• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Halogaf Community Thread: The Old Becomes New

Playing through ODST on MCC, the percent of people that got the completion achievements on the missions is really low, doesn't look like a lot of people bought the DLC. They shoulda repackaged the collection and resold it at retail as a complete edition or whatever.

SpartanN92

Banned
Finally finished Shadows of Reach... meh.
I liked the throw backs to The First Strike but beyond that it seems like a waste of a book.

Finally finished Shadows of Reach... meh.
I liked the throw backs to The First Strike but beyond that it seems like a waste of a book.
I just haven't been captivated by this book in the first 30% of reading it. I'm actually struggling to even pick it up, I suppose that's much like playing Halo these days. There's just better things out there.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Almost nine years ago, stats and files from our previous franchise, Halo, stopped getting updated on Bungie.net. Since then, all stats, files, and other data from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach have lived on in remembrance at halo.bungie.net.

On February 9, the halo.bungie.net website will be taken offline permanently. Everyone is welcome to save their stats and files, however they can, if they'd like to save anything. Please keep in mind that our News articles, Forums, and Groups were imported into the current version of Bungie.net back in 2013.

Good for Joe, good for Halo. Wonder when we're going to get some looks at anything Infinite, another month down in 2021 already.
Well, this just came out.

Nothing too huge in it though. I don't think we'll be hearing/seeing anything too substantial until the next big gaming event... whenever that it.

Well, this just came out.

Nothing too huge in it though. I don't think we'll be hearing/seeing anything too substantial until the next big gaming event... whenever that it.
Thanks. Yep, sandbox design mantra for this update and more audio next update. We're not seeing shit for another 2-3 months at least.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

EtkzrMrVgAMRrBg
EtkzsZYVEAAg1CD

Probably something unrelated to the games. Didn't they say Infinite would be the last Halo game for the next 10 years? (Not that I believe it will actually happen as pretty much every single developer who's trotted out that line has failed spectacularly.)

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's nothing.

pfjOat0.png

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
How the hell is H1 Swatnums still in h5 ranked swat????? It’s a completely different gametype

4 of my last 5 placement matches were fucking H1 Swatnums. Holy hell I just want to play swat

Last edited:
I'm okay with no Halo Wars 3 if it means we get FPS spin-offs like Reach. We better get something besides Infinite next gen, one game for 10 years is gonna suck, I don't care if it gets DLC.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I miss playing Halo 3 Custom Games. Heard about the Custom Browser coming to MCC soon, and feeling very jealous of Xbox and PC Players.

Going to have to pick up a Series S one day when I have some spare cash.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
You can grapple onto banshees
You can grapple weapons off the ground
You can shoot the wheels of a warthog and pop em.
That is going to make for some interesting clips online, I can already see it. Grappling a sniper and then popping someone for example. The talented Halo players will do some incredible stuff with it.

I've seen some people worried about how the grappling hook will affect gameplay but I'm not really concerned - as long as it's just a map pickup, which thankfully they say it is. If it was something everyone could just spawn with then I could see it being a clusterfuck.

Customs browser is a good addition to MCC, again while I say thanks it really is the sort of thing that should have been there since launch all along.

Infinite has a lot to live up to at launch. I'm not sticking with Halo if it's 5 years of trickle GaaS features that IMO should be the launch base GaaS works from.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Customs browser is a good addition to MCC, again while I say thanks it really is the sort of thing that should have been there since launch all along.

Infinite has a lot to live up to at launch. I'm not sticking with Halo if it's 5 years of trickle GaaS features that IMO should be the launch base GaaS works from.
343 really dropped the ball with MCC on Launch, but it's finally at the stage it should have been years ago. I feel they have recovered well. I honestly was not expecting it to be supported for so long, it has got better treatment than Halo 5 I feel like. When the custom browser launches, I have a feeling it will blow-up in popularity. It's a big selling point for Halo.

II_JumPeR_I

Ooooh get ready for that

I don't think they should make it a service game but sadly it is a service game. They already said more weapons will come post launch which I disagree with, that should be in there in the first place.

Andodalf

Banned
I don't think they should make it a service game but sadly it is a service game. They already said more weapons will come post launch which I disagree with, that should be in there in the first place.

So delay the entire game? Or are you against them adding post launch and think they should just give up if it isn't ready by launch? In the past games always had stuff not make it be left on the cutting room floor. Do you just want them to sit half finished in the code till modders finish them?

So delay the entire game? Or are you against them adding post launch and think they should just give up if it isn't ready by launch? In the past games always had stuff not make it be left on the cutting room floor. Do you just want them to sit half finished in the code till modders finish them?
I know in the past games had to cut stuff out but the difference now is that this is a service game where before it wasn't. I am sure you noticed many games releasing unfinished or lacking tons of content that is expected as a minimum for a game.

stickkidsam

Gold Member
Yo anybody else notice that they nerfed Cortana's "data sets" in Halo: Guardians? I thought it was just the crappy suit she was wearing but in the opening cutscene you can see she doesn't even look naked when looking at Halsey, and that's with the Halo 4 design. Halo 5's campaign continues to shock me with its oppressive lack of flavor.

Yo anybody else notice that they nerfed Cortana's "data sets" in Halo: Guardians? I thought it was just the crappy suit she was wearing but in the opening cutscene you can see she doesn't even look naked when looking at Halsey, and that's with the Halo 4 design. Halo 5's campaign continues to shock me with its oppressive lack of flavor.

Rated T for Teen. Fuck I wish Halo would grow the fuck up. Stuck in kiddy-ville when your core audience has matured 20 years.

Meanwhile COD and Apex are dishing our shit, fuck, Ken Oath (Aussie for fucking oath).

stickkidsam

Gold Member
Rated T for Teen. Fuck I wish Halo would grow the fuck up. Stuck in kiddy-ville when your core audience has matured 20 years.

Meanwhile COD and Apex are dishing our shit, fuck, Ken Oath (Aussie for fucking oath).
lol always good to learn more about culture from down undah.

It's incredible how Halo 5 can feel so toothless when one of the OG characters turns into space Stalin. I still can't believe that we had something as exciting as Hunt the Truth, only for everything to flop so hard. I remember people's theories were all over and it was so juicy, yet now? Now I don't hear shit about Infinite's story. It's all about gameplay because that's pretty much all anyone is willing to hope for.

It doesn't need to be dark; I mean no more than the original Halos were anyway. Just, let there be some humanity in there! Ironic how what they've done to Cortana only makes that harder. What little personality Chief had through the games was highlighted well by her quick wit and flirtatiousness. Now everyone's so dry and there's not a hint of romance. At the very least Infinite seems to have a sense of humor... so that's nice.

So steadfast in fact that she resolutely and without question betrayed everything she and Chief fought to protect. Amazing.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

The Covenant Blood needs to glow more, like in Halo CE. It just looked cool, like Predator blood.

Back on the characters in 343 Halo games, 343 has a knack for making unlikable characters, which is the complete opposite of characters made by Bungie.

I don't know why this keeps happening to me but clips of MCC from xbox go dark and can't be see for replays. Sucks too pulled a Killing Frenzy, two overkills and an exterm in this one clip. Anyone know how to fix it so MCC doesn't do this mega-dark recording?

I don't know why this keeps happening to me but clips of MCC from xbox go dark and can't be see for replays. Sucks too pulled a Killing Frenzy, two overkills and an exterm in this one clip. Anyone know how to fix it so MCC doesn't do this mega-dark recording?

i haven't made a clip in ages. Normally though I'd upload whatever clip i had saved to youtube first, and then link the youtube clip in neogaf instead. Is that what you normally do? I'm guessing the original clip is dark, so that's a bummer.

Edit: Oh wow. The clip you uploaded showed up as a failed advertisement which had been removed. But after i quoted your post, i can see the dark video now. Interesting, but not sure how to fix it.

Last edited:
i haven't made a clip in ages. Normally though I'd upload whatever clip i had saved to youtube first, and then link the youtube clip in neogaf instead. Is that what you normally do?

I just use the xbox double tap record last 1 minute feature. The GamerDVR grabs directly from the Xbox API. The clip is stuffed on my local Xbox from its direct record as well. I read something about a bug when you switch between games you can get a dark recording but I haven't had this bug in months. No upload or anything, the local Xbox OS record is dark to begin with.

I just use the xbox double tap record last 1 minute feature. The GamerDVR grabs directly from the Xbox API. The clip is stuffed on my local Xbox from its direct record as well. I read something about a bug when you switch between games you can get a dark recording but I haven't had this bug in months. No upload or anything, the local Xbox OS record is dark to begin with.
That sucks... I wish I was more tech saavy.

Vasto Vasto is keeping it real on the gaming side with the latest community update: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/new-...night-cycle-dynamic-weather-and-more.1595849/
  • Some new tidibits of info about Infinite

Hooray for Halo!

Top Bottom