• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] New Starfield Trailer at the End of February

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
IMG-20220204-090805.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
Has DICE awards ever been known to have game trailers?

Then again I don't think I've ever watched the Dice awards before.

Probably safe to just doubt this one :p

Fbh

These marketing campaigns with slow drops of info suck. "Ok here's the logo", "ok here's an in engine cinematic trailer", "Ok, here's a trailer with in engine environment shots".

Just show the actual game.

Markio128

Looking forward to it if true. It’d be nice to see how the game plays, particularly how the combat works.

Reactions: Isa

VN1X

Banned
Still amazed people are so incredibly hyped for a game we basically know nothing about nor have have we seen any gameplay from it. Their more recent games didn't excite me so I guess I'm not the target audience but we'll see. I'm hoping its good obviously but on the other hand I'm fully expecting another jankfest by that team.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Releasing a trailer next to Elden Ring mightn't be the best idea. This would be competiting with FromSoftware's behemoth. It will get eyes but will it maximise impact if it came a week afterwards.

T0minator

I couldn't sworn I read an interview with Todd Howard back in Nov of him saying they plan on showing Starfield again during the summer

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Normies who like Bethesda shit outnumber Souls fans 5:1 so IDK. Elden Ring won't dampen it at all.
General news articles will be about Elden Ring right before release. If they were going up against anything they should show the trailer when Horizon: Forbidden West releases the week before.

Elden is souls fan hype. Starfield is majority of gamers hype. Different audience.
I disagree. I think challenging something where there is serious momentum is not the best idea. The hype for Elden Ring is real and will a trailer eclipse the release of a potential GOTY quality game release, I don't think it's wise to find out.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I disagree. I think challenging something where there is serious momentum is not the best idea. The hype for Elden Ring is real and will a trailer eclipse the release of a potential GOTY quality game release, I don't think it's wise to find out.
Skyrim is the gta of rpg games. Starfield takes inspiration of that game. There is no hype that can match that, other than gta6.

Its Skyrim successor. Even the biggest fan of elden ring would want to find out what starfield is.

Starfield

yo Starfield Starfield , is this true?
Even if it were true, this user on 4chan certainly isn't an "insider".

The origin of this story is that a certain Youtuber (JuiceHead) was tweeting out that on Feb 24th Todd will present the DICE award to Phil Spencer which will be livestreamed and that Skyrim also got its gameplay trailer on Feb 24. Implying BGS might do another trailer for Starfield.

then one of Bethesda's community managers actually replied with this:

unknown.png

she later deleted that tweet though.

so what probably actually happened is that one of the 4 derranged people on the internet saw that tweet and thought "hey I can be smart too" by coming up with a bs 4chan story.

WHICH...may or may not be true. However that would be more coincidence than "knowing"

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Skyrim is the gta of rpg games. Starfield takes inspiration of that game. There is no hype that can match that, other than gta6.

Its Skyrim successor. Even the biggest fan of elden ring would want to find out what starfield is.
Look whatever, I know you love Xbox PC but I think your love is blinding you. Challenging Elden Ring for eyeballs is not the best idea when they should either pick another time to either damage another release (HFW) or pick a time where it is a slow news day. I for one would want to maximise news coverage, but that's just me.

kingfey

Banned
Look whatever, I know you love Xbox PC but I think your love is blinding you. Challenging Elden Ring for eyeballs is not the best idea when they should either pick another time to either damage another release (HFW) or pick a time where it is a slow news day. I for one would want to maximise news coverage, but that's just me.
That is the reality. Skyrim is just too big. Bigger than these 2 games. You can ask any souls fan if you will. Hell this site is huge fan of skyrim, and waiting for starfield patiently.

As for marketing. xbox will want maximum hype. They dont have any big game as of now. Only one would redfall, but that screams a delay.

Edit: i misunderstood your point. I would like for them to pick a different date too. My bad there.

Last edited:

Algan

Waiting for gameplay.
Trailers are made to please the movie industry. I'm tired of disappointments.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I hope it has some neat current-gen features otherwise, Skyrim in space doesn't make me very excited. I'm not into sci-fi but Halo 1 was AMAZING still, I hope Bethesda can be the next big thing.

Top Bottom