• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Shattered Space is coming this fall, small update later this week

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Greg Miller of Kinda Funny had a roughly 40-minute-long interview with Todd Howard, of Bethesda fame. During the interview, Todd stated that Starfield’s first expansion, Shattered Space, will be released in the Fall of 2024. Shattered Space is included for owners of the Starfield Deluxe Edition and is rumored to focus on the elusive House Va’ruun. Todd teased that a new update for the base game will be announced later in the week, stating it had updates for the game’s ship-building mechanics.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

Atrus

Gold Member
This is probably the longest they’ve taken for an expansion that I can remember. People actually pre-paid over a year in advance, sight unseen, for it.

When this drops I'll give the game another go, simply because I stupidly purchased the deluxe edition at launch.
Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Put 10 hours into the deluxe version of a game I was massively disappointed in.....

I think the bones of Starfield are ok, I think it'll be a much better game when/if the community gets mod tools to make a good game from it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
100+ hours in the base game, looking to add another 20 or so with this expansion.

I wonder how it's going to factor into how the main narrative ends. Shit goes real wild so the expansion entry is either just going to ignore it or take place before the narrative ending.

gothmog

Gold Member
I have no expectations based on the last few updates to the game. It's painful watching them move this slow after watching the Ori team release new builds every other day or so since No Rest For The Wicked released in early access a week ago.

I'd love to see an EA build channel of Starfield where they move fast and break stuff, but I think at this point they're too scared and proud to risk looking bad.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Better be worth the wait.

They can't. Many of us have already paid for it.
to be fair, they’ve basically done this with Redfall even though I’m sure there’s people that bought the Digital Deluxe that included the Hero Pass

it’s been what a year now? and that was only for two new heroes

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I had 75 hours of fun with the base game and I’m ready for some more this fall.

DaGwaphics

100+ hours in the base game, looking to add another 20 or so with this expansion.

I wonder how it's going to factor into how the main narrative ends. Shit goes real wild so the expansion entry is either just going to ignore it or take place before the narrative ending.

Seems like they could just incorporate it anywhere within the course of the game. You'd be able to access the new content on a fresh play-through or on a starborn run.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it. I wonder if it will included gameplay that is similar to entangled at all. That was one of my favorite quests, something like that might fit the title.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Honestly, they should just focus on Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 and write this IP off ASAP. Absolute waste of money and resources.
Listen to the interview, it’s good. Starfield is a new IP and it’s own thing, played for other reasons than Elder Scrolls and Fallout. One of the worst PR blunders was calling it Skyrim in space. It’s nothing like Skyrim.
As a fan I’d say there is nothing else out there quite like it. There is No Man’s Sky, I love that too, but the combat is bad there and there is no roleplaying or ship building. Makes me happy to hear they’re still seeing it as a success and keeps building on it even though it’s so divisive in the gaming community.
Day 1 on the update and expansion! 🚀🪐

Chukhopops

Really looking forward to it, support on this game has been impressive so far.

Hope it adds another faction and makes the universe feel more at war. Add a revamp of the crafting system and we’re good for another 120 hours.

I wonder how many people will really play the DLC.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but even if I enjoy a game and am happy about a DLC announcement, I already moved on and just don’t want to go back.
Actually I already had the case 3 times where I preordered the DLC, but then never touched it when it came out. Might be that it’s because I have children and therefore have very limited time, but I also don’t feel really like playing it again when the DLC comes out.
I am always thinking, I completely forgot how to play the game, its mechanics and partly the story and I don’t want to learn all this again.

Top Bottom