• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard has appointed a new Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer who wants to increase the number of women and non-binary employ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Banned
It's just weird imo to lump stuff like '' non-binary '' into the same category as women.
Imo I don't even think it's an actual thing every time I see people use that label they very clearly present one way it just feels like it's a label for people who want to feel special.
Like wtf happened to '' butch '' women?
Are you really non-binary because you have short hair or whatever? Come the fuck on...

Stuff like '' femboy '' is extremely niche is it actually something to worry about needing to be represented?
We're talking about like less than 1% of the population why do they need to have a quota and be some mandatory thing in an already niche profession on top of that too?
If I was a woman I'd probably be pretty fucking annoyed being lumped in with that.
It’s not only about representation but also about discrimination. I’d think these people needs to be protected and others need to learn to respect them and currently it’s obviously they don’t, specially gamers who cry over Abby’s appearance on a daily basis and she’s only a butch woman, she’s not non binary. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
It’s not only about representation but also about discrimination. I’d think these people needs to be protected and others need to learn to respect them and currently it’s obviously they don’t, specially gamers who cry over Abby’s appearance on a daily basis and she’s only a butch woman, she’s not non binary. 🤷🏻‍♂️

People earn respect. Being told I HAVE to respect someone doesn't make it happen.

Abby looks like a dude. It's also a fictional character so you don't need to be offended on it's behalf.

Vaelka

Even the wikipedia description doesn't make any sense.

'' Non-binary or genderqueer is an umbrella term for gender identities that are neither male nor female‍—‌ ''

Male and female aren't genders rofl they're biological sexes...
But yeah Abby is butch but she's still a woman, non-binary just mostly seems to be something people use as a label to feel more special.
I've even seen people use it as a shield online to label themselves as a minority and they're even honest about it, it's a way for people that aren't trans to pretend to be more similar to trans people and get the same online social protection and immunity.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It’s a smart strategy. Whenever they get bad press by releasing a half-finished bug-riddled game, they can launch a PR counterattack congratulating themselves for being so progressive.

Worked great for EA

you think thats how companies made their money in the first place ? by not caring if one of their division lose money ?
Don't ask me, i don't own an Xbox. I merely made a statement that reflect the major opinion of people who use Xbox products, that of profitability being unimportant and that they have an infinite war chest.

i mean, surely people who actual use MS products, would have a better idea of Microsoft than i do, who am i to argue against it? If they said Microsoft has infinite money, then maybe they are right and i am wrong?

Last edited:

Deft Beck

Every company has one of these people nowadays to please shareholders.

If it's any solace, this is probably the last time you will ever hear of this person outside of a press release.

Chukhopops

Don't ask me, i don't own an Xbox. I merely made a statement that reflect the major opinion of people who use Xbox products, that of profitability being unimportant and that they have an infinite war chest.

i mean, surely people who actual use MS products, would have a better idea of Microsoft than i do, who am i to argue against it? If they said Microsoft has infinite money, then maybe they are right and i am wrong?
Are you one of those people who still think MS gaming division doesn’t make a profit?

//DEVIL//

The fall of Call of Duty here we go!
Rainbow hair soldiers here we go!

Then we need some slut shouting in the office saying this character is a lesbian and get a mental breakdown in the office and twitter. Games to get delayed 2 to 3 years. then get released with missing stuff like Halo is.

and people wonder why the US economy is hitting the shit lol.

ParaSeoul

Microsoft really getting their moneys worth
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Drew1440

It was inevitable, its being owned by Microsoft after all.
Meanwhile Windows 11 explorer is still riddled with bugs, but hey at leat it's 'diverse'

Swift_Star

Banned
Attack the argument, not the person. Next time this happens you will have a prolonged break.
People earn respect. Being told I HAVE to respect someone doesn't make it happen.

Abby looks like a dude. It's also a fictional character so you don't need to be offended on it's behalf.
Nah, people deserve respect. “Earning” lol so some people don’t deserve respect because of what they look like, want to be called of what they like? What type or BS is that? If you want to be a dick be my guest, but don’t expect not to get some backlash. And lmao at the bolded. Seems you’re not very smart and can’t understand what Is being said.
Even the wikipedia description doesn't make any sense.

'' Non-binary or genderqueer is an umbrella term for gender identities that are neither male nor female‍—‌ ''

Male and female aren't genders rofl they're biological sexes...
But yeah Abby is butch but she's still a woman, non-binary just mostly seems to be something people use as a label to feel more special.
I've even seen people use it as a shield online to label themselves as a minority and they're even honest about it, it's a way for people that aren't trans to pretend to be more similar to trans people and get the same online social protection and immunity.
I don’t care about non binaries labels and whatnot, I just make a point about respecting people because is the bare minimum we have to do to live in society. It doesn’t matter to me if a person wants to look like an alien and wants to be called he, she, they or it, it’s their problem, not mine and it’s not hard to respect people, but some people really have a hard time to do that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Mess

Nah, people deserve respect. “Earning” lol so some people don’t deserve respect because of what they look like, want to be called of what they like? What type or BS is that? If you want to be a dick be my guest, but don’t expect not to get some backlash. And lmao at the bolded. Seems you’re not very smart and can’t understand what Is being said.

