• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Lego Sonic the Hedgehog set has seemingly leaked ahead of an official reveal

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The set, which is listed for resale on popular online marketplace Mercado Libre, appears to recreate the iconic Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog, complete with gold rings and Dr. Robotnik.

The set is part of the Lego Ideas brand, which allows fans to create their own dream brick sets and submit them to the Lego website for approval. If sets receive over 10,000 votes, they are then considered for release as a real product.

Saber

Gold Member
Robotnick looks a bit weird. But the rest is pretty solid. I like the power-up boxes, motobug and the crab.

The Nintendo Lego is absolute trash, the fig size etc, should of just been minifig. Never seen Lego get discontinued then put on sale because it won’t sell regardless. Never been so disappointed after their initial reveal, can only think Nintendo wanted that game style.

This actually looks dope, can’t wait.
The Lego NES and the SM64 ?-Block are great sets, absolute joys to build.

The rest of the Lego Mario, though... meh. Obviously made for kids though.

JimmyF

The Nintendo Lego is absolute trash, the fig size etc, should of just been minifig. Never seen Lego get discontinued then put on sale because it won’t sell regardless. Never been so disappointed after their initial reveal, can only think Nintendo wanted that game style.

This actually looks dope, can’t wait.
Yes I agree, my friend bought the Mario sets for his sons. They look really poor the set barely resembles a Mario level.
This Sonic set looks really good very recognizable, if I had kids I'd probably buy it for them.

Allforce

This looks great, like a proper Lego display set. The Mario sets minus that cool Question Block set were really disappointing, like a Duplo set and there was like 20 of them and felt like a shitty cash grab.

Allforce

You weren't the audience. My 6yo is. He loves em.
Yeah I know and they threw a bone out with that Question Block set. My kid was 9 when they dropped and big time into LEGO and Mario and even he was "meh" on the sets. He'd rather had something more meaty at that point but fair enough, they're probably great starter sets geared towards kids and push for more variety in play instead of just "Build This And Done".

Doom85

Unpopular opinion: all these super hero/ movie/ game collaboration sets are terrible.

Nah, my friend has the Scooby Doo sets and the Winnie the Pooh set, they look fucking sick.

Also, I definitely want that Seinfeld set.

And it’s not like they stop making original sets. Hell, I love the look of those recent Monkie Kid sets.

BlackTron

My set is on the way from Lego and I'm hyped. Before checkout I looked at other stuff on sale and they had this pack of extra food shaped parts for three bucks. I tossed it in because it had a piece that should have been in this set to begin with...

Hot dogs in a bun. Sonic needs his chili-dogs.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I like it, but I think the loop should be bigger.

Make sure after you build take some pics and post in out Lego community thread.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We got the Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone LEGO Set! Check out this quick unboxing video going over everything included before we start to piece it all together!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sonic builds the brand new LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog™ – Green Hill Zone Set 21331 Probably my favorite animation so far!! This was a lot of fun and took a lot of time, hope you like it!

Batiman

Banned
Sucks my son grew out of lego. We have a massive collection and I miss building these with him. One day I’ll get the Death Star set for myself. One day…

Top Bottom