• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Adult Link"

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
An oldie, but goodie.

6tl02d.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
See, folks can imagine Link in any way they wish... I don't really care. However, when I see posts like:

Fight for Freeform said:
Hmm...maybe that's why it looks so awesome?

I guess no matter how you spin it, if you base Link on the "original artwork", you're never gonna get a mature looking Link.

The way I see it, this is how Link would look like if it were made by American developers. And I think it looks AWESOME, far better than what Link currently looks like.

I really want to respond. Alternate ideas for game characters are interesting, but this quote seems to imply that the key notion is not "gee, wouldn't it be neat if..." but "boy, Link sure stinks like he is now. Those dumb developers can't make a COOL CHARACTER... only those nifty American developers can make GOOD CHARACTERS". That seems like a really silly viewpoint, and hence my complete disbelief.

(Mutters about the inane desire for "mature" games, which are almost always more adolescent than mature.)

Tony HoTT

Banned
The day they radically change Link's appearance is the day the nostalgia ridden fan base all jumps ship. I happen to be a part of this fan base.

What they should do is pull a Kojima, and have you play as Link's uncle or something in the beginning without telling you. Like that uncle in Link' to the Past or something.

Top Bottom