• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Few New NeoGAF Updates - Updated Mentions, Change Your Username, and More

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Hello everyone!

Today we have a few new features for NeoGAF. Let's get right into it.

First of all, we've updated user mentions so that they now have a small thumbnail with the user's avatar as well as will be color coordinated for the user status (gold for NeoGAF Gold members, red for moderators, etc). It looks like this

VQtbq5b.png

Secondly, we've added the ability for users to request user name changes from their Account Details page. At the top of the page you will see your current username and a button next to it that says "Change". If you click this button, you'll be given a form where you can request a username change.

oLk4Ll6.png

A0dTyA1.png

This request will be sent to our moderators for approval. In the past we've handled this via PMs to individual mods who then had to forward these requests to admins for processing. This should streamline the process pretty considerably.

You'll receive a site notification if your request is approved or denied. Once approved, you'll be given a custom title for 30 days that says "Formally (old_username)" so that others won't be confused and will know who you are.

Finally, an update for NeoGAF Gold Members.

If you're a NeoGAF Gold member, you can go to your Preferences page and set the following preferences:

q3gEsOf.png

This will control the number of posts you see on each page when viewing a thread, or the number of threads you'll see per page when viewing the thread index. Simply change the values here to your desired number and hit "Save" at the bottom of the page.

As always, let us know what you think!

I’ve seen a little weasel change their name and avatar lately to try and be a new person. I see you

You're just sad you'll always be the same old Cunth.

Think of all the memes that would die if you change your username! Don't do it!

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
This will control the number of posts you see on each page when viewing a thread, or the number of threads you'll see per page when viewing the thread index. Simply change the values here to your desired number and hit "Save" at the bottom of the page.
That's like paid dlc! We had this feature for free for a decade ;(.

Good new features overall.

Saber

Gold Member
The member mentioning looks like an interesting feature.

I can't say much about Gold since I'm not one myself, but as long it helps I welcome the changes.

Nice work and keep going.

TLZ

Banned
Why is something as simple as posts per thread is only for gold members? It's not that special :messenger_confused:

Rodolink

Maybe is a stupid quetsion but I cant find a way to delete all the quotes I wantED to quote. for example I was reading and tapping on quotes and then I thought better and want to discard all quotes. (on a mobile device is a pain to delete all quotes) is that possible?

Also can you make the ad containers a little bit smaller? they are huge.

Anyways, great changes staff! thanks and cheers!

Top Bottom