• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A big summer lays ahead for Playstation on the news front! (have had my info vetted by mods)

DonJorginho

Banned
Have updated OP with a brief summary of the events of this shitshow, if you want to enjoy the little tidbit of info I had to give from a trusted source, that's entirely up to you.

Hope you guys are having a great day.

Oh and Mod of War Mod of War forget the tempban request, I ain't going nowhere.

Kanye West GIF by TIME

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Have updated OP with a brief summary of the events of this shitshow, if you want to enjoy the little tidbit of info I had to give from a trusted source, that's entirely up to you.

Hope you guys are having a great day.

Oh and Mod of War Mod of War forget the tempban request, I ain't going nowhere.

Kanye West GIF by TIME
I would not honor it. Embrace the pain; feed off the pain; control the pain; the pain is now yours; the pain will do your bidding. Unleash the pain!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Please be an ass instead.

An ass wouldn't be able to manipulate a smart phone and then I wouldn't be able to get words of encouragement from my fellow GAFers like you, good sir or madame.

On topic, like...it's cool that Sony is like...planning on doing stuff. I mean, I kind of already figured, being a company and all. I'm not belittling, I only currently own PS3 and PS4 consoles, anyway. Hit me up when SH or FFXVI drop.

DonJorginho

Banned
An ass wouldn't be able to manipulate a smart phone and then I wouldn't be able to get words of encouragement from my fellow GAFers like you, good sir or madame.

On topic, like...it's cool that Sony is like...planning on doing stuff. I mean, I kind of already figured, being a company and all. I'm not belittling, I only currently own PS3 and PS4 consoles, anyway. Hit me up when SH or FFXVI drop.
I'm only joshing around mate, maybe a smartass could work their way around a phone though :messenger_winking:

Nah man I get it ain't the biggest news, just some people genuinely thought there would be nothing (somehow lol), so this is a reassuring tidbit.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm only joshing around mate, maybe a smartass could work their way around a phone though :messenger_winking:

Nah man I get it ain't the biggest news, just some people genuinely thought there would be nothing (somehow lol), so this is a reassuring tidbit.

Yeah, I mean any news is good news. I haven't lucked into a PS5 yet, myself, but I'm very eager to see where development on it goes as we get closer to the end of cross gen titles. Slowly.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I am confused, there is absolutely no info in op, what have mods verified?

DonJorginho

Banned
I am confused, there is absolutely no info in op, what have mods verified?
Screenshots between me and the friend (source) and their links to PS.

Took down the screenshots from the OP post due to them giving away writing habits of the source, obvious reasons as to why I am not showing his info here too.

Last edited:
Nah man I get it ain't the biggest
My only issue with this, is unless I'm still not understanding you, is it isn't small news. It's no news. Or at least so non-specific that there is literally no way you could be wrong, no matter what happens.

If you would have said, "Sony will tweet about the future of a game this month", or "Sony will have a State of Play involving indies", that would have been small news. "Sony will have some a presence this summer" doesn't mean anything. At all.

I feel like if you can either admit that or clarify more specifically what info you actually have, no matter how small, we could all move on. Otherwise, it's like a "psychic" telling someone, "I sense there is someone in your life who is important to you". It means nothing.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
My only issue with this, is unless I'm still not understanding you, is it isn't small news. It's no news. Or at least so non-specific that there is literally no way you could be wrong, no matter what happens.

If you would have said, "Sony will tweet about the future of a game this month", or "Sony will have a State of Play involving indies", that would have been small news. "Sony will have some a presence this summer" doesn't mean anything. At all.

I feel like if you can either admit that or clarify more specifically what info you actually have, no matter how small, we could all move on. Otherwise, it's like a "psychic" telling someone, "I sense there is someone in your life who is important to you". It means nothing.
That legit is the DM I got.

I have always said, no specifics, no info on games and dates, just the fact that someone who actually works for Sony and ain't a 4Chan/Reddit poster has said that the summer will be big for PS5 News, and the fact I was talking to him on a summer event before he sent that is what I am thinking he was alluding to.

This isn't meant to be a post to create me some insider cred, I am NOT an insider, I just got a nice hint that something is happening this summer from someone who is 100000% trustworthy.

That's why there is nothing exact I can give you, and I am not posting the DM publicly due to people rightfully saying it could be easily tracked via writing styles to the source I am friends with. And you have to understand due to their role they won't give me specifics, as that is just stupid, regardless of your relationship with said person you're talking with.

I hope that offers a finite explanation, safe to say I wouldn't have had this thread made in the first place if the mods weren't happy with what I presented.

Derktron

Banned
Hahaha Sony doesn't have money to save so many devs, but at least 5 or 6 for now they can. Housemarque and Nixxes, I expect more 3 and 4.

Let me dream, man.
Haha, it's okay to dream what could be possible. We as gamers are in a good position right now cause of the way gaming is heading...........Well in some way that is.

Kerotan

I don't need an insider to tell me we'll be getting news soon. It's obvious and we already got the ghost news recently.

DonJorginho

Banned
literally this

"Hey I've got vetted info and.. here's my info!"...

Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by Parks and Recreation
The mods thought it was enough, and whether you like it or not my post has been the most concrete proof we're getting something this summer.

(by proof I mean the sources it's come from, that's the key part that you and a few other people seem to be not getting)

Hahaha Sony doesn't have money to save so many devs, but at least 5 or 6 for now they can. Housemarque and Nixxes, I expect more 3 and 4.

Let me dream, man.

Sending a $100 to Sony as I have been hearing everywhere that they are poorer than dirt. Fragile, little Sony...😏
Back to the topic at hand. Thanks OP. You were kind enough to bring the good news to the readers, only to receive shit for it. Advice for the wise: the gaming community stinks, for the most part...

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Could be that they have seen this working really well, people like Surprises.

I can just say it works on me, I'm really hyped.

It's worked on me BIG TIME by Sony in the past too. I think I just hate the fact that they are doing this during E3 season. Like if Sony is going to do this, why not deliver right after E3? If they are going to wait until August then that really sucks.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I’ve lost nothing reading that but I’ve also gained nothing.

Nintendo was still doing smaller specific directs those years though with games generally be released a couple months after announcement like when they announced the Mario 3D all-stars during a surprise Mario anniversary direct and released the game like two months later.

Sony just had a smaller show like one month ago too.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
,_
_,..._ ,d$$ccc_
d$$$$$$hc$$$$$$$$h.
,d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$O$$$.
,$$$$h$$$$$FF$$$$$$$$$|
,d$$$$$h$$F;' `F$$;':?$'
d$$F?$$$F' ',c. +'
d$$h c$$h $$$$'|
d$$$h $$F' `' ' |
$$$$$L `',-. ,`. |
$$$$$$h .' ` | |
d$$$$$$ | O ' `.
$$$$$F | O , __. , | |
Y$FF' ,' ' )" |_|
;"' "' __/ |'
|,`. / , |
| | .'`--..-' |
`. ` (.___,/ |
`._,. \ .' |
\ \_,' |
\ /
`. /
`-....-'​

Last edited:

yurinka

Brief summary:

- Messaged my long time friend who is currently working at Playstation, just general talk, then we started talking summer gaming wise and I tried to get something out of him surrounding a summer event.

- Friend replies with "Regarding PS/PS5 in general, the summer is about to get MUCH better on that front"

- I requested Mod of War Mod of War to vet my info and it was successful.

- Made this thread and posted perhaps a little too much info and the Screenshot perhaps could give away his writing style, so I have made this summarised version for all to follow.

For anyone who thinks I have misled or am a fraud for this, I posted this reliable news which is better than anything we have got recently. We at GAF have been feasting off random redditors, twitter users and Roberto fucking Serrano recently, so for me to get a hint like this from an official PS Source, while not being huge news in itself, is a lot bigger than the prior news we would share here regarding Sony's Summer Plans.
You talk about "the Screenshot" but there is no screenshot in the OP. You only mention "Regarding PS/PS5 in general, the summer is about to get MUCH better on that front", which means nothing.

Maybe he OP originally featured some screenshots but got taken down due to bandith or something like that?

Can you say something maybe without being too specific? Like "yes, my friend confirmed that there is a big Sony summer event coming" or "more cool acquisitions to be announced soon" (as would be the confirmation of Bluepoint and Arc System Works) or "top betas coming for this summer in addition to the CoD now", or "Blue Box is not a random indie folk, there's someone big behind them" or "a big unannounced 1st party game will be released this summer in addition to both Director's Cuts".

Again, so sorry if anyone was misled, was never my intention, just wanted people to know that TRUSTED sources were hinting at summer blowouts/happenings in a time of radio silence from trusted individuals.

I might go request a temp ban as feel like an idiot for posting this lmao but you have to understand I only meant this in a good way and to benefit others, also this message just got me really excited so I jumped my gun, my apologies again, you all have a great day wherever you're at 🥂
C'mon, no need to ban xD

Last edited:

SilentUser

Oh wow, I am impressed by the amount of bitter users here (no, this message is not aimed to anyone specific).

On topic, thank you for sharing the info. There aren't any official news on a summer event coming soon, only the rumors. And now you are sharing the info you got saying it will happen, so thanks again. Hopefully it won't take long to happen, I'm really needing some new PS games to be excited for the future again 😊

Also, FFXVI PLEAAAASE!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Oh wow, I am impressed by the amount of bitter users here (no, this message is not aimed to anyone specific).

On topic, thank you for sharing the info. There aren't any official news on a summer event coming soon, only the rumors. And now you are sharing the info you got saying it will happen, so thanks again. Hopefully it won't take long to happen, I'm really needing some new PS games to be excited for the future again 😊

Also, FFXVI PLEAAAASE!

If a mod felt this was worthy of a thread, then, it’s worthy of a thread. End of story. If people felt this thread wasn’t worth their time, posting in it and keeping it alive goes against that point.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The mods thought it was enough, and whether you like it or not my post has been the most concrete proof we're getting something this summer.

(by proof I mean the sources it's come from, that's the key part that you and a few other people seem to be not getting)
Ignore the tossers, thanks for sharing your info mate. And COME ON ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Top Bottom