• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Starfield exclusive on Xbox Series X|S and PC - "none of that has or will change"

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Zannegan

And yet there's still the "launching exclusively" loophole that will drive some conspiracy theorists insane. Maybe they want to keep their options open, but it just seems cruel at this point not to shut the door more firmly.

Also, "has or will change" is itching my grammar brain.

I highly doubt Xbox will put new IP from Bethesda on PlayStation, especially in the 1st year of the games release.

But I get a sense that they don't seem very sure which is why they won't just come out and say "everything will be exclusive". I think Phil is waiting to see how things play out with Xbox in these next 2 years before committing completely to the idea of making everything exclusive.

MOTM

Banned
Starfield will be an launching exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on November 11, 2022. - So PlayStation at a later date? Thanks for clearing that up, Aaron.
:messenger_beaming:

Wouldn't that be Elder Scrolls VI?
I mean impact wise on gaming, popular culture etc the same way Skyrim did.

I say that because they put TESVI on the back burner for this knowing it would be the game that would define their next gen of games. Hell it even looks like they’ve shelved Fallout for a bit for Starfield.

Zannegan

People still try to cope I see. What does Aaron need to say to make it more clear then this?
"Coming to Xbox as a lifetime console exclusive" or something to that effect, or just "Not coming to Playstation, ever." *shrug*

Microsoft has kind of trained people to be skeptical with their "Launch Exclusive," "Console Exclusive," etc. tags of E3s past. Combine that with some fans' desperate hopes, and people are going to hear what they want to hear.

yurinka

Yep, we knew at some future Zenimax games would be console exclusives, other would be multi and other ones timed console exclusives.

Starfield seems it's going to be a console exclusive, but who knows if it will end being a timed console exclusive. If it's the case, they won't mention it until at least a few months after release, and we're still pretty far from release.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

"Coming to Xbox as a lifetime console exclusive" or something to that effect, or just "Not coming to Playstation, ever." *shrug*

Microsoft has kind of trained people to be skeptical with their "Launch Exclusive," "Console Exclusive," etc. tags of E3s past. Combine that with some fans' desperate hopes, and people are going to hear what they want to hear.

It's extremely smart marketing to not close the door for a full 100% though, that 0.01% chance keeps the people talking and discussing about your brand and that is essentially what you want as a marketing guy, keep the brand in the spotlights as much as possible. Greenberg + team are experts in that good or bad doesn't matter.

yurinka

It's Aaron, and we know how MS and Sony have been many times with many timed exclusives.

We know the game was originally made as multiplatform. But obviously, even if it would be a timed exclusive and don't want to announced it for now, they would have paused the PS version related development (a minor part of a big ass project like this one) and would be focusing on Xbox and PC versions until release, leaving the PS porting for later.

Top Bottom