• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A moment to reflect.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
To the recent events of the Death of Akira Toriyama.

We have to reflect and take advantage of the talents that we still have in the entertainment industry, I start to think that there are still great personalities like Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Kōji Kondō, Hideo Kojima, Keiichiro Toyama, Yūji Horii.

So you have to take advantage of them, because life is not assured by anyone.

It's like the Case of the Ghostbusters, there was the opportunity to make a third movie, which was too late due to the death of Harold Ramis and there the franchise began to decline.

The same thing happened, that many desired sequels like Crono Trigger will no longer be seen, It is time for companies to take advantage and not postpone projects that can still be carried out...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I honestly don’t know what I’m gonna do when Miyamoto passes away. Ever since I was a kid, I looked up to him and I had the goal of meeting him. When I finally got to meet him at E3 and exchange a few words, it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. When I was in the hospital with leukemia and my oncologist gave me a <20% chance of survival, my literal response to him was “well, hey, at least I got to meet Miyamoto.”

Iwata’s death hit a lot harder than I expected. I’m probably gonna be depressed for weeks once Miyamoto passes.

Good thing this is entirely irrelevant because we all know he, and all of our other heroes, will live forever.

Last edited:
I like the fact that for a small time, the internet collectively put down their pitchforks and put away their soapboxes to all mourn a very, very influential human being.

For a while it was genuinely nice to see.

I think GAF will have to take at least a week off in remembrance of this great man once his time comes to pass.
OIP.XnCxmV4R6jB4Jy6eYdc9BwHaEK

Sometime in the very distant future I mean.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I honestly don’t know what I’m gonna do when Miyamoto passes away. Ever since I was a kid, I looked up to him and I had the goal of meeting him. When I finally got to meet him at E3 and exchange a few words, it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. When I was in the hospital with leukemia and my oncologist gave me a <20% chance of survival, my literal response to him was “well, hey, at least I got to meet Miyamoto.”

Iwata’s death hit a lot harder than I expected. I’m probably gonna be depressed for weeks once Miyamoto passes.

Good thing this is entirely irrelevant because we all know he, and all of our other heroes, will live forever.
I would advise living your life to the fullest extent and not worship the ground of someone you don't know.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think GAF will have to take at least a week off in remembrance of this great man once his time comes to pass.
OIP.XnCxmV4R6jB4Jy6eYdc9BwHaEK

Sometime in the very distant future I mean.
I doubt he will leave unless forced out. He has pretty much no chance of landing a better gig than the one he has now. He might have to work somewhere that forces him to deliver results.

Top Bottom