• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A big summer lays ahead for Playstation on the news front! (have had my info vetted by mods)

imagination jerking off GIF

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
They don’t know anything it could be Destroy All Humans 3 or it could be an old IP emerging.

It's worked on me BIG TIME by Sony in the past too. I think I just hate the fact that they are doing this during E3 season. Like if Sony is going to do this, why not deliver right after E3? If they are going to wait until August then that really sucks.
I feel the same, August feels longway away.

Reactions: Isa
WTF is this thread? Looked at the first post skimmed through the first page and it is a huge nothing burger...

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA

I mean what was even vetted, teases with 'Trust me bro' messages? LOL

DonJorginho

Banned
We hit such a game drought on all fronts that this is news now.

Hey, if you don't like it feel free sifting through 4Chan and subreddits for news and searching random twitter posts for news that's fake anyway man, you do you!

Regardless of this not being the big magical blowout info dump that people want, it is from a verified source, one that's a trillion times more verified than the "sources" this site normally shares.

Last edited:

CuNi

Hey, if you don't like it feel free sifting through 4Chan and subreddits for news and searching random twitter posts for news that's fake anyway man, you do you!

Regardless of this not being the big magical blowout info dump that people want, it is from a verified source, one that's a trillion times more verified than the "sources" this site normally shares.

I'm not counting random twitters as news either. They have always been there, positing as much random stuff as possible, something will be right. We just hit, like I said, such a game drought that outlets started to quote them as people are thirsty for some gaming news. Like I get it. New consoles are out, people want to know what's next for them.

And I appreciate you wanting to bring some cool news for owners of the PS5 and even went through the hoops to vet your source and claims, but "something will come this summer!!" without actually knowing what it is, is worth nothing. Like companies will make a campaign teasing the newest hardware innovation to then release a console branded fridge. Ofc every company will say "expect huge news!!". No one would tell you "we will maybe show one or two new trailers for already announced games that won't release this year anyway".

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm not counting random twitters as news either. They have always been there, positing as much random stuff as possible, something will be right. We just hit, like I said, such a game drought that outlets started to quote them as people are thirsty for some gaming news. Like I get it. New consoles are out, people want to know what's next for them.

And I appreciate you wanting to bring some cool news for owners of the PS5 and even went through the hoops to vet your source and claims, but "something will come this summer!!" without actually knowing what it is, is worth nothing. Like companies will make a campaign teasing the newest hardware innovation to then release a console branded fridge. Ofc every company will say "expect huge news!!". No one would tell you "we will maybe show one or two new trailers for already announced games that won't release this year anyway".
I get your points man I totally do, but this is someone who I'm close friends with and who's hints are more than generic company jargon, for examples their last two hints were regarding an at the time unannounced delay to the Future Of Gaming event and the other hint around the Digital Edition pricing.

It's pretty clear we're getting a big summer event, but I think it's nice that someone who I know for a fact to have existing links to PS is starting to hint to me that something is on the horizon.

supernova8

Banned
The mods thought it was enough, and whether you like it or not my post has been the most concrete proof we're getting something this summer.

(by proof I mean the sources it's come from, that's the key part that you and a few other people seem to be not getting)

It's not that. It's that you provided really nothing. I think pretty much everyone is expecting Sony to do something for "E3" (whether it's in that timeframe or not) because they always have.

I appreciate (slightly) your vetted guarantee of a Playstation event, but it's a bit like saying "I've got it on GOOD AUTHORITY that there's going to be a RAINY SEASON THIS YEAR!". People's reaction is naturally:

Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

CuNi

I get your points man I totally do, but this is someone who I'm close friends with and who's hints are more than generic company jargon, for examples their last two hints were regarding an at the time unannounced delay to the Future Of Gaming event and the other hint around the Digital Edition pricing.

It's pretty clear we're getting a big summer event, but I think it's nice that someone who I know for a fact to have existing links to PS is starting to hint to me that something is on the horizon.

I think we have just have different points of view to this. I think this being news shows that everyone is thirsty for whatever news they can get, be it verified or not, because let's face it, there had to be a event coming. Sony skipping E3 and then not doing any stream of their own would have fans set up tents and storm the headquarters.

But this is the magic of forums. I came here to voice my opinion, but besides that I am really glad that people do take the time to post such threads as there are others out there who might find this be big news and be way more happy about this than I am, and that already makes this thread worthy.

Regardless of this not being the big magical blowout info dump that people want, it is from a verified source,
Again WHAT is from a verified source? You've yet to answer that question. WHAT did they verify? You don't see why this is frustrating?

Did they verify a State of Play? Did they verify an announcement of any sort? Because all you keep telling us you have the inside VERIFIED scoop that's been 100% vetted by a mod that Sony will continue to exist throughout the summer.

I appreciate (slightly) your vetted guarantee of a Playstation event
Did he even verify that? If that's what he is saying, that would be enough, but as far as I can tell, he hasn't said that. He hasn't said what the inside info is at all, except Sony will "be around".

DonJorginho

Banned
It's not that. It's that you provided really nothing. I think pretty much everyone is expecting Sony to do something for "E3" (whether it's in that timeframe or not) because they always have.