I don’t care about non binaries labels and whatnot, I just make a point about respecting people because is the bare minimum we have to do to live in society. It doesn’t matter to me if a person wants to look like an alien and wants to be called he, she, they or it, it’s their problem, not mine and it’s not hard to respect people, but some people really have a hard time to do that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Society expects people to be considerate of others to some extend while respect is earned, unless you have no standard whatsoever. But, ye, participation award generation feels entitled to that too I guess.

Swift_Star

Banned
Society expects people to be considerate of others to some extend while respect is earned, unless you have no standard whatsoever. But, ye, participation award generation feels entitled to that too I guess.
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to respect and treat everyone fine regardless of what they present themselves. But it’s pretty clear that lots of people can’t do that as hate attacks are commonplace everywhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️

phil_t98

#SonyToo
so does everybody who commented here just work with white men or do the places work that your in have women and people of different cultures?

Ironbunny

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to respect and treat everyone fine regardless of what they present themselves. But it’s pretty clear that lots of people can’t do that as hate attacks are commonplace everywhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I dont know if its a translation difference but in my country you earn respect. Its not something you are bestowed on just by being. One should treat each other as a human being but that does not equate respect

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
I dont know if its a translation difference but in my country you earn respect. Its not something you are bestowed on just by being. One should treat each other as a human being.
Lots of people don’t treat others as human beings because of how they want to present themselves. Lots of people here and on twitter and other places get offended and fake outrage because the fucking pronouns some people want to be used to refer to them. This is not being respectful.
Just did some research and respect in English has some other meanings, admiration related, that’s not what I’m saying here.

Last edited:

Ironbunny

Lots of people don’t treat others as human beings because of how they want to present themselves. Lots of people here and on twitter and other places get offended and fake outrage because the fucking pronouns some people want to be used to refer to them. This is not being respectful.

Some of people in the internet and on another forum say if you dont use the preferred pronoun you are a nazi and dehumanizer and dont see the person as a human being. Yea I dont dont use other pronouns then he or she.

Mess

In any healthy society "hate attacks" are punished by the law. If you're trying to say we're meant to be nice (or at least not be an ass) toward fellow human beings, well ofc.

Your colleagues probably don't care at all about your sex life or generally your private life or, well, how you see yourself. If you demand them to adress to you in a specific way or to cater to you in a specific way, you're asking for a privilege, not for basic consideration. They are free to grant it to you or not. And tbh if you insist you are the one being an ass to them.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Some of people in the internet and on another forum say if you dont use the preferred pronoun you are a nazi and dehumanizer and dont see the person as a human being. Yea I dont dont use other pronouns then he or she.
I use whatever pronoun a person wants me to use. There’s no good reason not to do it unless you want to be an ass.
In any healthy society "hate attacks" are punished by the law. If you're trying to say we're meant to be nice (or at least not be an ass) toward fellow human beings, well ofc.

Your colleagues probably don't care at all about you sex life or generally your private life or, well, how you see yourself. If you demand them to adress to you in a specific way or to cater to you in a specific way, you're asking for a privilege, not for basic consideration. They are free to grant it to you or not. And tbh if you insist you are the one being an ass to them.
Like o said, if a person wants me to call him or her or they, why would I not do it? There’s no reason not to unless I want to be an ass.
And yes, I’m saying v to be nice to people.

protonion

Thankfully my company has not been touched by this insanity.

What bothers me the most is the existence of this diversity officer.
Programmers, finance, marketing etc work their asses off to make the top management millionaires and some idiot will make money by doing... what exactly?
Questioning the employees their gender and keeping stats while pushing not the best candidates to make their lives even more difficult than they already are?

If there are employees fed up with all of this, I hope they all identify as non binary.
Just ridicule the whole process.

93xfan

Banned
Hire more women ya say? I wonder how they define “woman” in those hiring documents….
Easiest job to get. Ever! Just told them I identified as a wyman or whatever, no experience in the industry, like to alternate bathrooms based on how I feel that day and I got a lead role.

Open for suggestions on what anyone wants CoD 2025 to be called…

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Diversity of the mind is more important than diversity of immutable characteristics. Anyone who actively suggests they need to hire based on immutable characteristics is someone who isn't to be trusted in any position of power.

I use whatever pronoun a person wants me to use. There’s no good reason not to do it unless you want to be an ass.

Like o said, if a person wants me to call him or her or they, why would I not do it? There’s no reason not to unless I want to be an ass.

So if I wanted you to refer to me as Xerxes and Ximbob as my personal pronouns, you would do so? Even if it has no basis in scientific reality? What you are saying is if you don't, you are an ass.

I treat everyone as human beings, but I don't respect people unless they have earned said respect. This is normal for the vast, vast majority of the world's nations. Your sad attempts at strawman arguments, baseless accusations, and childish retorts are growing tiring. Just because someone doesn't buy into the millions of pronouns doesn't make them an ass. It doesn't make them "hate attacks".

You claim people should be respectful, but you are the most disrespectful person in this thread.

Swift_Star

Banned
Diversity of the mind is more important than diversity of immutable characteristics. Anyone who actively suggests they need to hire based on immutable characteristics is someone who isn't to be trusted in any position of power.

So if I wanted you to refer to me as Xerxes and Ximbob as my personal pronouns, you would do so? Even if it has no basis in scientific reality? What you are saying is if you don't, you are an ass.

I treat everyone as human beings, but I don't respect people unless they have earned said respect. This is normal for the vast, vast majority of the world's nations. Your sad attempts at strawman arguments, baseless accusations, and childish retorts are growing tiring. Just because someone doesn't buy into the millions of pronouns doesn't make them an ass. It doesn't make them "hate attacks".

You claim people should be respectful, but you are the most disrespectful person in this thread.
yes, that is not my problem or anyone else’s. You want me to call you toilet paper? Ok, I will. You do you.
Also, if what I’m saying is tiring, put me on ignore.
You know what, I’m going ahead and will do it.
There, done.

Last edited:

nkarafo

It's just weird imo to lump stuff like '' non-binary '' into the same category as women.
Imo I don't even think it's an actual thing every time I see people use that label they very clearly present one way it just feels like it's a label for people who want to feel special.
Like wtf happened to '' butch '' women?
Are you really non-binary because you have short hair or whatever? Come the fuck on...

Stuff like '' femboy '' is extremely niche is it actually something to worry about needing to be represented?
We're talking about like less than 1% of the population why do they need to have a quota and be some mandatory thing in an already niche profession on top of that too?
If I was a woman I'd probably be pretty fucking annoyed being lumped in with that.
There are only 2 categories really.

Straight white men and everyone else.

Outlier

IF they really do this, then (in my opinion) this is the end of whatever quality products they produce.

Going woke is NOT the solution to the problem. It will make it worse, now. I hope MS is happy with their purchase.

Swift_Star

Banned
IF they really do this, then (in my opinion) this is the end of whatever quality products they produce.

Going woke is NOT the solution to the problem. It will make it worse, now. I hope MS is happy with their purchase.
Apple, MS, LG, Samsung, and virtually all big companies in the world do this. Are all of their products bad?

Rambotito

They don't want diversity of the mind. They want lockstep absolute adhesion to one particular ideology. The ideology that makes no natural sense and that is contradictory to human thought and biological behavior.

But honestly I don't even care anymore. I haven't touched an Activision game since 2015. I want to be a diversity officer in Uganda and just complain about Ugandans all day and express the need for more people of non-color in every business.

Back in the good old days nobody went to work saying, “guys I’m straight, therefore my opinion matters!”. The same should apply for anyone else.

I understand that the modern workplace needs to make sure that sexual minorities are not discriminated against, but that’s it. Your gender or sexuality has nothing to do with making games whatsoever. For that you need good programming skills, art, design etc.

Companies are just going to end up with a bunch of sub standard employees.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Meritocracy and DEI can't co-exist.

I don't care who companies hire. Hire whomever you want. Ultimately the quality of their products and quality of their employees will decide how successful they are.

Azurro

Banned
I really, really hope CoD becomes so damn woke to the point that WWIII will be fought entirely between triple trans people, so that MS's entire purchase of AB becomes useless and people don't ever use it in fanboy wars again. :p

Nickolaidas

Because after a while it gets tiresome. Imagine having to socialize with thirty different people, who look like men, but one wants to be referred as 'they', the other as 'she', the other as 'worn', 'bjorn' or whatever. At some point, addressing those people stops being courtesy and becomes homework. I literally do not have the time, mood, or patience to learn about '100 different genders' and having to cater to the whims of every spoiled brat who wants a unique pronoun in order to feel special about themselves because they have no real problems and conjured up this crap in order to feel special and entertain themselves.

And on top of that, paint me as a nazi because I literally have no time to entertain their delusions.

Do you want to live like a woman and look like a woman? Fine. Do it and I'll refer you as 'she'. But this they/them/xorn/100 genders fad is bullshit, and it's getting tiresome.

You literally have *true* transgendered people call out this bullshit and point out how HARM it's doing to them, instead of good.

Reallink

Meritocracy and DEI can't co-exist.

I don't care who companies hire. Hire whomever you want. Ultimately the quality of their products and quality of their employees will decide how successful they are.

Large companies have so much bloat and so many redundancies they can, and they will be fine. It's the 10-20% of the workforce that does 90% of the work who matters. The only danger of DEIs is that your super achievers realize the bafoons in the next cubical earn effectively the same salary while contributing nothing. That's not really a concern though given the geographical location and relative youth of these studios, where even their "alt-right" employees are progressive as fuck and likely support their charity case initiative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom