• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 new X360 Tiger Woods PGA golf pix (from Blim, of course)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Fight for Freeform said:
Well you aren't considering all the factors here.

No one said XY offered more in terms of content. Rather, they have offered more meaningful content to us. Take, for example, many of the closed door media shown at E3, which NONE of the big game sites have done.

Often times, XY has been much faster than any of the bigger sites when getting media up on the web.

Also consider the fact when any one of us posters is able to grab videos or pics of exclusive footage, Xy offers to host it to share it with the rest of the World.

Can you tell me of ANY SITE on the ENTIRE INTERNET that would do that?
I do all this for money though.
Please, stop arguing about xboxyde. If people like it, I'm happy, if others don't, fine by me.

StephaneC

Blimblim said:
Please, stop arguing about xboxyde. If people like it, I'm happy, if others don't, fine by me.
No problem for me about xboxyde excepted about watermak on public screens (et cette facon pour certains de reagir des qu'ils voient une news sur xboxyde ... dans le genre le titre de ce topic alors que les images ont été reprises sur gamespot et quelle est meme pas de toi).

FightyF

Banned
Blimblim said:

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! I CAN ARGUE ABOUT IT IF I WANT TO!!

heheh j/k

Even if you make money off of it...I still think it's a unique site that offers more to us Xbox gamers than other sites, in some regards. I'm sure many people agree.

I don't see the point in having 20 sites that all do the exact same thing. If one is better in previews, and another with timely media, and another with reviews, etc. it would be a much better scenario.

Endymion

IJoel said:
STFU. Blimblim rocks. One of the very very very few sites that give and give without asking for anything in return. No stupid free registrations, nor the site's overloaded with ads. Who cares if they add a very unintrusive small logo on the corner of the pic?

Not even mentioning that he doesn't mind direct linking of his pics without crying out for visits or bandwidth. And he hosts media when needed. So STFU.

Quoted for truth. Blim Blim rocks.

IJoel

Blimblim said:

Haha of course!

As long as you don't turn into McXboxyde, it's all good. :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
StephaneC said:
you win only 50$ per month with adsense ?
Between $50 and $100, may was a great month with $120. Wooo.
Anyway guys, either continue telling how awful these screens are (for they ARE), or stop posting. This is not a topic about my site and the awful policy of watermarking images when I shouldn't.

Solid

Kleegamefan said:
Looks kinda meh...
_ea_sports.jpg

With alot of next-gen games being about 100s/1000s of characters being on-screen at once, I am disappointed with the lack of a gallery. The worst part about golf games right now is that you are charging down the 18th at the Masters and there isn't a soul to be seen.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Guy LeDouche said:
With alot of next-gen games being about 100s/1000s of characters being on-screen at once, I am disappointed with the lack of a gallery. The worst part about golf games right now is that you are charging down the 18th at the Masters and there isn't a soul to be seen.

maybe you missed this hot shot?

792_0003.jpg

:lol

Borys

Banned
op_ivy said:
maybe you missed this hot shot?

792_0003.jpg

And you StephaneC leave Blimblim the fuck alone. He rules. Lotsa movies with a nice bandwidth and you don't have to be a french insider to get them :)

Gattsu25

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Clones also make for good baddies, football players, and sparks.
I can just imagine a new Burnout game where each spark is a fully rendered faerie. Now will 1000s of sparks!!

Amadeus

btw. have you seen the new fight night screenshots EA released today?

up50998.jpg

hopefully this game will still look the same when it will be out.

Amadeus

my fault, i thought they were officially released by EA. but they look really stunning (now... let's just hope the overall visual quality doesn't fall with every new shot that will be releases :D )

u_neek

Amadeus said:
my fault, i thought they were officially released by EA. but they look really stunning (now... let's just hope the overall visual quality doesn't fall with every new shot that will be releases :D )

It doesn't..
It's EA so the game won't look like crap 'till it's in the stores.

Borys

Banned
Amadeus said:
btw. have you seen the new fight night screenshots EA released today?

up50998.jpg

hopefully this game will still look the same when it will be out.

Damn... those look real. I mean not CG but really real.

eso76

Those x360 shots aren't close to the fairway / rough enough to see blades of grass, i think. I mean, even in those better PC pics someone posted, the grass starts fading in only a few meters away from the camera, i don't think the x360 version is different.
So yes, these pics do look terrible but fear not...it will look even worse when it all starts moving and blades of grass start popping out of nowhere.
Who cares about golf games anyway ('cept for hot shots golf and neo turf masters, of course)

Mrbob

Nice. Those two pics are in Game Informer. EA should release the rest including the Def Jam next gen pics!

Madden looks good too. Whats up with Tiger Woods? Looks like shit in next gen form.

Amadeus

does anyone have the other pics of EAs upcoming nex gen-games?

i really just hope the final game will look that good.

J2 Cool

I think golf games should be the leader of grass rendering in the field of videogames. I mean, what else to they really have to spend time on??? You don't need to model Tokyo on a golf course. The least you could do is make it look like more effort was put into it than say the grass in GTA.

GhaleonEB

To summarize:

Blimblim rocks
EA sucks

Very amusing thread though. Love the bitching about watermarks, that was hilarious.

FightyF

Banned
J2 Cool said:
I think golf games should be the leader of grass rendering in the field of videogames. I mean, what else to they really have to spend time on??? You don't need to model Tokyo on a golf course. The least you could do is make it look like more effort was put into it than say the grass in GTA.

That's a really good point. There is a lot of restrictions on the scenery, which would only help the developers in narrowing down what they need to focus on.

I have to say, the grass in this shot looks excellent. It could just be a high res texture, but hey, it really gets the job done. The ONLY flaw is the crowd, which are probably placeholders since they look exactly the same as last year's version IIRC.

792_0003.jpg

Look at the cart marks...LOOK AT THEM!

seanoff

pedantic golf question.

Why are there cart tracks near the green during what looks like tournament play? Carts are pretty much verboten

Over at the XBox Links forum, Sum Guy said:

Yeah when I was at E3, I was playing Top Spin for 360 at the Take 2 booth. The rep their was watching my buddy and myself play and was talking to us. I said to him "You know, you guys should get the Links right since you have Top Spin. Links is an amazing game." The guy just looked at me with a huge grin and told me to be patient and that their is going to be a special announcement from Take 2 on this game. I asked if it was gonna come out for 360, he just smiled at me and said, just wait for our announcement. You will be very happy.

Has anybody heard anything on this front?

In my opinion, by not putting out yearly updates to Links on the PC and Xbox, and by not getting the PC version running in 3D, Microsoft did substantial damage to the Links brand.

Does anybody know how much MS paid for Access Software in 1999?

Jeff-DSA

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Over at the XBox Links forum, Sum Guy said:

Has anybody heard anything on this front?

In my opinion, by not putting out yearly updates to Links on the PC and Xbox, and by not getting the PC version running in 3D, Microsoft did substantial damage to the Links brand.

Does anybody know how much MS paid for Access Software in 1999?

My friend's dad was one of the higher-ups in Access. I could find that out later tonight.

Heh, he was even a character in Amazon. He was the Mexican guy that was getting beat when you get off that boat thingy. Funny though, he wasn't Mexican, but he played one for the game...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Guy LeDouche said:
The worst part about golf games right now is that you are charging down the 18th at the Masters and there isn't a soul to be seen.

Actually, the worst part about golf games right now is that you are not at the Masters.

Top Bottom