sites. Meaning what, you say? That their site isn't based solely on media content! It's based on opinions and impressions. Xboxyde is at the other end of the scale.

Do you understand yet, or am i going to have to draw you a fucking picture?
okay and website with no impression is better than media + impression website :) see ya trou du'c

Nic007

StephaneC said:
je peux pas éditer mes posts ca me saoule ... non mais sérieux pour oser dire que xboxyde propose plus de choses que ign et gamespot faut en avoir gros dans la tete !!

You'll see that with him on MSN

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
StephaneC said:
okay and website with no impression is better than media + impression website :) see ya trou du'c

you enjoy paying for your high-res goodness which is free on xboxyde? good for you

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wow, I had completely missed that topic. Funny stuff. Especially since this news was not even written by me but by Manager.

FightyF

Banned
StephaneC said:
:lol: you're really stupid ...

Well you aren't considering all the factors here.

No one said XY offered more in terms of content. Rather, they have offered more meaningful content to us. Take, for example, many of the closed door media shown at E3, which NONE of the big game sites have done.

Often times, XY has been much faster than any of the bigger sites when getting media up on the web.

Also consider the fact when any one of us posters is able to grab videos or pics of exclusive footage, Xy offers to host it to share it with the rest of the World.

Can you tell me of ANY SITE on the ENTIRE INTERNET that would do that?

FightyF

Banned
AB 101 said:
Looks like shit.

Good for XBox or PS2 though.

I think the Xbox version looks like shit as well.

Play Links...and you'll see it looks almost as good as EA's efforts on a console 20 times more powerful

Top Bottom