I appreciate (slightly) your vetted guarantee of a Playstation event, but it's a bit like saying "I've got it on GOOD AUTHORITY that there's going to be a RAINY SEASON THIS YEAR!". People's reaction is naturally:

Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show
And I totally get that, I said how it is fairly obvious, but for some reason some didn't see it that way and you can find their posts sharing this viewpoint on threads all around this site.

This is more for them than us, I just always saw it as a nice tip of the hat coming from someone who is actually a trusted source and not randos on r/GamingLeaks claiming shit, any specifics I get I can't share due to not wanting it to comeback bad on my friend, that's why I deleted the original SS as it showed their writing patterns which as some said can rightly be traced back.

Again WHAT is from a verified source? You've yet to answer that question. WHAT did they verify? You don't see why this is frustrating?

Did they verify a State of Play? Did they verify an announcement of any sort? Because all you keep telling us you have the inside VERIFIED scoop that's been 100% vetted by a mod that Sony will continue to exist throughout the summer.

I can't say explicitly without giving away any sensitive info, you'll just have to trust myself and more importantly the mods who entrusted me to post this to begin with.

I can see why it's frustrating, and I apologise for that, it isn't my intention to make people pissed or anything.

I can't give away specifics due to not wanting to get fallback on my friend but I'll say it this way.

We were talking about the potential of a summer blowout event, then they replied with that teasing line I posted in the brief summary. So take it however you want, I know how I've taken it and others here have taken it that way aswell.

Is it a big magical info dump or anything I can show? No and I get why that can piss you off, I really do. But this source is the most trustworthy you can get aside from the leadership team at PS or the devs themselves, I promise you that.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Brief summary:

- Messaged my long time friend who is currently working at Playstation, just general talk, then we started talking summer gaming wise and I tried to get something out of him surrounding a summer event.

- Friend replies with "Regarding PS/PS5 in general, the summer is about to get MUCH better on that front"

- I requested @Mod of War to vet my info and it was successful.

- Made this thread and posted perhaps a little too much info and the Screenshot perhaps could give away his writing style, so I have made this summarised version for all to follow.

For anyone who thinks I have misled or am a fraud for this, I posted this reliable news which is better than anything we have got recently. We at GAF have been feasting off random redditors, twitter users and Roberto fucking Serrano recently, so for me to get a hint like this from an official PS Source, while not being huge news in itself, is a lot bigger than the prior news we would share here regarding Sony's Summer Plans.

Thank you, mate. Good to know it's still on track. Would love to know when though.

MastaKiiLA

No it didn't, this is from a trusted PS source, the Silent Hill posts were fueled by some random Konami Intern mostly
Just busting your balls, man. You have to admit that there's not actually anything revealed here. Just confirmation of a reveal with no timeline. It's nothing you can really sink your teeth into. We know Sony would reveal something this Summer, as they're bound to have SoPs and other events strewn throughout the year.

DonJorginho

Banned
Just busting your balls, man. You have to admit that there's not actually anything revealed here. Just confirmation of a reveal with no timeline. It's nothing you can really sink your teeth into. We know Sony would reveal something this Summer, as they're bound to have SoPs and other events strewn throughout the year.
Of course there's not, I've always been open about that.

HOWEVER, this is the most trusted source that has commented on/teased a Sony summer presence.

And whilst me and you know there would be something this summer, some on here genuinely are thinking we won't get anything so this was more for them, clarification if you will.

That must be the single worst fail ive seen this year.

Even worse than the Tour de france one

Tour De France Oops GIF

This wasn't a fail at all, I was always upfront about what I was sharing. You only have yourself to blame for expecting a 4chan info dump style post.

Those kind of leaks are rarely real, at least this small tease/confirmation is from a trusted Sony source, which is more than the shite tier Twitter account I see get 10+ Page threads on here.

Thank you, mate. Good to know it's still on track. Would love to know when though.

I haven't got specifics but I'd say due to the sheer amount Sony have to share and how big they're gonna make this presumed event, we could get it late July/early August, once everyone else has had their events. But that's just a theory, a game theory.

supernova8

Banned
Did he even verify that? If that's what he is saying, that would be enough, but as far as I can tell, he hasn't said that. He hasn't said what the inside info is at all, except Sony will "be around".

I wish I could get 5 pages of comments for literally nothing.

LiquidRex

Brief summary:

- Messaged my long time friend who is currently working at Playstation, just general talk, then we started talking summer gaming wise and I tried to get something out of him surrounding a summer event.

- Friend replies with "Regarding PS/PS5 in general, the summer is about to get MUCH better on that front"

- I requested @Mod of War to vet my info and it was successful.

- Made this thread and posted perhaps a little too much info and the Screenshot perhaps could give away his writing style, so I have made this summarised version for all to follow.

For anyone who thinks I have misled or am a fraud for this, I posted this reliable news which is better than anything we have got recently. We at GAF have been feasting off random redditors, twitter users and Roberto fucking Serrano recently, so for me to get a hint like this from an official PS Source, while not being huge news in itself, is a lot bigger than the prior news we would share here regarding Sony's Summer Plans.
PlayStation Legacy titles to be revealed. 🤷‍♂️

CheeseCake

I just hope they are prepping an actual PS5 event and not the good ol' State of Play bullshit.

We just want a Playstation event.... (Hopefully better or on par with Sony's E3 2016 event)

follow me please GIF

HOWEVER, this is the most trusted source that has commented on/teased a Sony summer presence.
The President of the United States is an even bigger source. He ALSO said nothing tangible about upcoming PlayStation news. Should I make a thread?

Summer presence is a nothing term. Please, for the thousandth time say what that means. Of course, they are "present". They're present today, they were present yesterday and they'll be present tomorrow.

If you mean that they'll have a conference or something SAY so. Otherwise, you keep spouting, "my "VERIFIED source" says nothing about Sony.... CONFIRMED!"

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
The President of the United States is an even bigger source. He ALSO said nothing tangible about upcoming PlayStation news. Should I make a thread?

Summer presence is a nothing term. Please, for the thousandth time say what that means. Of course, they are "present". They're present today, they were present yesterday and they'll be present tomorrow.

If you mean that they'll have a conference or something SAY so. Otherwise, you keep spouting, "my "VERIFIED source" says nothing about Sony.... CONFIRMED!"
Look bud, I've explained it enough times, 90% of the people here have understood it, and most of the remaining lot have respected it and have been friendly/humorous despite not fully getting it.

But a few including yourself have just been constantly arsey about it, I can't show the ss and I have explained why, the mods vetted my info and they haven't taken down this/challenged my claims and that's all been explained, I have even explained the little factors here throughout the thread and made a brief summary about it all.

If I get more than enough info that I can freely share and it covers specifics then I'll happily post it up, as things stand (and I can't believe I'm having to explain it to you for the 10445th time) but I was given a friendly tease of a big summer blowout coming from PS from a literal EMPLOYEE, and since then I have had further conversations which have me feeling confident in a summer event occurring.

I hope that explains it enough for you, if it doesn't then feel free to come back with another snarky reply as at least I can put you on the Ignore list.

PS from a literal EMPLOYEE
You keep saying that like anyone is questioning your source. I'm not. No one is. But your source didn't say anything.

The only point of this seems to be to tell us you know one of the thousands of employees who works at Sony. Did you just need an excuse to tell people that?

DonJorginho

Banned
You keep saying that like anyone is questioning your source. I'm not. No one is. But your source didn't say anything.

The only point of this seems to be to tell us you know one of the thousands of employees who works at Sony. Did you just need an excuse to tell people that?
Why would I subject myself to bullshit ridden posts like yours just to let people know I have a friend at Sony? They've been there way before I first came onto NeoGAF so wouldn't I have used that to get myself clout to get well known upon entering an internet forum as a new unknown user?

Of course I didn't do this for that, as clout doesn't mean shit to me and I have said many times I'm no insider or master of news like other "insiders" on here and other sites claim to be.

I genuinely did this to offer clarification that I had available to me luckily, for those on here who genuinely were in doubt of anything big happening this summer, this was an action with only others in mind. You seeing that as the only point when that's something I never even had in mind during this entire ordeal is insane to me. Me knowing an employee at Sony is nothing special, I have never claimed it to be as such, plenty people work at Sony and plenty people know those workers, so it's nothing special.

If anything me doing this has led to me getting the most hate, abuse and grief I've ever had during my time on GAF, so trust me, I did not do this out of self-interest or to brag as there is nothing to brag about.

It seems to me that you just need an excuse to be a prick to people when they don't meet your expectations, I hope everything is okay with you and your loved ones at home and that you're not alone in any ordeal you're currently going through. If this isn't the case then I'm just baffled as to why you've went on a mission to give me abuse and derail a thread with these accusatory comments.

Now I'll be adding you to my ignore list as I've explained myself plenty times, and you're becoming more and more of a cunt with every reasonable and friendly reply I give you, so I won't take your shit any longer.

I hope you are genuinely well, and I wish you and your loved ones a fantastic 2021, take care mate.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m sorry OP but this thread is meaningless to me. I don’t know any more than I did 10 minutes ago and the wording of “something is coming” is so vague that it can’t be wrong. I guess the mods haven’t locked the thread because some info was vetted with them, but as a regular member all I see is a whole lot of nothing.

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm working 4 more weeks... :( But then I have 4 weeks off. I've chosen this myself, I prefer having my vacation later in the summer.
I got 2 weeks and 2 days left, I like having the whole summer off, I got like 20th of July till September 1st so it's pretty chill. Hoping it goes quick leading up to the holiday you booked brother!

Calverz

I just hope they are prepping an actual PS5 event and not the good ol' State of Play bullshit.

We just want a Playstation event.... (Hopefully better or on par with Sony's E3 2016 event)

follow me please GIF
Was that the event where they announced games that would come out 3-4 years later??

nemiroff

Gold Member
This is the weirdest thread.. Op made me feel like I was temporarily insane because I just couldn't spot the damn info, even becoming slightly frantic reading the post up and down thinking there was something wrong with my brain, lol. Not even mad, I feel pranked and thought it was hilarious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom