• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Forge Map Playlist added to official matchmaking. Live now.

Naked Lunch

Halo Infinite - Forge Map Playlist added to official matchmaking.
Live now.

This basically opens the doors for a limitless amount of maps to matchmaking.
The opening set choices are really damn good too. And Season 3 drops at the start of March.
I feel like the Infinte gameplay is good enough to sustain the Halo multiplayer faithful. The game always needed more content and the floodgates have finally been opened.
u6IR1bu.jpg

...on the cusp of Season 3, we’re answering the highly requested call to bring community-made Forge maps to their own unique matchmaking playlist.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Played on the Damnation remake map today and it was pretty fun. Kinda weird when the rocket launcher, sniper rifle, overshield and camo all spawn at the same time now.

jaysius

Banned
How you split your already dwindling community into infinitely small pieces.

It's a great idea, but as other's have said, it'd be nice to see some new 343 Halo maps, or hell, they could make some old ones in Forge now and give us those.

Lasha

It's a great idea, but as other's have said, it'd be nice to see some new 343 Halo maps, or hell, they could make some old ones in Forge now and give us those.

Its the featured playlist above quick play. I reckon most people are giving it a try since it counts for the event.

The maps themselves are fire. They skew closer to Halo's roots with asymmetry and lots of vertical game play. I am appalled that the community could bang out such good maps using forge while 343 gave us dogshit like launch site.

Ozriel

M$FT
as dead as Halo's reputation.

Dumb thing to say, given the context of this thread.

How about make some real maps of your own 343

There’s a Season 3 coming next month with dev made maps and new modes.
After giving 343 tons of grief for shipping Forge late, No reason to keep complaining about the feature when it lands

BabyYoda

Banned
Great, now the mp has around 50% of the content it should've had on launch day...the sp will remain 10% of what was promised I guess.

Yeah I've become jaded about Halo!

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I've been very critical of including forge maps in matchmaking in the past - they look bad, hard to get a sense of location until you know the geometry, always lesser than the official maps.

These forge maps are different - if I didn't know, I'd assume they were created by developers. They look and play great.

The guys who worked on Forge to make it capable of delivering maps as well realized deserve some credit, they've done a great job.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
We know. You take pains to come into Halo threads to inform everyone you’re done with the franchise.
Pain is the word. I guess I hold out some hope that things might be turned around eventually, I have a little fools hope you could say.

ByWatterson

Is this a good time to point out that shop items have been pretty great lately, and if you game Microsoft Rewards you can build up enough to make them regularly free?

Kvally

Banned
You can tell the people who have no idea what they are talking about and all they know about Halo Infinite is through the headlines of doom and gloom articles/threads.

Halo Infinite’s issues has never been about player count you retard.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Should have had that day one. I might come back now.

But forge maps... Aren't they just edits of maps already in the game, or can you actually craft a whole new map from scratch?

Sybrix

Played a few games, this addition is so good.

The maps are so fun, the ones ive played so far.

This it the best update 343i have done for this game since it launched, so refreshing to see as usually its cosmetic crap.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
From scratch. Originals. Remakes from other eras.

It's the most powerful level design tool ever, at least this side of Dreams.
That's cool.

Tried the forge in halo 3 I think and from what I remember it was only possible to put stuff on existing maps.

ByWatterson

Too bad I don't play it

Fixed.

You cannot trust those "charts" Microsoft put out on their store of "most played", of course they are going to keep Halo at the top of it consistantley, it's their flagship title

Can I trust single-digit seconds wait times? Actually, wait Big Team Battle last night at midnight was 11 seconds for me. Dead game.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Pain is the word. I guess I hold out some hope that things might be turned around eventually, I have a little fools hope you could say.

And now they’ve added some content that’s well received by the community, how did you react?

You cannot trust those "charts" Microsoft put out on their store of "most played", of course they are going to keep Halo at the top of it consistantley, it's their flagship title

Tinfoil Hat GIF by The Tick

anthony2690

Banned
Should have had that day one. I might come back now.

But forge maps... Aren't they just edits of maps already in the game, or can you actually craft a whole new map from scratch?
Brand new maps, 3 of the 4 in rotation are excellent too!

The one with the teleporter is sadly terrible.

anthony2690

Banned
Y

Salvation? The Damnation remake?
Is that the one with the teleporter with a sniper on the other side?

I just struggle to navigate the damn map haha 😂

And just seems like it is like 3 or 4 different floor levels?

Maybe more time with the map would change my mind, but not a fan so far.

Last edited:

vj27

Banned
Y

Salvation? The Damnation remake?
I honestly feel bad for people not spawning on the upper right side without the teleporter because the second I spawn I just run and grab active, kill everyone coming through the teleporter and below, grab sniper rifle, go invisible then kill whomever picked up rockets (the one weapon there closer to) lol. It’s one sided depending on where you spawn.

Naked Lunch

All these dipshits that clog up Halo threads with their trolling nonsense time and time again need to be permabanned.
Enough already. Half of this thread is beyond silly - childish.

With more playtime - im actually not a fan of half of these first community choices. Some of the designs are very messy - but the Halo 1 map remake is great. Luckily the Forge playlist is said to be permanent and will get a constant rotation of new maps.
If you havent - try the two 343 created forge maps from Nov 2022 update "Argyle" and "Detachment" - they are some of the best 343 has made to date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom