• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan - New PS5 event rumoured to be 12th June

dotnotbot

I think it's the final design, otherwise why would they have patented it? If it's a devkit, why would they bother? Doesn't make any sense.
They also NEVER EVER patented a devkit, so this would be the first time.

I think it's a given that it is the final design, since the patent has been published TODAY, when the PS5 event supposed to be, AND they also published the DualSense Patent TODAY.
It must be it.

But that "input device" they patented today doesn't look like final dualsense, it looks exactly like gamepad associated with devkit we've seen on leaked photos.

SaucyJack

They have pretty much 20 first party studios at this point. If they don’t have something soon they might as well just shut it down.

It's not quite as impressive as it sounds, although it's a massive improvement from where they were. I think it will take investment in and commitment to their portfolio of studios through the entirety of the next generation before Xbox Game Studios overall gets anywhere near where SIE are today.

As it stands Xbox Games Studios has 15 subsidiaries, 2 of which don't really develop games (World's Edge oversees 3rd party development of Age of Empires and Xbox Game Studios Publishing does publishing).

Of the remaining 13 there are 6 which are single franchise studios, 1 of which (Mojang) is multi-platform. 1 studio (The Initiative) is brand new and yet to release their first game, although they're assembling a stellar team.

I really hope that MS commits to the portfolio they've built up and that this really gives me a reason to buy an Xbox again.

SaucyJack

Are people really pre-damage controlling the PS5 reveal by saying they need to hire space for the conference?

Some of the shit I read here truly boggles the mind.

Nobody that matters is saying that.

Of course, in the absence of official information, people just speculate and talk nonsense.

D.Final

Banned
I think they will wait until July now. Do it a day or two after Microsoft’s event.

I think June 12 is a better date.

Also, if it goes to July, then Sony deserves to have the entire PS5 event leaked before.
Because at that point, it becomes just a ridiculous marketing excuse

Gravemind

This was made public today - the day, when the PS5 event supposed to be:

zkxpNKC0GCLRof7A_PDESWYBymWZ_dfwrR97EwjcwZuoy_53CEFxJP-gQHijIjKhU_p05hAoBGevc7qd2ezeo70ntl0063mbT2Bx9K_syraJCQwWwiJUjNcVQsSawuwIAClRUDcpovadcaIVg2jadQ

Did they make it public today, because they thought that today is the official reveal? Do you think we will see something like that at the reveal on the 12th of June?

Hopefully just the dev kit design...

It not... yikes.

T-Cake

I think June 12 is a better date.

Also, if it goes to July, then Sony deserves to have the entire PS5 event leaked before.
Because at that point, it becomes just a ridiculous marketing excuse

I'm sort of doing reverse psychology. I say July but then (when/if) it happens in June, it will be a pleasant surprise. 🤣

decisions

lol if that!’s the design we will be in for a shitstorm. Function over form baby.

Though I’m almost certain that’s not the design.

Last edited:

yurinka

This can’t be the final design. It just can’t be.
It isn't.

It's the design of a devkit because it has a lot of debug leds and (USB?) ports in the front side.
Something common in devkits but removed for retail skus.
Maybe the cooling solution is very similar/the same, but the box design may change even if it's just a bit.

It's a patent for their cooling solution, so the important in the patent drawings are the related things to the cooling, instead of the box design.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
lol if that!’s the design we will be in for a shitstorm. Function over form baby.

Though I’m almost certain that’s not the design.

I mean nothing will ever ever top the Wii controller reveal thread on GAF but you are right. Will be in for a good time if that’s the final design.

Degree

Banned
It isn't.

It's the design of a devkit because it has a lot of debug leds and (USB?) ports in the front side.
Something common in devkits but removed for retail skus.
Maybe the cooling solution is very similar/the same, but the box design may change even if it's just a bit.

It's a patent for their cooling solution, so the important in the patent drawings are the related things to the cooling, instead of the box design.

So, at least the fans and heatsink should be the same or similar.
Someone needs to create some possible mockups with similar fans/heatsink design.

D.Final

Banned
I'm sort of doing reverse psychology. I say July but then (when/if) it happens in June, it will be a pleasant surprise. 🤣

I really think that this event must be planned for this June.
Otherwise, Sony just should release the damn video presentation of PS5 online on YouTube, and end this nonsensical, deleterious and immotivate waiting.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I really think that this event must be planned for this June.
Otherwise, Sony just should release the damn video presentation of PS5 online on YouTube, and end this nonsensical, deleterious and immotivate waiting.

Don’t worry. They’ll be forced to do it because they don’t want to risk a leak.

yurinka

I don't use 4chan, but as I remember users there who create supposed 'leaks' news like this one are anonymous, which would mean they have zero credibility.

If it is the case, why do people listen them? Why do people even create GAF threads based on 4chan rumors and supposed leaks?

If you can post there as anonymous, I would be able to go there and start a thread about Nintendo going 3rd party and that next Mario will be a PS5 exclusive.

So voices don't matter on June 12th?
I can see the newspapers headlines next week:
Breaking news! Racism dissapeared because a videogame related video was delayed a week!

Last edited:
It's not quite as impressive as it sounds, although it's a massive improvement from where they were. I think it will take investment in and commitment to their portfolio of studios through the entirety of the next generation before Xbox Game Studios overall gets anywhere near where SIE are today.

As it stands Xbox Games Studios has 15 subsidiaries, 2 of which don't really develop games (World's Edge oversees 3rd party development of Age of Empires and Xbox Game Studios Publishing does publishing).

Of the remaining 13 there are 6 which are single franchise studios, 1 of which (Mojang) is multi-platform. 1 studio (The Initiative) is brand new and yet to release their first game, although they're assembling a stellar team.

I really hope that MS commits to the portfolio they've built up and that this really gives me a reason to buy an Xbox again.

I don't think you realise that pretty much all of their studios are proven studios already. It's not because some of them were previously multiplat that it doesn't count.

The only unproven studio I would say is The Initiative because we haven't seen anything Compulsion games and Undead Labs.

I don't see what Sony 1st party studios have that the likes of Obsidian, Ninja Theory, The Coalition or Playground Games don't.

SaucyJack

I don't think you realise that pretty much all of their studios are proven studios already. It's not because some of them were previously multiplat that it doesn't count.

The only unproven studio I would say is The Initiative because we haven't seen anything Compulsion games and Undead Labs.

I don't see what Sony 1st party studios have that the likes of Obsidian, Ninja Theory, The Coalition or Playground Games don't.

Other than The Initiative (who have yet to release a game) where did I say that they were unproven?

But now you mention it Double Fine and Compulsion are proven small game studios, Obsidian, inXile and Ninja Theory are proven mid-tier developers (who may be able to step up with MS $s) and Rare are proven to have had life squeezed out of them.

Last edited:
Other than The Initiative (who have yet to release a game) where did I say that they were unproven?

But now you mention it Double Fine and Compulsion are proven small game studios, Obsidian, inXile and Ninja Theory are proven mid-tier developers (who may be able to step up with MS $s) and Rare are proven to have had life squeezed out of them.

If Obsidian and Ninja Theory are mid tier devs then basically every studio at Sony is mid tier besides Santa Monica and Naughty Dog.

LostDonkey

I can't wait for all this waiting to be over and finally see some games. God 2020 has been such a fucking write off so far.

Looking forward to seeing a new God of War. GT and please be a PS5 big multiplayer game like MAG or something. I think co op play is something Sony really need to work on in their blockbusters.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
If Obsidian and Ninja Theory are mid tier devs then basically every studio at Sony is mid tier besides Santa Monica and Naughty Dog.
Hell even 343 is mid tier, they took Halo from bungie and instead of making it a juggernaut they made it a juggerdont. When Halo released it was an event, now its a sunday christian special on tv at 7 in the morning.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Being that this is pre-recorded, I wish someone would start leaking some stuff at this point.
The fact it's pre recorded is why it won't be leaked. Generally leaks around events come from people attending who have schedules.

Top Bottom