• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AccountNGT: PlayStation news could come within a few hours, according to his source

its not early access its the full game on the day of release on Gamepass. no idea where your getting your info from
if you are to be an MS fanboy you should at least know their products:

Extract:
Q: When is the release date for Forza Horizon 5?
A: The Forza Horizon 5 Standard Digital/Disk and Deluxe Digital Editions release on November 9th, 2021.

The Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition Early Access begins on November 5th, 2021 for all platforms. Early Access begins on November 5th, 2021 for Xbox Game Pass members, Standard Digital or Deluxe Digital Edition owners as part of the Premium Add-Ons Bundle for separate purchase on Xbox and Windows.

sassy bullshit GIF by Juan Billy

Not day and date, this is a lie... obviously you can twist it in your mind saying "early access is not called release date" to which I say, regular paying clients can access your thing, your thing is released.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Extract:
A: The Forza Horizon 5 Standard Digital/Disk and Deluxe Digital Editions release on November 9th, 2021.

The Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition Early Access begins on November 5th, 2021 for all platforms. Early Access begins on November 5th, 2021 for Xbox Game Pass members, Standard Digital or Deluxe Digital Edition owners as part of the Premium Add-Ons Bundle for separate purchase on Xbox and Windows.

Not day and date, this is a lie... obviously you can twist it in your mind saying "early access is not called release date" to which I say, regular paying clients can access your thing, your thing is released.

This is a very weak argument.

Plenty of games do the 'get the more expensive version to play game x days early'. That does not mean that the publisher lied about the games general release date.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
why, did people who are on Game Pass got to play with the other in the end?

What even is your argument here.

Forza Horizon 5 was available for every game pass subscriber to play on day 1 of the games release date as promised.

People who paid extra got an earlier access for it, a few days before the release date.

I'm having a hard time understanding the problem with this easily distinguishable difference. Please explain.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo

Extract:

One game has done that. Halo was day one, forza 4 was day one and all the other games were day one.

I own both consoles and like than both but spreading Fud like your doing is just silly

One game has done that. Halo was day one, forza 4 was day one and all the other games were day one.

I own both consoles and like than both but spreading Fud like your doing is just silly
yes, never gonna happen again?

GRID legend is scheduled to have that as well.

So we shall see how it turns out, but with Phil bragging that players end up spending up to 50% more on gaming in the end that means that DLC/Early access/misc ways to charge you are only going to be pushed more and more (not that I expect Sony to do better on this... just see GT7 and the MP of their games).

If it lie like a politician call it a politician!
White Flag I Give Up GIF by Film Riot

phil_t98

#SonyToo
yes, never gonna happen again?

GRID legend is scheduled to have that as well.

So we shall see how it turns out, but with Phil bragging that players end up spending up to 50% more on gaming in the end that means that DLC/Early access/misc ways to charge you are only going to be pushed more and more (not that I expect Sony to do better on this... just see GT7 and the MP of their games).

If it lie like a politician call it a politician!
White Flag I Give Up GIF by Film Riot

is Grid legend a Microsoft studio game? no idea why you brought that up

again you have one game where the ultimate version launched several days earlier than the normal version. but if you purchased the add on to get the ultimate version you could play the gamepass version on day one because you had got the add on so it was still there day one

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Basically is a rebrand, relaunch and merging of both Sony game subscripitions into a single service, expanding them with additional improvements and extra content on top.

The bolded to me means it's not a rebrand. If it was only going to be combining PS+ and PSNow........I'd agree.

yurinka

The bolded to me means it's not a rebrand. If it was only going to be combining PS+ and PSNow........I'd agree.
Obviously it isn't only a rebrand, has many other changes and additions. At the core it is a rebranding and rework of PS Now merging it into the more popular sub PS Plus to use PS Now stuff as bait to upsell PS Plus subs into more expensive tiers.

But they added new stuff like:
-Adding PS Plus and the demos to PS Now
-Cheaper pricing to own both PS Now and Plus
-Added PS1, PSP and PS5 games to PS Now
-Adding a cloud gaming free version for countries where cloud gaming isn't supported
-An intermediate tier with Plus and the downloadable PS4 and PS5 games from PS Now
-Bigger focus on 'newer' top PS4 and PS5 exclusives (Returnal, Morales, Death Stranding, etc)

I think the main goal is to make PS Now more visible to those who already are PS Plus subscribers and would be ok to pay a few dollars per month to get hundreds of games.

And the second to use the PS Now cloud gaming free tiers to get extra subbers specially on countries where cloud gaming isn't supported.

Both goals would be done basically rebranding and tweaking PS Now as PS Plus tiers. With obviously extra improvements to make it more appealing.

Last edited:

SpokkX

This isn't accurate at all. Especially in Japan.

Neither has, so far, bought a big japanese publisher or even a single studio

I do think relationships matter though and Sony surely has had a closer relationship with From software the last decade (Demons souls, Bloodborne, Deracine).

So if anyone buys From it would be Sony. Not because Sony is japanese per say, but because of previous collaborations. Bethesda was the same for MS really, they have partnered since the og Xbox

Top Bottom